Twitter: Zeke tore his PCL earlier in the season

CWR

Reaction score
You think they kept him playing because they know how trash the line is and couldn't afford to lose his blocking?

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
And we kept playing him because of what... player loyalty and favoritism. I said in the game thread if Tony didn't get 20 touches we aren't a serious football team.

Froski

Reaction score
And we are hearing about this **** now? NOW?! If you were that injured there's no reason in hell you needed be out there. Total liability....it did NOTHING to help the team. If it gets to the point that they play call around him and pull him out every other play...you have a problem. Everyone could see that he wasn't 100%. C'mon man....

Coaches are dumb for not sitting him and just bringing in another RB

ArtClink

Reaction score
I wholeheartedly admire Zeke’s toughness, but question a coaching staff that continued riding the clearly injured back in lieu of his explosive backup who outperformed him.
This, except Jerry sets the starting lineups based on where they were drafted AND how much money is he paying them. Remember the fuhrer has the final say in ALL football matters. McCarthy like his predecessors has very limited power and Jerry hires a lot of the hc staff (Moore was hired as off coordinator before McCarthy was hired).

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't even blame Zeke.

He's a football player and he wants to play.

It's the dumb coaching staff that refused to see he was severely limited out that and a waste of a possession every time we put the ball in his hands.

The kicker in all of this is that it seemed the few times we actually go the ball moving, Pollard was in the game. Even when he didn't touch it, the 49ers seemed aware of where he was. When Elliott was in the game, they had zero concern about him in the passing game and running anywhere but behind Martin/Biadasz/Williams.

That's just pure stupidity on the the OC and RB coach to keep running Elliott out here. This franchise has a bizarre and destructive obsession with loyalty. And that's the only explanation for continually running Elliott out there when it was clear as day he was useless in this game.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Pollard, once again, clearly looked like the better player.

BUT they just will not let him get the carries, but instead force Zeke because of his contract.

MiddleStar

Reaction score
LMAOOOOOOOO

So we watched a hurt RB run for 3 YPC the whole second half of the season and in the playoffs.

Meanwhile Pollard leading the league in YPC

Great job by the coaches. Just bang up job.

One reason I fire the entire offensive staff.

Was begging for Pollard on the next to last drive. We had plenty of time and could have run it.

terra

Reaction score
Just unbelievable. The guy should have been put on IR and see what Pollard could do full time. Not that I think he can handle it full time but at least give him a shot.

I BET this is on Jerry more than anyone

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Told y’all that about 6 weeks ago.

Just shows how stupid this team is to play him. He was awful this year.
No the offensive line was horrible at run blocking and Kellen is awful at creativity in the run game.

Bigdog

Reaction score
So we didn’t use Pollard more and new this? How dumb can we be.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Tough! He held out for a huge amount in money and then didn’t produce! I love our players but not when they hold us hostage! What have you done since then? How about we balance production and demand for money? I’d love players demand as much as they produce. But I’m tired of them holding out and then not helping us win

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
pollard doesnt have the huge contract ;)
That is why they should pay the player who who performs the huge contracts and show consistency and not just play good leading up to a big contract. You are right though they feel like obligated to play those who they pay.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I wholeheartedly admire Zeke’s toughness, but question a coaching staff that continued riding the clearly injured back in lieu of his explosive backup who outperformed him.
this reason along MM, KM, McDonalds and anybody else with an M in their name should be fired from their jobs

chasecooley5308

Reaction score
That is why they should pay the player who who performs the huge contracts and show consistency and not just play good leading up to a big contract. You are right though they feel like obligated to play those who they pay.

yes its frustrating..and thats putting it nicely. its a common thing in dallas.