Zeke Theory

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
We have all seen the drop in productivity in Zeke. He looks slow, has zero vision, and is now a liability in pass protection / catching. Some on these boards mentioned it last year that he had lost his speed, while others disagreed.

My theory is Zeke knows his body better then anyone else and fought so hard for that contract because he already knew something we didn't. So what does he do? hold out, get paid, and is now on cruise control. Who cares if he gets cut? He got 50 mil guaranteed. That punishing running style fizzles out fast, just ask Marion Barber.

I dont blame the guy, just my thoughts.
Whelp, your better than NASA. They have a write up about the big bang on their website and they never use the word theory once. It's not in the title nor the body of the article. So at least your honest about when your just making stuff up.

NASA sucks.
:muttley:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Zeke was an overdraft compounded by an overpay. RBs are top-100 picks, not top-5 picks. It was a mistake.

Hate to say it, but that's pretty much what it comes down to. Of course, you get really damn excited when you get one Top 5 but 4-5 years later it's not so fun.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I doubt he has a major or chronic injury that would somehow go unreported for 2 years. He just looks content. He made it and got paid. His ballhandling has been absolutely horrific. That's just being lazy.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
We have all seen the drop in productivity in Zeke. He looks slow, has zero vision, and is now a liability in pass protection / catching. Some on these boards mentioned it last year that he had lost his speed, while others disagreed.

My theory is Zeke knows his body better then anyone else and fought so hard for that contract because he already knew something we didn't. So what does he do? hold out, get paid, and is now on cruise control. Who cares if he gets cut? He got 50 mil guaranteed. That punishing running style fizzles out fast, just ask Marion Barber.

I dont blame him too. he is medicore but who cares.

I blame the FO to even pick him.

JJ and SJ suck. And we wont sniff any kind of Championship until someone else will own our franchise.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i don't question his will.
i don't question his heart...or desire...or want to.
i question his balance.
pre-suspension Zeke could come thru the hole...keep his feet...and take'm home.
post-suspension Zeke comes thru the hole like he's on a damn slip-n-slide.
why?
that is my only question regarding #21.
why can he not keep his feet longer than 7yds.
what is his deal with keeping his balance.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
They should have paid byron instead of zeke, but that is done with.

Zeke is trying to do too much, and there is too much focus on him and his paycheck.

Pollard and zeke need to split snaps, have competition, and the one who is performing better or more suited for the opposing defense gets the snaps.

Byron makes zero plays. You don't pay that kind of money for what he does at all.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I doubt he has a major or chronic injury that would somehow go unreported for 2 years. He just looks content. He made it and got paid. His ballhandling has been absolutely horrific. That's just being lazy.

1500 career touches. 20 fumbles.

#ZekeHate

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

4 years he carried this offense....guess he got tired of doing it.

zerofill

Reaction score
If you remember originally Zeke loved contact... Marion Barber was like this. He didn't last long either.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke was never as good as many proclaimed he was. A few of us have been telling the masses for years that Zeke wasn't all that. Most didn't listen. Now its obvious.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
[he’s capable of lasting. A Peterson was just as physical and kept his speed until he was 30.
Zekes problem is his mentality. He’s too proud to make you miss. He can drop 7 pounds and gain more breakaway speed which allows him to get the yards with less carries.QUOTE="Havic, post: 10581057, member: 41536"]We have all seen the drop in productivity in Zeke. He looks slow, has zero vision, and is now a liability in pass protection / catching. Some on these boards mentioned it last year that he had lost his speed, while others disagreed.

I dont blame the guy, just my thoughts.[/QUOTE]