News: Zeke: "We want OBJ"

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I know it's another OBJ thread but it's also another player recruiting.

BTW......Dak's been quiet

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/09/ezekiel-elliott-we-want-obj/

Ezekiel Elliott: “We want OBJ”
Posted by Mike Florio on November 9, 2022, 4:46 PM EST

It’s happening.

As receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. closes in on being cleared to play, the Cowboys are expressing interest in him. Specifically, Cowboys players have begun expressing interest in Beckham.

plymkr

Reaction score
You're right. Dak has been quiet. Interesting. On another note I wish all of our players were being quiet and following Dak's lead. The more the players talk about wanting OBJ the more leverage OBJ gets. Jerry has not displayed a good history when players have leverage.

slick325

Reaction score
Prescott is so politically correct that there is no way he will say much. He says something and then it looks like Aaron Rodgers, don't really like the guys you throw to. Say nothing and it "speaks volumes", he must not want him.

Think it's the former and not the latter Hawk and Plymkr.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I know it's another OBJ thread but it's also another player recruiting.

BTW......Dak's been quiet

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/09/ezekiel-elliott-we-want-obj/

Ezekiel Elliott: “We want OBJ”
Posted by Mike Florio on November 9, 2022, 4:46 PM EST

It’s happening.

As receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. closes in on being cleared to play, the Cowboys are expressing interest in him. Specifically, Cowboys players have begun expressing interest in Beckham.
The only reason they want OBJ is because if they fail to get into the playoffs or end up one and done, they can use OBJ as their out card!

CWR

Reaction score
You're right. Dak has been quiet. Interesting. On another note I wish all of our players were being quiet and following Dak's lead. The more the players talk about wanting OBJ the more leverage OBJ gets. Jerry has not displayed a good history when players have leverage.

It looks like OBJ got 1.25 million and another 3 million in incentives. The incentives were team based on the playoffs and superbowl.

I wouldn't expect to break the bank, although I've heard no speculation of what his going rate should be?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Zeke, Parsons on Interest in OBJ: 'We Want Him'
Nov 09, 2022 at 04:00 PM

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/...hTbC2Qqm08Ersvq9Ciw2nnz9rCzkAUcW-PC4Z-sM_KFLI

With franchise players now weighing in on the subject, it's rather clear any supposed issues in the locker room would also not be a thing at all, as both Ezekiel Elliott and Micah Parsons made their feelings public after the first practice in preparation for the Green Bay Packers.

And only one day after Parsons began actively recruiting Beckham on Twitter.

"Sh-t, we could use him," said Parsons on Wednesday. "I think he's a great player. He's a guy that you want on the team. Beside all of that critic stuff that people make up and sh-t about him, I think he's a great dude.

"… I think he can add real value to the team and help us do what we wanna do."

Beckham has made it clear he wants to go somewhere where winning is a thing in 2022.

"I'm just [trying to win], where I go," he told Parsons, via Twitter.

To that, Parsons has only one thing to say.

"If the guy is on the market and he's talking about he wants to win games then, sh-t, me too," said the reigning NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. "I wanna win games just as bad as you do. If you wanna win games, come and win games over here. Help us get to that Bowl."

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

OH PLEASE HE WANTS HIM TOO HE JUST DOESN'T WASN'T TO OFFEND CEEDEE AND THEM

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Enjoy the ride.
Every year baby.
I love watching football and I love watching the Cowboys.
The End result is what it is, but for over the 4 months of the regular season I get to watch it and I'm so glad they are winning more than they are losing.

Then the Playoffs happen and I will be glad that they should make it, barring unforeseen events so that I can watch more football with my favorite team involed.

Hopefully a lot more football with my favorite team involved.

Fingers crossed.