Zeke will not win a championship in today's NFL

aikemirv

Reaction score
But I thought you have to give the ball to your best player in those situations? The hell you looking at Dak for? The play called for Dak to hand the ball to the player "carrying" the offense...

Give the ball to him. Stop blaming Dak...isn't he supposed to be along for the ride?
Not a chance - my sig says it all. Hey Dak, we are giving you the yard - take it if you want - or you can turn around and hand it to Zeke and take your chances!

Connor and Looney have inside leverage - that is 100% first down!

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I wasn’t talking about your comments.

End of the day. The defense didn’t play well enough to realistically win the game.

The offense would have needed to be almost perfect to win. They weren’t.

End of season.
Rams had 9 possessions.

Cowboys had 8.

The offense lost this game just as much as the defense by not taking advantage of their opportunities.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Elite RBs don’t win you championships.

This place wants the 90s Cowboys, yet whine that’s Garrett has created that play style.

You’re all part of the problem.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Rams had 9 possessions.

Cowboys had 8.

The offense lost this game just as much as the defense by not taking advantage of their opportunities.

Worse when you realize the Rams D has been exposed multiple times this season in the run and passing game.

I’m not entirely sure why people struggle to accept that our offense is a far bigger problem than the defense. This style of footballl simply doesn’t win often in the modern era.

You MUST have a QB that can scare a defense - otherwise, you go home empty handed.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Just 2 plays off the top of my head.

Third and 5 and Dak zings a fast ball at Cooper 6 yards away when he has all the space in the world to run for a 1st down-make the right decision!
4th and 1 in the fourth and you have a huge gap to the left of the center for an easy 1st down - call your number!

That's just 2, not including the wild passes to open receivers.

Just stupid!
Next drive he missed wide open Gallup with nothing but green in front of him.

I think that was right before the in the grasp play. Lost in the shuffle on that play is that Dak did his patented run from phantom pressure right into real pressure when he had wide open space on the other side. Cost us a field goal opportunity.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Next drive he missed wide open Gallup with nothing but green in front of him.

I think that was right before the in the grasp play. Lost in the shuffle on that play is that Dak did his patented run from phantom pressure right into real pressure when he had wide open space on the other side. Cost us a field goal opportunity.
https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing/2018/19#average-time-to-throw

Look at the last column "completion % above expectation". If I am reading this right, based on the openess/pressure/difficulty of the WR/pass, Dak should have completed 75% of his passes. I would absolutely agree with that. He had at least that many BAD passes to open guys. He had the biggest discrepany of any QB this weekend!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Rams had 9 possessions.

Cowboys had 8.

The offense put up points. The d was abused all game. 1 sack, little to no pressure on Goff. Terrible run d. Worst of the seeason. Zero take aways.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Meant Zeke not Zach. Tallking about Zeke, what this thread was started for.

Ok, that's what I thought but not sure if you were talking about the 4th and 1 play and you wanted him to go east and west on a 4th and 1. It is possible that he could/should have seen that same hole that was still there when he got the ball and he probably should have but Dak had that hole staring him in the face and it was a gift!

It is Daks job to get them in the right play based on the D and he did not call the QB sneak as he should have, and he ran the play right into the teeth!

DStar22

Reaction score
Zeke is the rushing LEADER with a decimated OL. think about that for a second. he is a generational talent.

THE REASON he struggles at times, is when the other team gangs up to stop him , the rest of our offense is IFFY as to whether they can make them pay for it or not, so they ALWAYS target Zeke and the running game.

they are getting better, but this is still the issue.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Zeke is the rushing LEADER with a decimated OL. think about that for a second. he is a generational talent.

THE REASON he struggles at times, is when the other team gangs up to stop him , the rest of our offense is IFFY as to whether they can make them pay for it or not, so they ALWAYS target Zeke and the running game.

they are getting better, but this is still the issue.

A generational talent? Where was that talent vs Rams?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
A generational talent? Where was that talent vs Rams?
You need to acknowledge the rest of the post you quoted.

With no fear of Dak and the passing game they focus on Zeke. No running back is going to produce against a team focused on stopping him, especially with an average o-line blocking for him. Why do you continue to ignore that?

Cmac

Reaction score
This thread is hilarious.....and is logical as JG getting an extension, Linehan still employed, Kellen Moore as QB coach, and JG forgetting what he said.

Hadenough

Reaction score
47 yards rushing.

But he's off limits on this forum.
I tend to agree with you but probably for different reasons than you might think. I believe Zeke wont win a championship because Garrett is using him too much just to save his job. Zeke had way too many regular season touches and seemed to look slower 3/4 of the way into the season. Garretts inability to be creative had forced Zeke to be a battering ram. There is no reason in the world that the Cowboys shouldnt of been rotating Rod Smith in more. But when they did put him in they did same thing to him. No creativity and just run him into a brick wall.

Dre11

Reaction score
The Rams knew this team had to run. And all they had to do was stack the line. They did exactly that and over-matched our o-line. Prescott can't beat good teams by himself, and they know that. That's why he was a 3rd round pick. If this team cannot produce in the run game, they're doomed.

This is a stupid response, Geoff was a 1st round pick, and he can't beat a team by himself....lol
Neither can Wentz or Luck....smdh

Hadenough

Reaction score
The offense put up points. The d was abused all game. 1 sack, little to no pressure on Goff. Terrible run d. Worst of the seeason. Zero take aways.
Oh the defense was a big problem but what about the 1 for 10 on 3rd down conversions. The defense was holding the Rams to FGs while the offense kept going 3 and out until after halftime.

Dre11

Reaction score
I tend to agree with you but probably for different reasons than you might think. I believe Zeke wont win a championship because Garrett is using him too much just to save his job. Zeke had way too many regular season touches and seemed to look slower 3/4 of the way into the season. Garretts inability to be creative had forced Zeke to be a battering ram. There is no reason in the world that the Cowboys shouldnt of been rotating Rod Smith in more. But when they did put him in they did same thing to him. No creativity and just run him into a brick wall.

Lol...earlier fans cried he wasn't getting the ball enough....lol