Zeke update

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
These players also need to consider their future. I would love to go through life in my later years without and arthritic knee no matter how much money I had. .

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These players also need to consider their future. I would love to go through life in my later years without and arthritic knee no matter how much money I had. .
Part of why they get paid big bucks...play through pain and make more money in 5 years than most people make in their whole life....

CWR

Reaction score
Why? If he can go, GO....they all play with pain.

Because it looks to have slowed him. Maybe it's more so the oline? Although TP looks the same imo. In either event Zeke looked much better to start the year. Hopefully they get a good evaluation on him and decide accordingly. I'd like to see the guy who was able to get the edges like he was doing earlier in the season.

I want Zeke in form for the push to the playoffs.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Because it looks to have slowed him. Maybe it's more so the oline? Although TP looks the same imo. In either event Zeke looked much better to start the year. Hopefully they get a good evaluation on him and decide accordingly. I'd like to see the guy who was able to get the edges like he was doing earlier in the season.

Tried to say the same, but I think my eloquence got in the way.

It happens.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If Emmitt hadn't have played with a dislocated shoulder we wouldn't have beat the Giants and earned an easier path to the SB....

Corso

Reaction score
Plain talk is best, still don't agree....if he's cleared by the docs....play.
I understand your thinking.
I tend to be more nuanced and wonder if what he's going through, although cleared, is a hindrance more than a help.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand your thinking.
I tend to be more nuanced and wonder if what he's going through, although cleared, is a hindrance more than a help.
He's a multi millionaire....he's not gonna play if he doesn't want too....he and the trainers should make that choice and not us fans.

Corso

Reaction score
He's a multi millionaire....he's not gonna play if he doesn't want too....he and the trainers should make that choice and not us fans.
Which is what I said several posts ago while responding to you specifically.

CWR

Reaction score
If Emmitt hadn't have played with a dislocated shoulder we wouldn't have beat the Giants and earned an easier path to the SB....

Sure, but we can't really compare Zeke to Emmitt right? Love Zeke, but they are pretty different. Zeke is a durable tank of a player, but I'm not certain he can produce like that while hurting.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure, but we can't really compare Zeke to Emmitt right? Love Zeke, but they are pretty different. Zeke is a durable tank of a player, but I'm not certain he can produce like that while hurting.
Exactly, you aren't sure, so let the team doctors make the call....

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Elliott is a RB that will tap out when he's not at 100%, which is fine, he knows when he's at optimum level.

He does not look like he is at that point in the last couple of games but I do not agree it's about Pollard stealing his thunder, he wants to help his team. When he got crossways with Meyer at OSU, that was not about him but what gave the team the best chance to beat Michigan and Meyer actually agreed with him.

There is a fine line for coaches with players that might not be at 100% and doing what's best for the team and the player.

Elliott is not a player I worry about giving what he's got for the team. But the HC should be the decision maker for what is best for the team when that player might not be at 100%.

McC should know if this team is going to make any noise in the playoffs, they will need a 100% Elliott and he does not look like that now. If he limps into the playoffs, so does the team.