Zeke: week to week

75boyz

Reaction score
Why does Zeke look so much more explosive and quick some games compared to others? Against the Eagles he was quick, decisive, fast and powerful. First time all year.

Don’t tell me it was just the oline, I watch the games.

And don’t tell me it was just Cabo, because it’s been a pattern every year.

what gives? Does he loaf some games? Why do his legs look so much fresher sometimes?

Watched the exact same thing as you my friend and my mind offered up all these exact same questions

His quick twitch quickness and burst were back as well as his explosiveness

His second gear speed returned and he was decisive

patient to the point of patience being a plus and not a minus as he can be too patient at times instead of exploding through creases

To close, I have no idea where this 2016 version of Zeke came from but the Cowboys are a very very tough out when Zeke plays at that level showed on Sunday night

Does he always play “that” way?

Nope, nice post. Totally agree.

davidariust24

Reaction score
Why does Zeke look so much more explosive and quick some games compared to others? Against the Eagles he was quick, decisive, fast and powerful. First time all year.

what gives? Does he loaf some games? Why do his legs look so much fresher sometimes?
You can be different game to game because of small injuries or just lack of rest. The first couple of games of the season he was just coming back from a hold out and he had to get his football speed back. i think he is fully back now in my opinion

Thomas82

Reaction score
You can be different game to game because of small injuries or just lack of rest. The first couple of games of the season he was just coming back from a hold out and he had to get his football speed back. i think he is fully back now in my opinion

Right on!! I'm expecting to see this Zeke more often from here on out.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
If you’re gonna make a thread and call out Zeke, you better call the whole team out.

Make a thread asking why the whole time played with a fire lit up theirs arse. Wasn’t just Zeke that’s week to week.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He wasn't in training camp. I don't care how much you work out on your own, nothing compares to training camp and taking live hits. I think his body is rounding into shape.

The blessing and curse of the Cowboys is this … we have the team to compete for a Super Bowl. We have the scheme with a big offensive line, a workhorse running back, a No. 1 receiver and a quarterback who can be efficient with the proper time AND a quarterback who will stop trying to morph exclusively into a pocket passer and use his feet more often. He has the body to sustain hits (which we don't want him to do with regularity), so he needs to work his running ability into the offense more.

The only question (in my mind) is coaching, which includes preparation. Other teams are prepare for us. We don't always seem to be prepared for other teams (the Jets, case in point). But talent-wise, I still think we are a team that can contend if we remember who we are and play according to our talents and abilities.

CB61

Reaction score

Well even though he didn't play in preseason games in Prior years he wasn't at Camp he didn't have live contact so I'm not sure if this is it but let's hope he's up to speed now I think a lot of it has to do with the injuries on the offensive line 2 time will tell

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Zeke has been fine and one of the least of our worries. I don't even know why there is a 3 page argument on this. He literally plowed through a defender last game and looked really good the other day.

fansince68

Reaction score

He was more explosive this game for 3 reasons. 1. He wore smaller thigh pads. Look at Zeke in previous games and he looks bulkier than in the Eagles game. 2. He did less "read and wait for the holes to develop", when Zeke was a rookie, he would get the ball, make his cut and accelerate through the hole. 3. He is rounding into game shape after having a summer without contact.

75boyz

Reaction score
He was more explosive this game for 3 reasons. 1. He wore smaller thigh pads. Look at Zeke in previous games and he looks bulkier than in the Eagles game. 2. He did less "read and wait for the holes to develop", when Zeke was a rookie, he would get the ball, make his cut and accelerate through the hole. 3. He is rounding into game shape after having a summer without contact.

Wasn’t aware of your number one but he definitely looked more streamline and less bulky. My response was similar to yours in your #2 observation. Your #3 makes sense as well. Nice post.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Running lanes and getting him in space helped a lot this week.
It really helped that he was actually bursting through the LOS. Philly stacked the box more times than any other team we faced this year except Washington in week 2, and he was very effective doing so. I've wondered where that Zeke has been.