Zeke will face 9 man boxes. This game is on Dak

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by Wood, Jan 3, 2019.

1. DeathMonkey

DeathMonkey Well-Known Member

3,739 Messages
    6,210 Likes Received
    Cooper has disappeared because teams are rightfully scared of him and double covering him.

America's Cowboy likes this.
  2. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

24,218 Messages
    17,746 Likes Received
    I would worry a hell of a lot more about their pick plays on offense. Seattle is notorious around the league for using picks to get WRs open and the refs hardly ever call it.

Seattle copies the Patriots philosophy that "the refs are not going to call it every down" so just do it every play and you will get some big plays in between a couple of penalties.

You should worry a hell of a lot more about that then if Bobby Wagnor is going to use leverage to block our FGs.

DeathMonkey likes this.
  3. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

38,467 Messages
    16,019 Likes Received
    Which game did they win when the defense wasn't doing it?

4. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

14,095 Messages
    7,436 Likes Received
    But if dak has a game like the NY game the same people will say let him do it again or it’s just 1 game.

Dak outplayed Rodgers in his playoff game but because the def couldn’t make a 3rd down stop and the refs let the gb ol hold without penalties the same people say dak lost the game because he scored too fast.

5. pansophy

pansophy Well-Known Member

1,844 Messages
    1,763 Likes Received
    Yes and that is opening up the middle of the field for Jarwin, Beasley, and hopefully Zeke.

DeathMonkey likes this.
  6. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

7,704 Messages
    11,119 Likes Received
    Nine in the box my @%&. Let them try lol. The rumors of stacked boxes are greatly exaggerated.

uvaballa and PJTHEDOORS like this.
  7. CB61

CB61 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,987 Messages
    2,109 Likes Received
    Yep well said we will just have to be on top of our game

8. CB61

CB61 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,987 Messages
    2,109 Likes Received
    Good idea let's see if our coaching staff you come up with that

9. davidariust24

davidariust24 Well-Known Member

821 Messages
    690 Likes Received

They won't have nine but they will have eight. The plan is clear . They will stop Zeke number 1 and cooper they have to take away as well. They will say the same thing the bucs tried to do. "Dak beat us without Zeke and Cooper"! At the same time when we get the ball we will feed you your own poison "use the time clock up and keep their offense off of the field" but when we drive into the red zone "we will score touchdowns " as evidenced by Wilson's 35 TDs and Carson running for 10 TDs. The Seahawks are a good team , make no mistake we are the under dog and for good reason. They have experience, they have the stats to back them up they have the pedigree backed by a super bowl trophy. We need to play our A Game

10. Dallasfann

Dallasfann Well-Known Member

326 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    There is absolutely no way Zeke will face a 9 man box on any down that isn't 4th and 1 or 4th and goal. These guys are all professional athletes.

gjkoeppen likes this.
  11. uvaballa

uvaballa Well-Known Member

2,285 Messages
    1,636 Likes Received
    Next Gen stats say Seattle went 8 or more in the box 31% of their snaps. They still finished 30th in the league in rushing yard allowed. No excuses for not running down their throat.

12. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

1,839 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    How does crow taste these days. The Cowboys WON!

13. Mobinvans

Mobinvans Well-Known Member

2,584 Messages
    4,202 Likes Received
    If they put 9 in the box Zeke will make one man miss and score a touchdown...do it

14. ejthedj

ejthedj Well-Known Member

1,237 Messages
    547 Likes Received
    If they play nine man boxes, Cooper will go for 220 and 3 TDs on Peters. Peters is trash now.

15. gjkoeppen

1,839 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    And I'll bet that 31% of the snaps were 3 or 4th and short or goal line. NFL teams don't commit 9 in the box on 1st or 2nd down because the chances of getting beat deep goes up dramatically. Teams don't say on 1st down you're not going to run on us but go ahead and toss a TD pass on us.

16. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

5,220 Messages
    12,555 Likes Received
    I always like the analysts talking about the other team's gameplan to "stop Zeke". Well......duh! Don't you think that has been the plan for every team so far this season?

:laugh:

gjkoeppen likes this.
  17. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

18,585 Messages
    11,593 Likes Received
    What crow would you be talking about exactly?

18. gjkoeppen

1,839 Messages
    632 Likes Received

My bad. I misread your comment and thought you were predicting the Cowboys would lose to the sea hawks. I miss that giant word IF the first time.

19. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

33,284 Messages
    18,526 Likes Received

Bring it!

20. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

18,585 Messages
    11,593 Likes Received
    I was not confident that we could win. I have no problem admitting that. I think they are definitely the underdog this week. But that doenst mean I eat crow if they lose. Im just calling it like I see it.

They can win, just dont think its likely.