Zeke up or down

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of stuff about Zeke not being what we thought he was. So, I'm just trying to get a clear idea of how everyone feels about him. And yes I understand it's only 2 games buts it's Monday.

Week 1) 20 attempts for 51 yards 1 TD 2.6 average 0 fumbles
Week 2) 21 attempts for 83 yards 1 TD 4.0 average 2 fumbles

I'd add a poll, but I just realized idk how to do it:( so, if an admin would be so kind that would be great:banghead:

Zordon

Reaction score
I feel good. Oline play needs to improve and a lot of running lanes will open up for him once Romo returns.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I feel good. Oline play needs to improve and a lot of running lanes will open up for him once Romo returns.

The bootleg was a step in the right direction in terms of exposing those fronts.. There is a multitude of ways to take advantage of the 8 & 9 man fronts but it's progress.

Anytime this coaching staff shows the willingness to call something that isn't out of the 1960's playbook i'm happy.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Yup, it's been two games. He will be fine. He's still our RB1. He will get in a groove.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still on the up.
He slowed down his game some. But still needs some work. But now he needs to also focus on that ball protection. Only his 2nd game. With a rookie QB. Teams stacking the box.
Once Dak burns some teams and starts getting some TD passes. And stretching the field. All that will change.

Zeke also showed some of his quick cuts for when he does see them holes, and his burst through them.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Zeke way down but it's still early.

He didn't have a good game yesterday. The second he gains a bit of confidence off of a really nice run he starts fumbling and almost cost us the game.

Dallas plays a 50-50 brand of football and when you put the ball on the ground you aren't worth it.

I've seen ex-players say that he wouldn't look right until at least the 3rd or 4th game so i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and we better start seeing some return on investment around October.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is a rookie.

I would like to see morris get at least 10 carries though.

Yes, I was surprised that Morris was not more involved earlier. Seems they were trying to get Dunbar more involved.
I think they are still trying to find a balance on the carries. I think if Tony was in there, they would know more on this balance. Because they know Tony and still getting Dak to learn the NFL in general.
This is not a knock on Dak in any way.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Zeke Countdown:

With 134 yards he needs 1675 yards to break Dickerson's rookie rushing total. He needs to average 119.6 yards per game. Not very likely, but not impossible. A really big game would get him on track.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Fumbles will put you in the doghouse and on the bench regardless of draft status. This was not a problem at all in college so let's hope it was just a blip on the radar.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm not worried about Zeke at all. I am a bit perplexed by our online and TE blocking...its definitely not up to par so far.

5 or 6 on 8 or 9.

Teams have us bottled up simply because of numbers and Dallas really not keeping them honest. The bootleg was a step in the right direction.

Ken

Reaction score
Currently 8th in the league in rushing tied with David Johnson.

So that should put some things in perspective. I would like to see more 'wow' plays though, i thought that is what we were getting in this player and just haven't seen it yet. I think he will continue to get better though.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love Zeke. He's going to be one of the best RBs in the league over his career. Not down on him in the slightest.
Not sure if serious. It's hard to tell with you sometimes. I do think he will have a very nice career.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
5 or 6 on 8 or 9.

Teams have us bottled up simply because of numbers and Dallas really not keeping them honest. The bootleg was a step in the right direction.

This does seem to be the case more often which is a bit perplexing. I don't recall being outnumbered this much on rushing attempts even with Cassell and Weeden at QB last season.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm still up on him. Did you see what the Seahawks did to Gurley and the Rams? Stacked the box and let Case Keenum beat them. Rams eked out a 9-3 win.

Until Dak makes the defense back off, Elliott is going to continue to see eight-men fronts.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing more of Morris. I wouldn't even be upset if he started the game. But I still think Zeke has more break-away in his game than Morris, which is one reason he's starting.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Down. We are forcing him to get 20 carries, and I'd like some of those carries to go to Morris instead until Zeke becomes more comfortable with the NFL game.

Ren

Reaction score
When they get comfortable having prescott pass from under center there will be running lanes galore, right now if he's under center it's always a run or PA which makes playing the run easy