Zeke vs. Dallas Media

DenCWBY

Reaction score
His performance on the field can buy him a lot of love by Cowboys fans. The media will just have to get over it. Depending on how this playoff ticket punching goes, the season could be over for Zeke and the Boys by the end of the calendar year, so the idea of "after a few games it will blow over" may have to be amended to "after a couple of games" because that's all we have on the schedule... two.
Yep. We're highly unlikely to be in the playoffs so Zeke's job at this point (according to the FO anyway) is to blow it out in both games giving the fans something to hope for (to buy tickets) in 2018. Zeke could do wonders for what looks like a lot of holes in the offense. We'll see how it goes.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So let me see if I get this right.

Zeke was suspended by the league for something that was never proven. His suspension was not a unanimous decision by the league but by two executives only. With the lead investigator suggesting no suspension be handed down. And at no time was his team of attorneys ever allowed to question the plaintiff, who had witnesses which suggested she was lying.

He fought the suspension as long as he could until it came to a point he no longer could throw money at it because the ultimate outcome would be him sitting for 6 games. Even though he still to this day has not been proven to have done anything wrong.

He sits out his suspension. He takes his unjust punishment and stays silent on it. He works out, and is in terrific shape so it would appear. He is ready to play, focused, and happy to be back with his football family. All his comments since returning have indicated he is a loyal Dallas Cowboy, ready to go into battle, and maybe write a happier ending to this season and chapter if things break right.

Now what happens.

The press asks him about the suspension and what he did when he was away. He very pleasantly stated that is behind him and he wanted to move forward. He asked them kindly to just get past this time and move on. So like the press does, they reframe their questions to be innocuous, and open a door where he will talk about it. He again said he did not wish to speak about this. He took another question which had to do with the time off and he suggested he was ready to speak about the Seattle Seahawks. Then he was asked a leading question which was again meant to open the door to the time off. He ended the press conference.

So here is late breaking news for some of you.

He owes us no explanation about the past six weeks. Just because we are fans does not entitle us to open that wound. He surely still has a bit of animosity about being set down for something he states emphatically he did not do. No telling how much revenue he has lost over a decision by Goodell with no....NO evidence proving he is anything but a young high spirited guy who likes women.

He does not owe the press a story. Even though we get our information through the press, and they get paid for getting that information, he simply did not wish to dredge this up again. We as fans and the press in general do not have any dominion over Zeke and he owes us nothing. Hell. most of us only watch the game on TV, and outside of perhaps cable or satellite TV, we pay very little to see him perform. We have a stake in his career only because he is a Dallas Cowboy. But that entitles us to no information about this past suspension. None what so ever.

He paid his price, served his time, lost wages and revenue, and no telling how much money in his post football career because of this injustice. He owes us nothing.

He ended the press conference by saying it was over. That was not immature. He stated it and turned away. The press will be there again today and tomorrow. And when he has an exceptional game against the Seahawks, they will gather around him.

This questions still will be asked and he will not answer them. But ultimately there will be a point when the journalists and media will stop bugging him because they will lose access in the future.

But to be sure there will be a high octane journalist that will get a one on one interview with him during the off season and will attempt to befriend Zeke and try and dredge this up. "So Zeke can have the final word and tell his side." I do not see Zeke as a dumb athlete. So my thinking is he will see through this charade and thank the journalist to move on.

You will hear people on the radio and on TV like Dale Hansen who will preach from their soapboxes and bully pulpits as if they give a rat's ankle about Zeke. They will castigate him, much like Hansen did Barry Switzer. They only care about the story and the salaciousness of its content. This is now the gotcha press whose heartfelt stories are cats caught in trees and firemen getting them down. Otherwise these people wait like hunters to pounce on prey, only to rend them into a bloody pulp so the journalist gets hits on the interwebs, and his or her story gets picked up nationally.

Zeke owes us nothing. And the people here who are railing on him because he wants this to be about football and not his personal life have the luxury of not being front page news whenever you people screw up. You are anonymous.

He's just one lost soul
swimming in a fish bow
year after year
running over the same old ground
what have we found
the same old fear
wish you were here

Those lyrics just became crystal clear for me. Wish you were here to see this as I see it. Live through it as live through it.

Sorry, I disgress

This is not him being childish or petulant. This is Zeke ending the discussion about the events that lead to the suspension. the suspension itself, and the time he was away from football. Nothing more.

He wishes to no longer be the focal point of the press on the Dallas Cowboys in any way other than tearing the Seattle Seahawks a new rear end. And that is not childish. That is wisdom.

