Twitter: Zeke: Those that want more Pollard aren't the ones signing the checks

DandyDon52

Reaction score
he's lucky we arent the ones signing the checks, or he would be playing for the jets right now.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
that was stupid of him to say that.....check your ego at the door and show it on the field.

Fans complain constantly when athletes and coaches give stock, cliche' answers that we don't consider to be honest.. Then when athletes and coaches give honest answers we get mad and say they shouldn't talk.. And people wonder why so many of them withdraw from interacting with fans except for kids.. Zeke has already checked his ego.. He is out there blocking on 50+ pass plays without complaining. He is splitting carries which he has never done before in life without complaining. He cheers for and hugs Pollard every time he comes off the field after a big play.. I have not seen any ego from him.. But I have seen annoyance with these same tired questions about his carries, his abilities, his salary et al. Because they're all stupid. The guy just wants to play football and do whatever he can to help the team win. Even to the point of taking himself out of games when he's been gassed. As a former player I can't tell you hard that is.. You NEVER want to come out of a game.. especially if you just got into a groove. But if you fell wrong and are hobbling around or you just need a blow it's better to let the other guy take over.. A big EGO would insist on staying in despite being compromised. Anybody who played ball knows this.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Fans complain constantly when athletes and coaches give stock, cliche' answers that we don't consider to be honest.. Then when athletes and coaches give honest answers we get mad and say they shouldn't talk.. And people wonder why so many of them withdraw from interacting with fans except for kids.. Zeke has already checked his ego.. He is out there blocking on 50+ pass plays without complaining. He is splitting carries which he has never done before in life without complaining. He cheers for and hugs Pollard every time he comes off the field after a big play.. I have not seen any ego from him.. But I have seen annoyance with these same tired questions about his carries, his abilities, his salary et al. Because they're all stupid. The guy just wants to play football and do whatever he can to help the team win. Even to the point of taking himself out of games when he's been gassed. As a former player I can't tell you hard that is.. You NEVER want to come out of a game.. especially if you just got into a groove. But if you fell wrong and are hobbling around or you just need a blow it's better to let the other guy take over.. A big EGO would insist on staying in despite being compromised. Anybody who played ball knows this.
exactly his response is being misunderstood for sure..i knew what he meant..his coaches, owners, and his teammates still value him as starter, period end of story., that what he meant at this point his starting title role is not in jeopardy...

CWR

Reaction score
I credit Zeke with being humbled over the last year or so. He is going to give it his all. If he still has it in him we will see it. He's to proud to get paid and be lazy like the bs narrative around here. This only adds fuel to the fire.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I credit Zeke with being humbled over the last year or so. He is going to give it his all. If he still has it in him we will see it. He's to proud to get paid and be lazy like the bs narrative around here. This only adds fuel to the fire.

I hope we see some angry Zeke runs over the next couple of games.. if for no other reason than they are fun as hell to watch. Make some defenders pay for the sins of the stupid fans..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
there is being honest and then there is being stupid. if he says, I am better and I do what I do or I give 100% and its about team winning, so I don't care who gets carries as long as we win....or whatever. but to say, hey pollard is not going to play because the man who signs the check wants me to play. that's stupid. and I don't think Pollard should start over Zeke. I like the combination and I like the ratio and I do think Zeke is critical in passing offense, as he is almost like another lineman (not quite) in blocking. he is key to that it allows us to send more in route and pressure the defense and still provide pass protection.

but there is no denying, I got paid. I make more money, so the boss wants me to play more!!!! honesty aside. its stupid.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Archer left out that Elliott was asked specifically about salary, not "getting more action"

This was a clear misquote.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Archer left out that Elliott was asked specifically about salary, not "getting more action. etc...

This was a clear misquote.

So he tweeted a response to a completely different question.. Wow.. I've never really payed much attention to Archer but I always thought he had at least a ounce of journalistic integrity. Clearly I was wrong.. This quote was a clear clickbait..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So he tweeted a response to a completely different question.. Wow.. I've never really payed much attention to Archer but I always thought he had at least a ounce of journalistic integrity. Clearly I was wrong.. This quote was a clear clickbait..
Correct, he wasn't asked about splitting carries or Pollard getting more carries.

Elliott was asked about HIS contract and HIS workload, nothing to do with Pollard.

CWR

Reaction score
I hope we see some angry Zeke runs over the next couple of games.. if for no other reason than they are fun as hell to watch. Make some defenders pay for the sins of the stupid fans..

Yeah, and it may just be me but I haven't seen "feed me" in awhile. It makes me think he isnt performing up to his own expectations. Not taking anything away from him though, because he's been pretty good so far this season. Pollard doing well doesn't make Zeke less of a player.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yeah, and it may just be me but I haven't seen "feed me" in awhile. It makes me think he isnt performing up to his own expectations. Not taking anything away from him though, because he's been pretty good so far this season. Pollard doing well doesn't make Zeke less of a player.

It does for softheads who need to hate one player to love another.. I don't get it but we see it all the time here.. I love both guys.. Why wouldn't I? They play for my team..

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Why would I read anything that contradicts my bias? Who wants to be knowledgeable about a topic when they can just bluster and repeat the same tired canards over and over?

True but really only makes Zeke case stronger, what people on the outside thinks be it media or fans does not matter. Zeke commitment is to the Dallas Cowboys, so people can say what they choose but those people have no say in what this team does and how they utilize the players. This is not a war between Zeke and Pollard, they are on the same page with the same goals and that is to help this team win.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
"It's a brotherhood. Every week we've all got the same goal, the same common goal and that's to go win football games. However we've got to do that, that's what we're going to have to do," Elliott said. "I'm happy to see Tony. I see the work he puts in. He's one of the hardest workers on the team and he's very talented. He deserves to go out there and play well." -- Ezekiel Elliott

Wow.. what a selfish bastid.. People trying to pain Zeke as some sort of "me" guy should be ashamed of themselves (we know they aren't but they should be) .. Anybody who has played team sports knows what he's talking about here. You root for your teammates because you come to consider them your brothers. Sure there are guys like T.O. who will pout in a corner even after a win but 99% of guys who play football see it this way.. When my brother wins.. I win.. Period..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
"It's a brotherhood. Every week we've all got the same goal, the same common goal and that's to go win football games. However we've got to do that, that's what we're going to have to do," Elliott said. "I'm happy to see Tony. I see the work he puts in. He's one of the hardest workers on the team and he's very talented. He deserves to go out there and play well." -- Ezekiel Elliott

Wow.. what a selfish bastid.. People trying to pain Zeke as some sort of "me" guy should be ashamed of themselves (we know they aren't but they should be) .. Anybody who has played team sports knows what he's talking about here. You root for your teammates because you come to consider them your brothers. Sure there are guys like T.O. who will pout in a corner even after a win but 99% of guys who play football see it this way.. When my brother wins.. I win.. Period..

I agree. Zeke and these players want to win, seems some fans are more interested in their own narrow views and bias. I hope to see both Zeke and Pollard out there making plays and helping this team win and that really is what matters.