Zeke vs Derrick Henry (Final Numbers)

Proof

Reaction score
"Most starting RBs would have put up similiar numbers or better if they had the same O line zeke has"

WoW...have we not learned that when we put someone else besides Emmit behind that vaunted OL?

WoW...have we not learned that when we put someone else besides DeMarco Murray behind that vaunted OL? Remember Joseph Randle...and he was going to be the replacement of DeMarco Murray at a fraction of the cost?

Zeke was used to be an extra OL to pick pick up the blitz and was the best at it. In addition to catching the ball out the backfield on 3rd down. In addition to running it on 1st and 2nd down. We beat him up and he is a shell of himself.

Joe Gibbs in is 2nd stint with the Commanders spent draft picks and a ton of money on Clinton Portis to try to replicate John Riggins. He was very good in the beginning. But he got beat up over time being miscast as John Riggins and became a shell of himself. Does not mean Portis was not a quality back...just means Gibbs...trying to replicate 80s football....much like Garrett trying to replicate 90s football....could not adjust to todays NFL

ehh. Remember Darren McFadden and Tony Pollard? Point is the large investment in zeke was supposed to produce over the top results when coupled with our formidable line. It hasn’t quite panned out that way and the resources could’ve been better served elsewhere. The production from another back would likely be comparable or at the very least cost/value relative

baltcowboy

Reaction score
So you think a player like Jaylon who celebrates a tackle, etc. while in the throes of a 6-10 season is better than a player who plays hard? And just how is Zeke a jerk? For holding out? You might recall Emmitt did also, the fact that Zeke recognized that his position has a short shelf life and got his money accordingly is bad? If it was so bad Jerry didn't have to pay it, your anger is directed at the wrong person...
Zeke personal life, off field crap and hold out makes him a jerk. Please don’t compare the Great Emmitt Smith with Zeke you lose all credibility. Zeke had two years left on his contract. Emmitt had no contract and was under team control. Most importantly he just led the Cowboys to a Super Bowl.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Zeke is a perfect example of why you

1. Never waste a premium pick on a RB
2. You never extend said running back to an insane contract.

Of course the issue with this organization is the front office who have failed miserably at talent evaluation and how to rationally price talent without crippling the organization.

The real appalling part of this is that the rest of the league to a large degree has realized this but hey we got the guy at GM who thinks he is smarter than everybody else.

Last edited:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Do you ever not have an excuse for zeke? How did Barkley manage to do so well his rookie year behind one of the worst lines in the league?

It’s literally an excuse for everything. Unless he has 5 ft wide holes, he gets some sort of excuse. Speaking of watching games, maybe you should try watching other teams play. Do you think Wayne Gallman had a lot of room to run? Somehow he managed 5.9 ypc yesterday but the overpaid diva barely got half that.

Has Wayne Gallman had multiple 1,300-plus yard seasons? Was the starting back in place of Barkley?

He averages 4.3 ypc for his 4 year career. And he didn't have a lot of room to run? The Dallas run defense is dead last in the league, just MAYBE that had something to do with that 5.9 ypc? How many backs this year have run for great yardage and averages against this defense?

Check out Antonio Gibson's stats. 128 and 115 yards rushing against Dallas this year. Not one other game over 100 yards, and 12 games with 65 or less yards. So how did Gallman get 5.9 ypc? Because he's so great? No, because the Dallas run defense is LAST IN THE LEAGUE...

aria

Reaction score
Non injury? So you know he didn't have a physical problem that prevented him from playing at top form, eh?

No, you don't know. If you do, please enlighten us....
I’m talking about him taking himself out of games because he’s clearly out of breath and it started way before yesterday so pre injury.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Zeke personal life, off field crap and hold out makes him a jerk

His holding out makes him a jerk to you, but not everybody. Check other posts here. And unless you're a personal friend of his or follow him around 24\7 you don't know if he has "off field crap". And "reports" aren't confirmed, if you think there aren't people that aren't just plain making stuff up to tarnish his reputation you're very naive.

Enjoy your hate, extremely unlikely Zeke is going anywhere soon...

aria

Reaction score
"Most starting RBs would have put up similiar numbers or better if they had the same O line zeke has"

WoW...have we not learned that when we put someone else besides Emmit behind that vaunted OL?