Being in the press gives them no rights to personal issues. Even when they spill across the football page in the paper. Neither does it give us fans rights. The guy is moving on.
:clap:

kumizi

Reaction score
Did the media "get over it" with Greg Hardy? ESPN ran thousands of hours of shock jock reporting on the issue and in that entire time there was literally ONE GUY at ESPN that bothered to read the facts of the case in forming his opinion.
Lmao at anyone defending Greg Hardy.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yep. We're highly unlikely to be in the playoffs so Zeke's job at this point (according to the FO anyway) is to blow it out in both games giving the fans something to hope for (to buy tickets) in 2018. Zeke could do wonders for what looks like a lot of holes in the offense. We'll see how it goes.
...and lord have mercy on the 3 seed team that the Cowboys would play in the unlikely event they did make the playoffs. I think that would be the Rams... you know what they say about paybacks. :D

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I could be mistaken but I believe the team has to make players available to the media if they are requested to be interviewed. That could be only on game days? The players though are not obligated to discuss their personal life.

Yes you are correct he is required to do interviews. But like you said to talk football!

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
So let me see if I get this right.

Zeke was suspended by the league for something that was never proven. His suspension was not a unanimous decision by the league but by two executives only. With the lead investigator suggesting no suspension be handed down. And at no time was his team of attorneys ever allowed to question the plaintiff, who had witnesses which suggested she was lying.

He fought the suspension as long as he could until it came to a point he no longer could throw money at it because the ultimate outcome would be him sitting for 6 games. Even though he still to this day has not been proven to have done anything wrong.

He sits out his suspension. He takes his unjust punishment and stays silent on it. He works out, and is in terrific shape so it would appear. He is ready to play, focused, and happy to be back with his football family. All his comments since returning have indicated he is a loyal Dallas Cowboy, ready to go into battle, and maybe write a happier ending to this season and chapter if things break right.

Now what happens.

The press asks him about the suspension and what he did when he was away. He very pleasantly stated that is behind him and he wanted to move forward. He asked them kindly to just get past this time and move on. So like the press does, they reframe their questions to be innocuous, and open a door where he will talk about it. He again said he did not wish to speak about this. He took another question which had to do with the time off and he suggested he was ready to speak about the Seattle Seahawks. Then he was asked a leading question which was again meant to open the door to the time off. He ended the press conference.

So here is late breaking news for some of you.

He owes us no explanation about the past six weeks. Just because we are fans does not entitle us to open that wound. He surely still has a bit of animosity about being set down for something he states emphatically he did not do. No telling how much revenue he has lost over a decision by Goodell with no....NO evidence proving he is anything but a young high spirited guy who likes women.

He does not owe the press a story. Even though we get our information through the press, and they get paid for getting that information, he simply did not wish to dredge this up again. We as fans and the press in general do not have any dominion over Zeke and he owes us nothing. Hell. most of us only watch the game on TV, and outside of perhaps cable or satellite TV, we pay very little to see him perform. We have a stake in his career only because he is a Dallas Cowboy. But that entitles us to no information about this past suspension. None what so ever.

He paid his price, served his time, lost wages and revenue, and no telling how much money in his post football career because of this injustice. He owes us nothing.

He ended the press conference by saying it was over. That was not immature. He stated it and turned away. The press will be there again today and tomorrow. And when he has an exceptional game against the Seahawks, they will gather around him.

This questions still will be asked and he will not answer them. But ultimately there will be a point when the journalists and media will stop bugging him because they will lose access in the future.

But to be sure there will be a high octane journalist that will get a one on one interview with him during the off season and will attempt to befriend Zeke and try and dredge this up. "So Zeke can have the final word and tell his side." I do not see Zeke as a dumb athlete. So my thinking is he will see through this charade and thank the journalist to move on.

You will hear people on the radio and on TV like Dale Hansen who will preach from their soapboxes and bully pulpits as if they give a rat's ankle about Zeke. They will castigate him, much like Hansen did Barry Switzer. They only care about the story and the salaciousness of its content. This is now the gotcha press whose heartfelt stories are cats caught in trees and firemen getting them down. Otherwise these people wait like hunters to pounce on prey, only to rend them into a bloody pulp so the journalist gets hits on the interwebs, and his or her story gets picked up nationally.

Zeke owes us nothing. And the people here who are railing on him because he wants this to be about football and not his personal life have the luxury of not being front page news whenever you people screw up. You are anonymous.

He's just one lost soul
swimming in a fish bow
year after year
running over the same old ground
what have we found
the same old fear
wish you were here

Those lyrics just became crystal clear for me. Wish you were here to see this as I see it. Live through it as live through it.

Sorry, I disgress

This is not him being childish or petulant. This is Zeke ending the discussion about the events that lead to the suspension. the suspension itself, and the time he was away from football. Nothing more.

