Zeke: week to week

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why does Zeke look so much more explosive and quick some games compared to others? Against the Eagles he was quick, decisive, fast and powerful. First time all year.

Don’t tell me it was just the oline, I watch the games.

And don’t tell me it was just Cabo, because it’s been a pattern every year.

what gives? Does he loaf some games? Why do his legs look so much fresher sometimes?

Zeke and the team need to have their backs against the wall before you see maximum effort. Zeke and the rest of the team played angry last night. It took three straight losses and a lot of criticism to finally wake up the entire team. We saw the same thing last season when we were 3-5. Once we looked like we were headed in the toilet after losing to an average Tennessee team we took off. The Pats are showing tonight why they continue to win championships. They show up every week and never play down to their opponents. They’re doing to the Jets what we should’ve done last week if we showed up ready to play.

We allowed Sam Darnold who had been quarantined from his team for three weeks with mono to have a career game against us. I have a strong feeling that Jets loss will come back to haunt us. The Jets will be lucky to win two more games this season. It will be interesting to see if the Cowboys and Zeke show up ready to play against the Giants in two weeks. Even after last nights great performance I’m not sold on the Cowboys. Last night was the first time all season we looked totally prepared to play.

dfense

Reaction score
Obviously it was Chris Sims on the pregame saying Zeke needed to step it up. :)

aria

Reaction score
Why does Zeke look so much more explosive and quick some games compared to others? Against the Eagles he was quick, decisive, fast and powerful. First time all year.

what gives? Does he loaf some games? Why do his legs look so much fresher sometimes?
Did you see the room he had to run? Most RB’s would have looked good. Dak got almost 10 yards on a QB sneak for christ sake.

How about you talk about how the O line looked so much better?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

But it is the line. He was running well for the first 3 games and then the tackles started getting injured and presto chango he wasn't even getting any room to even make any cuts to pick a hole because the defense was always stuffing everything on the make shift line.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Aside from effort issues,he missed camp. I don’t give a flying weenie dohickle who you are....you need that to get ready for season,playing with your team. He’s not just any player ...he’s the best power RB there is. It takes a toll on your body running way ge does. People ask why he comes out so often...his legs will cramp from strain. He’s using lot of leg force we don’t see. He ran track he knows when cool it down a sec. That being said...he’s actually been in good form last couple games. His sweeps are smooth and quick. Keeps hitting these 10-12 yard plays up sideline run or catch...he’s going to have a big one soon. That run on Jenkins was not any play....that was a sending the league a message play.

links18

Reaction score
Zeke looks better when the down field passing game is a threat.

slick325

Reaction score
I think he paces himself early in the season. He knows what his workload will be and has been and tries to be as fresh as possible by the end of the season.

This season's issue could be attributed to him just getting his football legs since he missed the offseason. I just hope he stays healthy and the team does as well.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah if you look carefully at the video showing Jerry on bourbon street you can see Zeke in the background on the balcony pulling down some creole chick’s halter top. Hey I don’t blame him. I’d be right there w him.

C'mon, lol.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I think it starts up front, OL played a great game even Connor Williams had some excellent blocks in the game opening up running lanes. Several plays OL was getting to the 2nd level and making blocks. You do that Zeke will pick up some yards and will drive tacklers back to gain additional yards.

aikemirv

Reaction score

It's the Oline - that's it. It's the difference between getting a push and getting pushed back - it is easy to see!

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

The entire team Almost only gets up for certain games...

blueblood70

Reaction score

OLINE it makes his hesitant when half the DL is in the backfield at the snap and no way to make a move in space thats not there and sometimes those games start that way he never gets going..

the online has been very inconsistent in the run blocking and its effected the holes/space etc..

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I said it to my side during the game after the first or second touch. “He looks faster, quicker, more explosive”

She rolled her eyes per usual so I know I was right.

blueblood70

Reaction score
he looked much quicker from the first snap yesterday ...nothing to do with in-game volume. Agree on slow starts. Can’t that be figured out with a change in workout regimen? Waiting 3-6 games for your star RB to be at full capability seems pretty silly and a waste of money.
IMO he started the GB just like that, factors like getting down 21-0 might have changes the rest of that game for the RBs.. think? the Saints game they flat ot lived in our backfield, he could never get going..The jets game their best part of the team was front 7 and they made us work for every running yard, issue is Dak and the passing game didnt take advantage and then again down by 18..
also I bet you the first 3 games against those cream puff defenses the cowboys decided to go all pass happy, Zeke could have put up 180 in those games easy.. so this is all blown out of proportion..

its perspective I could see he reasons in each game and it was different and those holding every carry against his contract is what the true issue is.. hes fine..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The O line played better and the backs ran harder. Elliott was running possesed.

aikemirv

Reaction score
IMO he started the GB just like that, factors like getting down 21-0 might have changes the rest of that game for the RBs.. think? the Saints game they flat ot lived in our backfield, he could never get going..The jets game their best part of the team was front 7 and they made us work for every running yard, issue is Dak and the passing game didnt take advantage and then again down by 18..
also I bet you the first 3 games against those cream puff defenses the cowboys decided to go all pass happy, Zeke could have put up 180 in those games easy.. so this is all blown out of proportion..

its perspective I could see he reasons in each game and it was different and those holding every carry against his contract is what the true issue is.. hes fine..
Absolutely on the first 3 games. He would have also ran all over Green Bay!

glimmerman

Reaction score
They knew they had to win this game. A healthy team playing focused. They get up for big games. And if they lose and JG gets fired then the country club could be over. Lol.

JayFord

Reaction score
Zeke has grown into a bulldozer who only uses speed when it’s absolutely needed

might not be a style people like but he wants to be a constant 4 yard per carry guy