WoW...have we not learned that when we put someone else besides DeMarco Murray behind that vaunted OL? Remember Joseph Randle...and he was going to be the replacement of DeMarco Murray at a fraction of the cost?

Zeke was used to be an extra OL to pick pick up the blitz and was the best at it. In addition to catching the ball out the backfield on 3rd down. In addition to running it on 1st and 2nd down. We beat him up and he is a shell of himself.

Joe Gibbs in is 2nd stint with the Commanders spent draft picks and a ton of money on Clinton Portis to try to replicate John Riggins. He was very good in the beginning. But he got beat up over time being miscast as John Riggins and became a shell of himself. Does not mean Portis was not a quality back...just means Gibbs...trying to replicate 80s football....much like Garrett trying to replicate 90s football....could not adjust to todays NFL
Wow! You mean like when Morris had a better ypc average than zeke when zeke was suspended?

Wow! You mean like how Morris had a better ypc average then zeke when half of those games they didn’t have Tyron Smith?

Wow! You mean how a washed up McFadden still averaged 4.6 ypc in 2015 and had over 1K yards behind the same line zeke had his rookie year?

Wow! You mean the same reasoning that zeke’s panty sniffers used to use to defend him (his durability) is now being used as an excuse?

Wow! zeke wouldn’t have any of those rushing titles his supporters like to brag about if it weren’t for JG using him as much as he did. I thought that was supposed to be kne of zeke’s strengths? Apparently not, tubbs can’t handle the workload.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I’m talking about him taking himself out of games because he’s clearly out of breath and it started way before yesterday so pre injury.

He did have the Covid, as you recall, which causes breathing problems, that's well known.

The whole thing is you're assuming he's washed up, but that's unknown. Maybe he is, but I'm willing to give him next year to find out, you're not.
And considering there's zero evidence he'll be traded/released/benched, pretty sure we'll get the chance to find out....

aria

Reaction score
He did have the Covid, as you recall, which causes breathing problems, that's well known.

The whole thing is you're assuming he's washed up, but that's unknown. Maybe he is, but I'm willing to give him next year to find out, you're not.
And considering there's zero evidence he'll be traded/released/benched, pretty sure we'll get the chance to find out....
Lol, again, more excuses. You do recall how he was getting high and drinking while he was allegedly recovering from COVID, right? Do you realize how many other players have tested positive even recently and I haven’t seen nor heard of any of them taking themselves out of games. Yet lil baby zeke got COVID over 6-7 months ago and it’s now a valid excuse for why he can’t stay in for a few plays at a time.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Wow! You mean like when Morris had a better ypc average than zeke when zeke was suspended?

Wow! You mean like how Morris had a better ypc average then zeke when half of those games they didn’t have Tyron Smith?

Wow! You mean how a washed up McFadden still averaged 4.6 ypc in 2015 and had over 1K yards behind the same line zeke had his rookie year?

Wow! You mean the same reasoning that zeke’s panty sniffers used to use to defend him (his durability) is now being used as an excuse?

Wow! zeke wouldn’t have any of those rushing titles his supporters like to brag about if it weren’t for JG using him as much as he did. I thought that was supposed to be kne of zeke’s strengths? Apparently not, tubbs can’t handle the workload.
If you are going to compare Alfred Morris and Darren McFadden to Zeke...then this debate can't continue. I guess you also feel that there is not much difference between Dalton and Dak?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
His holding out makes him a jerk to you, but not everybody. Check other posts here. And unless you're a personal friend of his or follow him around 24\7 you don't know if he has "off field crap". And "reports" aren't confirmed, if you think there aren't people that aren't just plain making stuff up to tarnish his reputation you're very naive.

I don’t hate any football player they do nothing for me. I believe the team wasted money on a washed running back. You sound crazy man. It’s entertainment.

aria

Reaction score
If you are going to compare Alfred Morris and Darren McFadden to Zeke...then this debate can't continue. I guess you also feel that there is not much difference between Dalton and Dak?
I stated two simple facts and obviously you can’t handle facts so I guess this debate can’t continue.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wouldn't be surprised to see Zeke lose weight in the offseason to get some explosiveness back. Couple that with getting the OL healthy will certainly help. I will say that Pollard looked like the better back behind the same subpar OL play that Zeke had.