He wishes to no longer be the focal point of the press on the Dallas Cowboys in any way other than tearing the Seattle Seahawks a new rear end. And that is not childish. That is wisdom.

Being in the press gives them no rights to personal issues. Even when they spill across the football page in the paper. Neither does it give us fans rights. The guy is moving on.
great post

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
its always about the money they have to try to sell hope for the next year if they don't change the staff its going to be really important for zeke to make a big show in the next two games whether they get to the playoffs or not

jrumann59

Reaction score
You get your info from Zeke?
Players and HCs are required to talk. But, yes, they can not " talk." :rolleyes:
You talkin' to me, Peewee?
His contract states he must talk to the media, as far as I am concerned he could go on a filibuster about the effect of sun on a canines posterior. He is fulfilling his duties as they are outlined, until his contract states he must kowtow to the media and have them probe his posterior to see whether the sushi he ate for lunch was too high in mercury, he should not be lambasted.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I actually have no problem with Zeke not wanting to answer questions from the press but you have to give them something or they will write whatever they want and make the public perception problem that Zeke has, only worse. Romo did it well when he gave his "It's a meritocracy" speech and took no questions afterwards. Zeke could have done that. He had to know the obvious questions were going to be asked so why not just make a statement answering them and then moving on. Shutting the media down as he did and walking away is just bad form.
Giving them something so they will right the truth? Oh puh-lease plenty of "journalists" could careless about the "truth" they want headlines. They will write what they want especially if they can get two sources to "verify" it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Giving them something so they will right the truth? Oh puh-lease plenty of "journalists" could careless about the "truth" they want headlines. They will write what they want especially if they can get two sources to "verify" it.
:rolleyes: Contrary to the evidence otherwise, you go believe whatever you want to about the big ole bad media out to get Zeke. They asked such softball questions that should have been so easy for him to answer but rather than be cordial, he had to be a jerk and cop an attitude.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You are so wrong! He gets paid to perform! That’s it!

What he did in Cabo or what he thinks about the suspension has nothing to do with Sunday’s game. Answer questions about the game just played it this upcoming game. Anything else is just Bs!
Go eat a cheesesteak, Mr. Knowitall.
Teaks are supposed to make their genius players available to the media. Available not to scowl or appear self-absorbed or arrogant but to talk football. And talking about his regimen while in Cabo fits the bill.
Have anudda cheesesteak and buy yo self annuda gold chain!

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You're trying way too hard to be clever. :rolleyes:

He talked to the media. They just didn't like his answers.
He talked to some extent. Then he stopped. Stop being disingenuous. (Liars get coal for Christmas!)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
His contract states he must talk to the media, as far as I am concerned he could go on a filibuster about the effect of sun on a canines posterior. He is fulfilling his duties as they are outlined, until his contract states he must kowtow to the media and have them probe his posterior to see whether the sushi he ate for lunch was too high in mercury, he should not be lambasted.
That was an exercise in excessive sarcasm, faux cleverness and 7th-grade grossness.
How can someone read this drivel without throwing up?
How, I ask you?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Go eat a cheesesteak, Mr. Knowitall.
Teaks are supposed to make their genius players available to the media. Available not to scowl or appear self-absorbed or arrogant but to talk football. And talking about his regimen while in Cabo fits the bill.
Have anudda cheesesteak and buy yo self annuda gold chain!
If he's not contractually obligated to talk to the media (I don't know) then he can bounce on them like he's on a hot plate.
I would.
If he is... that is something else altogether.

Corso

Reaction score
That was an exercise in excessive sarcasm, faux cleverness and 7th-grade grossness.
How can someone read this drivel without throwing up?
How, I ask you?
Didn't Marshawn Lynch, a couple years ago, give some inane, two word answer for every question lobbed at him over and over for an entire season?
Something like "I just wanna win," to every single question.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Who cares what the media says! Saw nothing wrong with it.
It might surprise you that the word media is plural, thus, "what the media say."
A medium, such as TV or newspapers, is singular. Thus, "The medium of TV is too pedantic."
So, despite your education in Mississippi, get with the English-speaking world. Protect the English language, you uneducated ruffian.
Or, back to Bulgaria!

Corso

Reaction score
It might surprise you that the word media is plural, thus, "what the media say."
A medium, such as TV or newspapers, is singular. Thus, "The medium of TV is too pedantic."
So, despite your education in Mississippi, get with the English-speaking world. Protect the English language, you uneducated ruffian.
Or, back to Bulgaria!
I hear they make the best baklava...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If he's not contractually obligated to talk to the media (I don't know) then he can bounce on them like he's on a hot plate.
I would.
If he is... that is something else altogether.
Stop being nuanced and vague!
Forum members here are largely former remedial students!