Zeke vs Kamara - Total Yards

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saints are 1 in run defense but that is inflated because of they are typically so far ahead that teams are forced to throw against their terrible secondary. If Zeke gets 20 carries then that means we are controlling the clock and running exceptionally well.
Yes, total rushing yards against is a bad way to measure a rush defense. But they're also in the top three in yards per carry and by Football Outsiders' DVOA metric. They're fourth best in yards per carry (3.83) in the first half of games. Their run defense is legit.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Another difference is scoring defense. Cowboys are 3 and the Saints are 15 the last time I looked. This was also something that I looked at when I was making my bet. Matchups mean a lot
Yeah...you can usually narrow it down some by using scoring differential.

Dallas is +21 (about 2 ppg)
New Orleans is + 153 (about 14 ppg)...but it tightens up a bit vs the better Ds, as you would expect

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Yes, total rushing yards against is a bad way to measure a rush defense. But they're also in the top three in yards per carry and by Football Outsiders' DVOA metric. They're fourth best in yards per carry (3.83) in the first half of games. Their run defense is legit.
I disagree. RBs are getting so few carries they can't get into a rythm. The Saints have not given up 70 yards to any RB in the NFL this season. They are built to play from ahead.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im expecting a lead by the Saints but I don't think we are going to give up on the run until the 4th. I'm considering our new blocking scheme (which is really our old scheme) that Zeke Flourishes in to produce some explosive plays.

It really depends on how much of a lead the Saints get. If it's a small lead the team will likely still use the run heavily and try and control the tempo of the game, but if it's a large lead they will have no choice but to throw.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Kamara sounds like the name of a monster from the Godzilla movies.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
If they stop Zeke early , this will be an embarrassment for Garrett .

Post game speech by Garrett : "we didn't execute." meaning PLAYERS DIDNT EXECUTE .

Post game speech by Jerrah : "Dak has no number 1...(insert position here) .... ie. TE "

And thats the end of that ... 5 year extension for Garrett , probably .

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Today I learned that there is actually someone that frequents this place has a friend. My make believe friend Todd totally agrees with me on this.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If the Saints try to play ground and pound blow for blow against us they will lose this game by 10. They won't do that. They will pass the ball a lot and try to do what they have done all season, which is get a team in a track meet. If that happens the advantage probably swings to the Saints.

If we get an early lead on the Saints it could be a long day for the Saints.

I disagree you didnt read into that post far enough, they can run close to our level but when they need to throw and can do that much better then us especially on third down where our defense is the weakest, they will move it at will and still win a game under 30 scored..they are strong in more departments then us..its obvious..

droopdog7

Reaction score
I think it's a pretty good bet for the OP. It's also a pretty good barometer for the game. If Kamara outgains Zeke, then we're probably in a heap of trouble.

Verdict

Reaction score
I disagree you didnt read into that post far enough, they can run close to our level but when they need to throw and can do that much better then us especially on third down where our defense is the weakest, they will move it at will and still win a game under 30 scored..they are strong in more departments then us..its obvious..

We will see. They have played well. They have also lost to the Bucs. So there is that.

Verdict

Reaction score
Rushing offenses

Dallas__134.5 ypg___(6th)
New Orleans__133.1 ypg__(7th)

The run it really well.
But, on top of running it, unlike us, they also throw it well.

The difference between them scoring a whopping 37 ppg and us scoring a measly 21 ppg is passing.

We will see. I think it's going to be a good game and I think we will win it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We will see. They have played well. They have also lost to the Bucs. So there is that.
lol game 1 of the season, then 10 in a row..Bucs actually have one of the top offenses in Yards, big plays, etc in the league, its been under the Radar due to the record but they can score..i just want highly competitive game , we play our best and hope to win or not be blown out.. dont want the whoopin they put on the eagles..

ItzKelz

Reaction score
X
23 carries, 76 yards.
We won!!!!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
X

We won!!!!!
bro lots of us were wrong, no one predicted low scoring brawl by both defenses but it was close game that the saints Defense did match ours and 13-10 was an ugly game that they did hang in with.. Man zeke had to work hard for 79 yards on the ground, they were as advertised, he did get his all purpose over 100 with the 60 receiving which keeps him in the lead

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
And I'm $100 richer than I was before the game. Zeke > Kamara

Just came across the Zeke>Ingram/Kamara stat and promptly went 5 pages deep to find this post.

Congrats you magnificent so-and-so!