Zeke vs. Dallas Media

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Media is circling the wagons over Zeke's audacity at refusing to answer questions over his break. Shan Sharif seems to be leading this charge.

Entitled, arrogant and completely unnecessary. The way Zeke handled today's joke of a presser shows why he thinks he can do whatever he wants, when he wants. He either received terrible PR advice or just doesn't get it. Full rant Thurs morning @1053thefan:

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Media is circling the wagons over Zeke's audacity at refusing to answer questions over his break. Shan Sharif seems to be leading this charge.

Entitled, arrogant and completely unnecessary. The way Zeke handled today's joke of a presser shows why he thinks he can do whatever he wants, when he wants. He either received terrible PR advice or just doesn't get it. Full rant Thurs morning @1053thefan:
Are you kidding? The dude is trying to move on and the media got butthurt he didnt want to talk about it. If anything, they're the ones being childish.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I wonder what Sharif’s Zoner handle is :muttley:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He is creating an adversarial relationship with people that buy ink by the barrel by doing what he did. He shot himself in the foot but he has the right to do it... consequences are coming. This unforced error will eventually bite him in the behind.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
you cant fight the media and win just another thing for them to harp at zeke over

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
What a stupid opinion to have, Shan Sharif.

"I'm not really going to talk about it. It's behind me," Elliott said of the suspension, via ESPN. "I'm just trying to start a new page, a new chapter. I just want to thank this Cowboys organization for being behind me.

"I'm thankful to my family, my team, my friends for supporting me through the time and especially the Cowboys fans who stuck by me through this tough time and have a lot of faith in me. But I'm not talking about it anymore. This is the last time you'll hear me speak about it. So please don't even ask me about it."

Seems fine to me.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
He is creating an adversarial relationship with people that buy ink by the barrel by doing what he did. He shot himself in the foot but he has the right to do it... consequences are coming. This unforced error will eventually bite him in the behind.
If they're relying on ink they've already lost. Sharif is a Skins fan anyway. He played HTTR after they beat Dallas once upon a time. His take here is a ridiculous case of projection.

Sepia

Reaction score
the guy literally said he wasnt gona talk about it and media asked like 3 questions about the same crap still.. its annoying.

They're kinda dumb at times. They think if they ask the same question slightly differently, they'll get the answer they want. That's when they are not asking obvious questions to which they already know the answers.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Zeke is wrong. We get our information from the media. Like 99% of them stood by him in his issues this year. All he had to do was give some simple answers and move on. He seems very childish and immature from what he did.

we fans get our info from beat reporters and tv reporters who are in the facility everyday I find it pretty crazy how everyone attacks these people everyday.

When stuff like this happens all the bloggers are who are a thousand miles away always take the players side because they have nothing invested they dont actually cover the team, they cover the team via the people actually getting up everyday and going to work and standing face to face with the players and coaches. They base all their info on this reporting then tell everyone they have insiders and sources etc.

anyway, thats my take on this. None of us know what happened with the zeke issue and he should be pretty damn happy to get to be there and stand and answer the beat reporters questions for 10 minutes. His situation could be much worse. He comes off as very immature.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
This is why I laugh when people say such and such athlete was a ****** when they met them. Thank people like this Bozo Sharif why your little son gets ignored asking for an autograph. Piece of trash

I dont like the fan and rarely listen to it outside of gamedays but Shaun Sharif has been on zeke's side since day one. He has always talked about his innocence and how he was getting a raw deal etc.

He is not a bozo or a piece of trash. In fact I almost guarantee you would agree with his opinion on zeke's suspension.

movaughn88

Reaction score
If anyone can name one thing that Shan Shariff has done to benefit the Dallas Cowboys I'll eat my hat. He sounds like a clown to me.

I can't stand when individuals in the media think they are owed something from players. Zeke is paid to run the football against the most elite athletes in the world, period. I fully support him walking away from that crowd of reporters after he had just politely asked them to not ask him about his time away.

Last edited: