Zeke was right to hold out

blueblood70

Reaction score

yes all of them will have THIER Hands out when contract time comes up.. its part of the system..

Elliot had great 3 years in row, period end of story, they tried to stick and unfair tag on him and use him up and throw him away.. he got paid and others who got paid around the same time IE Bell, Gurley, Johnson, and others.. Zekes outperforming them? the one year wonders above him will get paid when they are due/.. Cook has less leverage because guess what he was hurt his first 2 years , now what hes doing well one season and hes a savior..F no hes not ...Prove it over 3-4 years not getting hurt and staying on top, BTW Cook had 3.8YPC sunday against our bad defense, he was more of pass threat, not Zekes fault Moore and garett dont know how to Use Zeke and Pollard as pass threats..Zekes done that so far and all those jumping on him because he got paid is sad state of affairs as DC fans as Zekes a home grown drafted player that has already proven himself here..hes plays for us , real fans cheer their players on , not every chance they get to rip them apart..

Get real people those backs will also get paid and also regress some as they get the miles put on them.Last season it was supposed to be Tereke(chi), Kamara, and that kid from Denver were better..

where are they now?each year it will change the backs who can PROVE it over a long time and be able co back those are the keepers..Zeke will be fine..Zeke is having a down year but will most likely get 1300 yards and 10tds on the ground.. so horrible..lmao

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I'm old enough to remember him running over Malcolm Jenkins 3 weeks ago.

RBs tend to wilt rather quickly, that rookie year was close to 400 touches? He was great in blitz pickup the other night.
Were ungrateful. We could have the guy people said was better than him in todd gurley. Or the all of a sudden injured barkley

cern

Reaction score
The holdout was a very smart financial move. I'll reserve judgment on anything else. I am convinced he wants to be the best.

John813

Reaction score
The line hasn’t been as strong as years passed, Kellen is running a much more pass oriented attack now, and Zeke’s backup is eating up a lot of his opportunities that didn’t happen before:

he’s still the best RB in the national football league, even if this isn’t his best year

Outside of the three blowouts,Giants, Miami and Philly, Pollard has yet to get over 4 carries a game.

Against the Vikings, he got 3 offensive snaps and 1 carry.
New Orleans he got 2 snaps. Green Bay he got 5 snaps, Jets he got 7 snaps.

The only time he's gotten double digit snaps were in blowouts or when the game was clearly in hand.

13 carries vs NYG the first go around, which made sense due to Zeke just coming back
13 carries vs Mia when the game was over
8 carries vs Philly

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
He’s incapable of breaking tackles now. When did that start - the second after he signed his contract!

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
There are far worse players on this team than zeke. But, he was not worth that contract. Not even close. And it was obvious he was in decline last year. Yes, they took advantage of him his first 3 years, running him into the ground on a relatively cheap rookie deal, but they had all the leverage this off season yet caved to his demands anyway. It's the kind of bad decision that bad organizations make. Not surprising, at all.

erod

Reaction score
Whoever encouraged him to bulk up like he has should be gone.

That would be Tom Budweiser.

We were told he leaned up in Cabo. Not true.

He'll be Jerome Bettis soon, but only in body type.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Outside of the three blowouts,Giants, Miami and Philly, Pollard has yet to get over 4 carries a game.

The only time he's gotten double digit snaps were in blowouts or when the game was clearly in hand.

13 carries vs NYG the first go around, which made sense due to Zeke just coming back
8 carries vs Philly
Pollard is getting less reps than Smith did the last 2 years. It's head-scratching.

stuckindc

Reaction score

8 carries vs Philly
Ya..I was gonna say the same thing...Pollard hasn't gotten enough touches.. He can break the long ones people are looking for.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
The line hasn’t been as strong as years passed, Kellen is running a much more pass oriented attack now, and Zeke’s backup is eating up a lot of his opportunities that didn’t happen before:

he’s still the best RB in the national football league, even if this isn’t his best year

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Look. I'm not a Zeke basher, but this is hilarious. He's not better than Aaron Jones, Chubb, CMAC, Carson, Ingram, Jacobs, Kamara, Dalvin Cook, or even Saquon right now. He's fallen off a cliff, but not to the point where he can't be dependable. Still though, I am beginning to side eye that contract even though I was for it....

John813

Reaction score
Pollard is getting less reps than Smith did the last 2 years. It's head-scratching.

Pollard has more carries than Smith, already, but when looking at the games where he got his chunk carries were already in hand.
34 carries in 3 games, and then 15 carries in the 6 other games.

But also, Rod Smith was playing poorly last year compared to 2017 where he was a bit more effective as a backup

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sunday night's game showed exactly why ANY player on the Dallas Cowboys should use any leverage they have to force the Joneses to pay them.
Ezekiel Elliott knew that he might struggle at times, and the history of the Cowboys under Garrett shows that, more often than not, the Cowboys will tank and someone will have to take the blame.
Garrett isn't about to, and Elliott replaced DeMarco Murray, who had been a league leading rusher since coming to the Cowboys and playing out his rookie contract.
So now it's easy to discount how good Elliott is because so many fans don't understand the complexities of a run game and blocking schemes, and the Cowboys desire to be a pass happy team is obvious.
Elliott is a star. He plays like one.
But even he can't overcome the perennial mediocrity that the Cowboys have repeatedly proven to suffer under the Garrett/Jones "Let's try this" philosophy.
The Cowboys have won the division 2 of the last 3 years, and 3 of the last 5, and you are claiming that they routinely tank the season?

leeblair

Reaction score
The Cowboys have won the division 2 of the last 3 years, and 3 of the last 5, and you are claiming that they routinely tank the season?
Yep. They have won the weakest division in the NFL EVERY OTHER YEAR.
In between times, they are a perennial 8-8 team, at best.
The Commanders clinched the division with 7 wins in 2015.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score

Zeke has 178 carries.

Pollard has 49 carries.

Pollard isn't taking much away from Zeke.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
LOL

He's barely broken a tackle this year, and he's now about as quick as a fullback.

He's woefully inferior to McCaffrey, Cook, and other guys.

I think he's gone after two more seasons, and I'm somebody who has stated multiple times that he's the heart of this team.

Perhaps he is. And that doesn't speak well of the heart of this team.
Woefully inferior is a yuuuuge misjudgment. That he is not. I get what you’re saying. The entire damn team in various stages has played horrible. Zeke is a violent player who gives his all on every down. I know, I’ll get stats and called a homer by many, but one thing I do know, Zeke is a player, and will always be one of my favorites for the way he plays on the field. The players love his fortitude and tenacity as well. But when our supposed bad a** O-line can’t block worth a crap, Zeke is rendered helpless. And a lot of that has to do with our scheme. We don’t use the traditional FB anymore to help. It’s all on Zeke in this scheme. And we’re not playing well up front.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
LOL

He's barely broken a tackle this year, and he's now about as quick as a fullback.

He's woefully inferior to McCaffrey, Cook, and other guys.

I think he's gone after two more seasons, and I'm somebody who has stated multiple times that he's the heart of this team.

Perhaps he is. And that doesn't speak well of the heart of this team.

I remember the good times. The good old days.

Like 2 minutes ago, when I didn’t know this stupid *** post existed.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
“Oh no, he’s only on pace for 1,400 yards!!! With Prescott passing more and having the best year of his career so far (ignore that part)!!!”

-People on this forum, panicking about something that should absolutely not be panicked about.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. They have won the weakest division in the NFL EVERY OTHER YEAR.
In between times, they are a perennial 8-8 team, at best.
The Commanders clinched the division with 7 wins in 2015.

So your argument is that when the division is weak, winning the division is the same as tanking the season? lol - think about that and understand how that doesn't make one bit of sense. No definition of "tanking the season" includes winning the division. By your definition, the Patriots "tank" every season, because they always play in the worst division.

By the way, the Commanders had 9 wins that year, not 7. And that is one year out of the last 5. As for the other 4 years, in 2014 the Cowboys won he division, and the Eagles had a 10 win season. In 2016 3 of the 4 division teams had a winning record, and the 2nd place Giants had 11 wins. In 2017 the Eagles won the Super Bowl. In 2018 the Eagles were the defending Super Bowl champs, and both the Eagles and Cowboys made the playoffs. Accordingly, aside from the fact your argument didn't make sense to begin with, it wasn't even based on an accurate premise.

There is no "in between times" where they were 8-8 at best. They had a horrible 2015, but otherwise have been above .500 each of the last 5 years, and have won the division 3 times.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
He wants to be paid as a #1 back, he should be at least top 1-3 in stats in his category.