Zeke vs Kamara - Total Yards

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Met up with a friend that is a Saints fan last night. He wanted to bet on the game straight up which I refused. To make it interesting I suggested a bet on the most rushing yards between Zeke and Kamara. He countered with total yards because of Ingram. Which I did accept.

My questions is who do you think will have the most total yards Zeke or Kamara?

Total rushing yards is not overly important to winning (the game, not your bet).

Situational rushing and the "threat" of a quality running game are more important.

Zeke's receiving has become a critical asset also.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Kamara is the 2nd most explosive skill position player in the league after Hill in Kansas City. He can score from anywhere on the field. Run or pass.

Good luck.

Verdict

Reaction score
That works both ways as well. Part of the reason they are 31st vs the pass is that every team has to pass on them to catch up.

My guess is, is that they arent really #1 vs run and they arent really #31 vs pass. They'd be somewhere in the middle for both.

They arent a HORRIBLE defense, but they aren't earth shattering either.

I think we are saying the same thing.

Verdict

Reaction score
Zeke and Smith VS Kamara and Ingram Saints win..think about it they have a running game, if we try and make this ugly they can do us easily..this isn't KC or Rams some are getting confused they can play Run clock control safe ball and when needed Brees can step up and win it late with a game winning drive with scores under 30..they can play some D, have line, better coaching..

dont get this twisted, the Saints are the best team going now because they can play wide open or low scoring with run game etc..

if this starts fast and they get up 10 points or more, they will be fine with running and punting and winning this in low scoring fashion. they arent greedy like say Mcvay for nearly blowing that KC matchup with the constant throwing late and gave the ball back to Mahomes, he lucked out his D stood up, but they have Gurley and didnt use him to simply run the clock out or use more clock throughout the game. Mcvay was way to pass happy all game and gets caught up in that.. Payton will be smart and can play whatever game you choose..

Its why I think the Saints are the best right now over rams or KC..

If the Saints try to play ground and pound blow for blow against us they will lose this game by 10. They won't do that. They will pass the ball a lot and try to do what they have done all season, which is get a team in a track meet. If that happens the advantage probably swings to the Saints.

If we get an early lead on the Saints it could be a long day for the Saints.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kamara was averaging 150 yards per game before Ingram came back. Since then, he averages 88 yards per game.
Zeke averages 130 yards per game. I don't know if you'll win, but you're on the right side of the bet.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
That works both ways as well. Part of the reason they are 31st vs the pass is that every team has to pass on them to catch up.

My guess is, is that they arent really #1 vs run and they arent really #31 vs pass. They'd be somewhere in the middle for both.

They arent a HORRIBLE defense, but they aren't earth shattering either.

Yeah, and a lot of those pass yards probably come against prevent defenses as the Saints have huge leads.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Kamara was averaging 150 yards per game before Ingram came back. Since then, he averages 88 yards per game.
Zeke averages 130 yards per game. I don't know if you'll win, but you're on the right side of the bet.

In rushing yards, not total yards...Kamara is just as big of a beast in the passing game even though he lost some carries to Ingram.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
The only stat that matters is the scoreboard. If Zeke outgains Kamara and we still lose, who cares?
Met up with a friend that is a Saints fan last night. He wanted to bet on the game straight up which I refused. To make it interesting I suggested a bet on the most rushing yards between Zeke and Kamara. He countered with total yards because of Ingram. Which I did accept.

My questions is who do you think will have the most total yards Zeke or Kamara?

Who knows...but it is a much better bet than just the game, straight up. Zeke total yards this season=1437 Kamara=1225 Good luck.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:( My bad...I thought 88 yards looked low and you were quoting rushing yards.
I was pretty surprised myself.

But you did it all wrong. You're never supposed to admit you were mistaken on here. You need to pivot to some nonsensical and only vaguely related argument like "Your numbers are garbage because Kamara runs deeper pass routes than Zeke!"

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I think Zeke is a good bet. My one concern with the bet is if the Saints get ahead, as they likely will, it could mean the Cowboys have to throw more than usual to keep up. Obviously Zeke could still benefit from catching a few balls, but to win the bet he may need a good rushing day as well.

On Kamara's side, a lot will depend on how the Saints split duties between he and Ingram.
Im expecting a lead by the Saints but I don't think we are going to give up on the run until the 4th. I'm considering our new blocking scheme (which is really our old scheme) that Zeke Flourishes in to produce some explosive plays.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If the Saints try to play ground and pound blow for blow against us they will lose this game by 10. They won't do that. They will pass the ball a lot and try to do what they have done all season, which is get a team in a track meet. If that happens the advantage probably swings to the Saints.

If we get an early lead on the Saints it could be a long day for the Saints.
Rushing offenses

Dallas__134.5 ypg___(6th)
New Orleans__133.1 ypg__(7th)

The run it really well.
But, on top of running it, unlike us, they also throw it well.

The difference between them scoring a whopping 37 ppg and us scoring a measly 21 ppg is passing.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
As a fantasy football nut I will say this. If byron shuts down Thomas, the rest of the saints WR's struggle, and both Kamara and Ingram struggle to run streight up, then brees as always may turn to Kamara in the passing game which could pad his stats.

If Zeke struggles then dak may pass more. Thing is he may not have to pass much to Zeke because the saints actually have one of the more generous secondarys in the league which means dak could lean on the wideouts more.

It could easily end up like this:

Zeke 20car 75yards 2catch 15

Kamara 12car 45yards 7catch 50-70ish etc

Just looking at possible game script of both teams.
If Zeke gets to 20 carries he will have 120 at least.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Zeke gets to 20 carries he will have 120 at least.
Why do you say that? Zeke has averaged 6 yards per carry only three times this season. And NO is somewhere between the 1st and 3rd best run defense in the league, depending on how you choose to measure it.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
I was pretty surprised myself.

But you did it all wrong. You're never supposed to admit you were mistaken on here. You need to pivot to some nonsensical and only vaguely related argument like "Your numbers are garbage because Kamara runs deeper pass routes than Zeke!"

LOL, you gotta own it when it doesnt happen often. ;)

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Rushing offenses

Dallas__134.5 ypg___(6th)
New Orleans__133.1 ypg__(7th)

The run it really well.
But, on top of running it, unlike us, they also throw it well.

The difference between them scoring a whopping 37 ppg and us scoring a measly 21 ppg is passing.
Another difference is scoring defense. Cowboys are 3 and the Saints are 15 the last time I looked. This was also something that I looked at when I was making my bet. Matchups mean a lot

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Why do you say that? Zeke has averaged 6 yards per carry only three times this season. And NO is somewhere between the 1st and 3rd best run defense in the league, depending on how you choose to measure it.
Saints are 1 in run defense but that is inflated because of they are typically so far ahead that teams are forced to throw against their terrible secondary. If Zeke gets 20 carries then that means we are controlling the clock and running exceptionally well.