Zeke will not win a championship in today's NFL

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Blame the guy calling runs up the middle ALL GAME. I think Donald and Suh proved early in the game that nothing was going up the middle. Linehan never adapted his play calling....... as usual.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
47 yards rushing.

But he's off limits on this forum.

Zeke is a great player but he is a bit of a baby. When things don't go his way he sulks. I blame the coaches more this week. This team refuses to change things up. They had to know the Rams were geared up to stop Zeke, yet all they did was run him up between the tackles. Moronic. They should have had a whole package to get Zeke the ball in space. Quick pitches to the edge. Little hitches. Screens. Send him out wide.

They didn't. Not surprising at all.

jsb357

Reaction score
Coaches and players that have not desire or willingness to adapt their game fade away quickly...

Or go to work for Jerry.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Well its all on Dak. Zeke gets a pass.

Have to tell ya, love the player. As tough as they come, gets the dirty yards, developed as a receiver, blocks, 3 down back and all that. But where's the burst? He was a threat to score every time he touched it rookie year. Even last year, distracted or out of shape he at least took that screen in SF 72 yards.

yes, his oline is weaker, and yes, there was no Travis Frederick, but Zeke this year seemed to drop his head and look for contact rather than look for a hole. Has anyone seen the all 22 on the 4th and 1? I'm just curious, because on the FOX replay Zeke seemed to have only Lemarcus Joyner in the hole to the left, but instead he had already dropped his head and ran into 5 people where the hole wasn't.

I don't know. I'm probably grasping at straws. We'd be in a real bind without this guy, but sometimes I wish he'd search for daylight instead of contact

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Oline sucks, why cant you understand that. Play calling blows, and oline sucks

Well I wouldn't go far as to say the o-line blows, but for sure it's not as it needs to be. A lot depends on what happens with Frederick, if he's able to come back and play to his prior level, or even pretty close to it, and Williams gets stronger, I think the o-line will be much improved.

Would still go for a LT in the draft, if a good one is available, no doubt Smith is on his way down...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Have to tell ya, love the player. As tough as they come, gets the dirty yards, developed as a receiver, blocks, 3 down back and all that. But where's the burst? He was a threat to score every time he touched it rookie year. Even last year, distracted or out of shape he at least took that screen in SF 72 yards.

yes, his oline is weaker, and yes, there was no Travis Frederick, but Zeke this year seemed to drop his head and look for contact rather than look for a hole. Has anyone seen the all 22 on the 4th and 1? I'm just curious, because on the FOX replay Zeke seemed to have only Lemarcus Joyner in the hole to the left, but instead he had already dropped his head and ran into 5 people where the hole wasn't.

I don't know. I'm probably grasping at straws. We'd be in a real bind without this guy, but sometimes I wish he'd search for daylight instead of contact

Yes, if you get rid of Zeke, does anyone realistically expect to get a better running back in the second round of the draft, or get a better one in free agency?

Zeke is pretty darn good, there's a lot more pressing needs on this team than running back...

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The Rams knew this team had to run. And all they had to do was stack the line. They did exactly that and over-matched our o-line. Prescott can't beat good teams by himself, and they know that. That's why he was a 3rd round pick. If this team cannot produce in the run game, they're doomed.
So much wrong in your statement but let's just start with Dak, he wasn't a 3rd round pick.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
They are complaining about the OL being the reason Zeke couldn't perform.........Dak was able to make plays behind that same OL but guess we can't talk about that.

Teams key on Zeke, their plan is always to stop him first, teams don't key on Dak, he's got 5 linemen to protect him, can pass to numerous targets and can also run. And maybe the line is better at pass blocking than run blocking (don't think so but just bringing that up)...

blueblood70

Reaction score
47 yards rushing.

its hard to run when at the snap 3 DL are in the backfield all day..he had zero chance most plays to even get started running..even when they tried outside the LBs were there at the snap, he takes 2 steps and they were all over him..this is not a RB issue this was line failure and more so just great defensive play..they set out to simply stop Zeke all day and it worked, we still scored 22 and lost by one score...this was on a defense that gave up 17 in the 2nd quarter and 30 on the day and 277 to 2 running backs..seriously how do you keep on schedule to run down 20-7 at the half and lost TOP by mile??our offense didnt have enough touches to comeback or I think we win this game, not on zeke or Dak, blame the line blame the coaching but how about giving the toher coaches and defense on the other side some credit..they were the better team coming in and going out, did we forget we were picked to lose?

RS12

Reaction score
Zeke will not win a championship in today's NFL

To qualify, you mean with Jerry as GM and Garrett as HC, could not agree more.

rags747

Reaction score
The Rams knew this team had to run. And all they had to do was stack the line. They did exactly that and over-matched our o-line. Prescott can't beat good teams by himself, and they know that. That's why he was a 3rd round pick. If this team cannot produce in the run game, they're doomed.
This EXACTLY, but he was a 4th round pick. Formula for playing Dallas? Stack the line and make Dak beat you. Would any of us do it any differently? The QB needs to be able to beat the defense over the top consistently otherwise defenses will just focus on stuffing Zeke. Can Dak do that and can Dak go into a game with the #1 goal being to throw the ball often to beat a team. Can he make defenses respect our passing game or will they always have little to no worry that he can hurt them. It is not going to get easier.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
47 yards rushing.

Yeah, it's crazy how the league's leading rusher suddenly forgot how to run the football. It's almost as if Donald and Suh abused our interior linemen, or something.

pansophy

Reaction score
47 yds logic. Eat it.
2.3 yards a carry. So how do you explain that?

Did Elliott miss open lanes during the game? Did Elliott look slow to you? Did he seem to lack power through the hole? ...or did it seem like the Rams were selling out on stopping the run and forcing us to win the game in the air?

Most of us believe it is the later and that we were not able to truly punish them for it in the passing game. Also a bad matchup with two backups at center and guard against Donald and Suh. Still scored 22.

Defense gave up 270 yards rushing. That's the ball game, end of story.