Twitter: Zeke: Those that want more Pollard aren't the ones signing the checks

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Zeke is 25th in rushing after 2 games with a 3.9 YPC. He also has less yards rushing than 3 quarterbacks (Jackson, Hurts and Jones). . . . . . But he’s still the same Zeke . . . . :rolleyes:
He has a new haircut

StuckMojo

Reaction score

What a childish response. An adult would've said something like:

"Tony's a great teammate and we both want the ball in our hands. But we don't call the plays, we just run what's called. Whatever it takes to win."

Zeke was actually asked about his contract not about Pollard. Todd must of forgot that part. The tweet is very misleading but people don’t bother to actually look at what was really asked or context of the statement.

bigE79

Reaction score
Zeke is without a doubt one of the top five pass protectors and the poster child for RB's blocking. He puts on a clinic each week. You miss out on real talent if all you look at are his rushing yards. He covers up for that Oline that seems to change weekly, yet the protection is mostly still intact. I think you would understand Pollard's contribution to the pass game being only as a wide receiver.
So in other terms, your saying he's a high paid fullback?

Bigdog

Reaction score
I just don't think he cares at this point.. and he is correct in not caring.. He's out there doing everything in his power to help his team win. When that stops I'll get mad at him.. Until then.. I want him in the line up.. and I want him getting the ball..
I am with you on that. Give him the ball

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

On second opinion, Zeke is entirely correct!
Why?
Because Jerry has invested so much monay on Zeke, he is not ready to bench him.
Plain and simple, snappy chaps.
Wot!? Wot!?
Would we undermine our season by not featuring Pollard to save face for Jerry and Zeke?
I should hope not, bland fellows of the pigiron!

Mr_437

Reaction score
Good enough for me. Feed Zeke and Pollard! Take some of those passes away from Dak.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
All those passes to the HB don't count? Okay. I stand corrected. Thanks!
Swing passes and dump offs are not screens.. And if I'm not mistaken the backs have 11 catches so far this season.. 5.5 a game.. I can only recall one of those being a screen. They have run a lot of WR screens though..

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

A completely uninteresting comment. Could say that about anything the team does.

The Right Answer was:
"Pollard has been playing great and should get more snaps. I hope there are more personnel packages with both of us."

Verdict

Reaction score
Zeke is 25th in rushing after 2 games with a 3.9 YPC. He also has less yards rushing than 3 quarterbacks (Jackson, Hurts and Jones). . . . . . But he’s still the same Zeke . . . . :rolleyes:
I’m not a Zeke apologist, but it is obvious that the team’s game plan was to pass the ball in game 1 and pretty much abandon the run. With that fact, it’s a little bit disingenuous to put that on Zeke. It’s a very small sample size.

If Zeke is still in that same range at the end of the season (and he doesn’t lose games due to injury or illness) then your point is a lot more valid.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Zeke's an idiot.

Keep your mouth shut!

Now he's definitely going to hear many voice their dislike towards his cocky mouth and attitude.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
He should ask his boss who is in the building who he gets his checks from.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not a Zeke apologist, but it is obvious that the team’s game plan was to pass the ball in game 1 and pretty much abandon the run. With that fact, it’s a little bit disingenuous to put that on Zeke. It’s a very small sample size.

If Zeke is still in that same range at the end of the season (and he doesn’t lose games due to injury or illness) then your point is a lot more valid.
YPC of 3.9 is valid now.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Whew! Those first few pages are brutal. Couldn't read anymore without
commenting. So many have misinterpreted what Zeke said and focused
on a narrative. The Contract.

He also said "...what really matters is what's going on in this building."
The perfect response. Easy translation is everything you'd want.
It's about the team. The whole team. Nothing but the team.

Easily missed because he signed a contract and got his money
before they gave it all to Dak. QBs are playing well into their 40s
these days while so many RBs are done before their 28th birthday. Just sayin'.

I predict that Zeke will have great game on Monday night.
Pollard too. Just like they both did last week. Except this week,
Zeke will shut a few people up. Not everyone, of course... lol/smh

JBond

Reaction score
He didn't say anything about making money.. He also said "What matters is what goes on in this building.." I'm pretty sure his coaches and teammates all work in the building so they're included WITH the guy who signs the checks.. Basically he dismissed all the people who are not part of the Cowboys .... He's 100% correct.
False... sending the wires is what matters to him. He said it clearly.

Macnalty

Reaction score
So in other terms, your saying he's a high paid fullback?
I have never seen a fullback block as well as Zeke, he is a thousand yard rusher who blocks similar to a lineman in pass protection. When you have a line like the Cowboys, that is a valuable weapon, and Pollard does have this in his arsenal. In fact, no other team in the NFL has a Zeke level pass protector who will spit out a thousand yards a season. I understand your argument if you think the QB protection is more than adequate without Zeke.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Zeke comment is about people on the outside making statements and giving their opinion yet have absolutely no say in anything. People can say Pollard should start yet none of those people have anything to do with the Dallas Cowboys. People are taking this comment from Zeke completely out of context. Only opinion that matter to Zeke are those who actually have a say in what this team does.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Todd's tweet feeds the starving and bloodthirsty anti-zeke fans, that hunger for negativity about him and other Cowboy players. I wonder who's next?