Zeke vs Barkley: Which is best RB in NFL?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jay Novacek was a good player at the Cards when I saw him,,but they never would use him enough because of Rob Awalt…..funny...both players ended up on the Cowboys. Awalt was a damn good player too but couldn't stay healthy.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Wrong..Barley cant run between the tackles..everything is bounced to the outside same as in college....Barkley is a back that can average 2ypc then hit a 60 yard run...not a guy who can run out the clock...I think Barkley is amazing but is a different type of RB than Zeke
You're wrong. He can and does run between the tackles. Too many people assume and don't watch his games. I watch the Gnats games living in NJ and this guy is the complete package. They both are, Barkley is just better.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
good point. Its tough. Like I said before, it all depends on your flavor. lol.
We have been fortunate to have Zeke join the illustrious group of great Dallas RBs like Perkins, Barber, Walker, Hill, Dorsett, Emmitt, and DeMarco. They have worked well in our system and/or the coach had the sense to use them effectively.

quickccc

Reaction score
lmao...what? He and Zeke are 1A,1B...in any order. The guy aint Barry Sanders...very good,but that's it. Same with Zeke. Not generational. That title belongs to Bo Jackson, Barry Sanders,Emmitt Smith,Walter Payton and Jim Brown. If not for knee injuries...Gale Sayers. I LOVED TONY DORSETT..but he's not quite in that top group. He was special though.

Emmitt being the 17th overall pick in the 1990 NFL draft and a guy that was considered small not ideal size and slow not ideal speed he wasn't considered a generation back

in fact ihe wasn't even the target guy the Cowboys initially wanted to pick as that was actually edge rusher James Francis from Baylor who was eventually picked by Cincinnati earlier I
Before we picked emmitt, supposedly the next best player on our draft board.

From when I hear the term generational backs thats coming from scouts, player personnel guys and so called draft guru's that eye focuses prototype workout measurement numbers and game tapes going into what is considered generation backs

and those back usually are projected at least top five overall in a draft class ,,,considering without any medical red flags (ala Gurley)
Bo Jackson
Adrian Peterson
Herschel Walker
Barry Sanders
Eric dickerson
Ricky Williams
OJ Simpson
..to name a few
And yes Zeke elliot and saquon Barkley are others projected as generational as I recall

Yes they having a slew of generational bags that have went top 5 and even number one overall that didn't come close to panning out to their pre-draft hype.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Homer? No, just stating facts.

According to actual facts Emmitt caught less than 1 pass per game and if you're calling that as fact that Emmitt was a much better pass catcher you are just being a homer.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Saquon has seven games under fifty rushing yards already.

Zeke has 3.

Zeke rarely has any games where he rushes the ball under 15 times, Barkley had 6 games last season. A few of those games he still found a way to total over 100 yards.

Zeke consistently gets the rock, which is why he has 300+ carries. You also have to factor in the line for the Giants is garbage.

tico

Reaction score
Zeke..all around better.. let SoB get some tread on those tires and see if he can do what Zeke does in year 3

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Zeke..all around better.. let SoB get some tread on those tires and see if he can do what Zeke does in year 3

Zeke has only played in two full seasons. Some of you are acting like he's been in the league for a decade....

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Just from TV ( other than the clown on with Steven A.) and Radio, most seems to think Our guy is better and I agree. Like I stated before like the egg or chicken or Barry and Emmitt, everyone has an opinion and think they are right. My brother went against both Emmitt and Barry and he said Emmitt fit like a baseball glove with us.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Saquon has seven games under fifty rushing yards already.

Zeke has 3.

Man cherry picking is the WORST

In Barkleys games under 50 rushing yards he averages 57.1 receiving yards

In Zekes games under 50 rushing yards he averages.... 14. Zeke also has a game with 51 rushing yards that he had 1 receiving yard.

Games under 100 yards last season:
Zeke- 4
Barkley- 3

This is despite Barkley having less touches than Zeke last year, and a worse Oline, and a worse QB. Cherry pick that.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yes correct, when all parts are in order we're hard to stop, but unfortunately how often is it all parts are in order? With the cowboys over he last 20 years it's been 1 step forward and two steps back it seems. They'll have a great defense and terrible offense, or other way around. I'll admit to them possibly having both possibly but even if and when this happens, something stupid will happen and Garrett will get out coached or will lose our best player for some stupid reason or other. Lets just admit we've been snakebit big time..

It's obviously it has slipped by you that football is a team sport and on any given play just one player not doing his job can result in a bad play, penalty, or turnover or all three..There have been some coaching mistakes but all coaches make them, even the ones most think as the best. Example, Pete Carroll in the Super Bowl with the ball on NE 2 yard line late in the game and a score would have given them the lead and he chose to try to pass for a TD instead of giving to one of the best backs in the league at the time Lynch. Now we all know that the pass was picked off and Seattle lost and most say that was a huge coaching blunder. Also even the best coaches and players readily admit that along with talent they have to have a lot of good luck and unfortunately for the Cowboys they haven't had a lot of that. Lastly those with some kind of clue are aware of the fact that since the start of the cap era due to the way Jones spent money before that, the Cowboys had been in cap he11 since it started and finally broke out of that after last season. Why is that important, because that had a large part in being able to resign and keep players they wanted but didn't have the cap space to do it and stopped them from signing other quality players because again they didn't have the cap space to do it. So there are legit reason why it's foolish for you to continue to whine about things that date back to prior to the salary cap. Yes I wish the Cowboys would win the Super Bowl every year but I also see the real reasons why it hasn't happened.

kskboys

Reaction score
No, I was one of the biggest Zeke supporters. I wanted them to draft him and went crazy when we did but facts are facts. Barkley is superior.
Do you get little thrills in your tummy by stating that your opinion is fact?

kskboys

Reaction score
Man cherry picking is the WORST

In Barkleys games under 50 rushing yards he averages 57.1 receiving yards

In Zekes games under 50 rushing yards he averages.... 14. Zeke also has a game with 51 rushing yards that he had 1 receiving yard.

Games under 100 yards last season:
Zeke- 4
Barkley- 3

This is despite Barkley having less touches than Zeke last year, and a worse Oline, and a worse QB. Cherry pick that.
I actually agree w/ you completely on this. Both sides are cherry picking and some are just outright lying!!!!