Hope he turns it around as it'd be nice to now have to take that huge cap hit and release him.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
One thing to consider also is that the Titans did not suffer the loss of their starting center and right tackle for the entire season, and the loss of their left tackle for all but 2 games. People say Zeke was only good because of the great o-line he had his first 4 years. If Henry's so good, why did he not have the monster year in 2018? I note the Titans' have 3 o-line starters that have between 9 and 11 years experience, that is a big help to any back...
I mean that's painfully obvious but it's also pointless to argue with people who have an agenda so ignore that part altogether.

Zeke was a lesser back to Henry this year.
But it was also the only time in their 5 years careers Henry has had more touches than Zeke and he did so by 100.
Ignoring Zeke altogether it will be interesting to see how Henry handles the extra wear and tear of all these touches/carries.

And for Zeke, ignoring Henry, it will interesting to see if the lighter load helps him bounce back. --goes without saying I think that a better OL will help immensely

aria

Reaction score

Bwahahahahahaha...so the video of him confronting the security guard was just a doppelgänger? I guess it was the same impersonator that pulled up the girls shirt in public? I guess his dad really didn’t say he was worried about zeke’s maturity and Bosa never moved out because of zeke’s partying. It was probably just another made up story that he knocked out a DJ out despite myself knowing someone who works closely with the club where it happened and witnessed it. The other DJ he tried to assault in Vegas and had to be held back by teammates was fake news. It also really wasn’t him that shafted promoters and fans by agreeing to sign free merchandise only to then force them to buy his merchandise at an event before signing it.

Talking about naive, I feel sorry for people as gullible as you, no offense. You have my sympathy.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I stated two simple facts and obviously you can’t handle facts so I guess this debate can’t continue.
Facts?! You compared YPC between Alfred Morris and Zeke. Have you ever played football? Have you ever played sports? I have....BOTH...and comparing Alfred Morris to Zeke is COMICAL!!!!!! Zeke beat the vaunted Alabama Crimson Tide to win the national championship in college. Zeke was a NFL rushing champ his first couple of years in the NFL. Is he who he was? No! But neither are ANY of the OL save MAYBE Martin. And no one is dumping on them like they are dumping on Zeke. Our vaunted OL and run game is over. The gig is up. So if you want to lay that solely at the feet of Zeke...then you don't understand football.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see Zeke lose weight in the offseason to get some explosiveness back. Couple that with getting the OL healthy will certainly help. I will say that Pollard looked like the better back behind the same subpar OL play that Zeke had.

Hope he turns it around as it'd be nice to now have to take that huge cap hit and release him.
TP did not look like the better back.
Zeke looked slow and worn down at times for sure but there really is no comparison as Zeke is a far better back in every facet of the game minus open field running which occurs only every 10th play at most.

TP gets tackles far too easily.
After getting the start his final two games were 14 carries for 27 yards.
Same period Zeke had 33 carries for 147 yards.
Furthermore TP's kick off returns and pass blocking swan dived those final two games as well.

Dallas would be wise to use a mid-late pick on a 3rd RB.

Zeke is going to be released eventually (2023 likely) and TP doesn't look like a starter in this league.
But you can go get a guy with fresh legs and a healthy body to start getting some carries and fill in the rotation.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
so the video of him confronting the security guard was just a doppelgänger?

The security guard instigated the "confrontation", that was pretty plain to most people. Again if you think there aren't security guards who have a "big man" complex, who want to make a name for themselves by "taking on" an NFL football player, you're again very naive...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
TP did not look like the better back.
Zeke looked slow and worn down at times for sure but there really is no comparison as Zeke is a far better back in every facet of the game minus open field running which occurs only every 10th play at most.

TP gets tackles far too easily.
After getting the start his final two games were 14 carries for 27 yards.
Same period Zeke had 33 carries for 147 yards.
Furthermore TP's kick off returns and pass blocking swan dived those final two games as well.

Dallas would be wise to use a mid-late pick on a 3rd RB.

Zeke is going to be released eventually (2023 likely) and TP doesn't look like a starter in this league.
But you can go get a guy with fresh legs and a healthy body to start getting some carries and fill in the rotation.

Yes, and especially if you consider that great NFL running backs according to some here are "a dime a dozen".:grin: