Zeke will not win a championship in today's NFL

Hadenough

Reaction score
Lol...earlier fans cried he wasn't getting the ball enough....lol
I think those were fans crying to run the ball more but Zeke doesnt want to be in a time share at RB. The dude is getting worn down and getting 35 touches a game.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't blame Dak for the loss. But he does miss guys who are wide open a little too often. Hard to be a consistent offense when you can't make some throws against air.

True, but every quarterback misses wide open receivers most games, the 24 for 27 passing games aren't that common.

But of course Dak misses a few of those nearly every game, and if a quarterback misses a wide open receiver on first and 10, no big deal, still 2-3 more downs left to try for the first. Dak's misses too often happen on crucial third downs or deep in their own side of the field, leading to the opposing team getting good field position, or being able to run off clock late in games, etc.

Question is, can Dak improve on that? Why does he do that? Does he try too hard to be perfect with the pass? Does he feel pressure when there is none or very little and rush the throw? Is it footwork? Does he not understand when you have to fire the ball vs. loft it up for the receiver to run under it? And of course it's entirely possible a Gallup or even Cooper isn't where they're supposed to be on the field and Dak made the correct throw but the receiver was at fault.

No way to know the answers to those questions in every case (though some of the "experts" here think they can read Dak's mind or know the precise details of the play). Some of them, like footwork, can be coached out. Is Dak capable of being "coached up"? Are the coaches able to "coach him up"? (Not sold on Moore, what's he ever done that would lead the Cowboys to believe he's able to coach an NFL quarterback?)

Of course we can speculate all we want, but there's little to zero indication Dak won't get at least another year to improve, so for any Dak haters out there, or for those who just think the Cowboys should draft another quarterback, or trade for a Foles, et al, or let Rush/White compete for the starting job, complaining about Dak endlessly is a waste of time...

Quickdraw

Reaction score
This is a stupid response, Geoff was a 1st round pick, and he can't beat a team by himself....lol
Neither can Wentz or Luck....smdh
It's not a stupid response. You apparently read my response wrong. I said without Zeke effectively running the ball, Prescott cannot put the game on his shoulders and win. Sure he has won a couple of games in the 4th quarter, but he "needs" Zeke to be effective. THAT'S what I said.

No QB can win the game "by themselves". But, Prescott is not even remotely a threat. That's why teams stack the box to stop the run. They do not think Prescott can beat them.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
This EXACTLY, but he was a 4th round pick. Formula for playing Dallas? Stack the line and make Dak beat you. Would any of us do it any differently? The QB needs to be able to beat the defense over the top consistently otherwise defenses will just focus on stuffing Zeke. Can Dak do that and can Dak go into a game with the #1 goal being to throw the ball often to beat a team. Can he make defenses respect our passing game or will they always have little to no worry that he can hurt them. It is not going to get easier.
Thank you. You get what I was saying.

Dre11

Reaction score
It's not a stupid response. You apparently read my response wrong. I said without Zeke effectively running the ball, Prescott cannot put the game on his shoulders and win. Sure he has won a couple of games in the 4th quarter, but he "needs" Zeke to be effective. THAT'S what I said.

No QB can win the game "by themselves". But, Prescott is not even remotely a threat. That's why teams stack the box to stop the run. They do not think Prescott can beat them.

You said that's why he was picked in the 3rd round, that was stupid, because the round means nothing, when you consider even and selected in the 1st round can't .

Quickdraw

Reaction score
It's not stupid. Most 3rd round QB's are not Superbowl winners. Again, it was to prove a point that without the running game hitting on all cylinders, Prescott struggles and the team most likely loses.

CCBoy

Reaction score
C'mon man...

The OC makes the offense go. Yes. Our first TD was great. From that point on, Linehan became lost in predictability land. Get him the **** outta here please...

The Dallas Cowboys now must focus all of their efforts on making this young team better and getting the right coaching staff in the building. Everything starts with a strong coaching staff and the Cowboys should have a few decisions to make. So let’s start there with my offseason wish list for the Cowboys.

The first item on this list is to find quarterback Dak Prescott an offensive coordinator that can put him in position to succeed. Coming in at a close second is for them to find a quarterback coach that can actually help Prescott make better reads the field and work on his accuracy problems. The current offensive coordinator Scott Linehan and quarterback coach Kellen Moore have failed to do any of those things for Prescott this season...

https://thelandryhat.com/2019/01/14/dallas-cowboys-offseason-wish-list-positions-needs/

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys now must focus all of their efforts on making this young team better and getting the right coaching staff in the building. Everything starts with a strong coaching staff and the Cowboys should have a few decisions to make. So let’s start there with my offseason wish list for the Cowboys.

The first item on this list is to find quarterback Dak Prescott an offensive coordinator that can put him in position to succeed. Coming in at a close second is for them to find a quarterback coach that can actually help Prescott make better reads the field and work on his accuracy problems. The current offensive coordinator Scott Linehan and quarterback coach Kellen Moore have failed to do any of those things for Prescott this season...

https://thelandryhat.com/2019/01/14/dallas-cowboys-offseason-wish-list-positions-needs/
I tried to hit the like button 100x. I really did.

pansophy

Reaction score
True, but every quarterback misses wide open receivers most games, the 24 for 27 passing games aren't that common.

But of course Dak misses a few of those nearly every game, and if a quarterback misses a wide open receiver on first and 10, no big deal, still 2-3 more downs left to try for the first. Dak's misses too often happen on crucial third downs or deep in their own side of the field, leading to the opposing team getting good field position, or being able to run off clock late in games, etc.

Question is, can Dak improve on that? Why does he do that? Does he try too hard to be perfect with the pass? Does he feel pressure when there is none or very little and rush the throw? Is it footwork? Does he not understand when you have to fire the ball vs. loft it up for the receiver to run under it? And of course it's entirely possible a Gallup or even Cooper isn't where they're supposed to be on the field and Dak made the correct throw but the receiver was at fault.

No way to know the answers to those questions in every case (though some of the "experts" here think they can read Dak's mind or know the precise details of the play). Some of them, like footwork, can be coached out. Is Dak capable of being "coached up"? Are the coaches able to "coach him up"? (Not sold on Moore, what's he ever done that would lead the Cowboys to believe he's able to coach an NFL quarterback?)

Of course we can speculate all we want, but there's little to zero indication Dak won't get at least another year to improve, so for any Dak haters out there, or for those who just think the Cowboys should draft another quarterback, or trade for a Foles, et al, or let Rush/White compete for the starting job, complaining about Dak endlessly is a waste of time...
I do think he has improved. He is attacking the sidelines in that intermediate area more and guys are having to drag their feet to stay in bounds. Almost never saw that last year. A couple of his key INTs were throws where the guy was so wide open that he tried to lob it in so as to not miss him and it gave the defender time to make up the distance. So you know Dak knows he isn't always accurate.

I mean we could have done way worse at QB, especially for a 4th rounder. The only mid level QB left is Goff, and frankly we should just be running the Rams offense. We have the same kind of personnel, but it made Goff look really good when in reality I think Dak actually outplayed him overall. 3rd down passing is where Dak's weaknesses show up most and in the red zone. He just needs to keep working on that.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Don't blame Zeke. Our arrogant and unimaginative coaches take top offensive talent and turn them into 47 yard rushers and 1 for 15 receivers.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Let's see....The entire league knows the Cowboys offense goes through Zeke. The Rams loaded the line to stop him at all costs and it worked perfectly. The Rams literally begged the Cowboys to beat them through the air as every team knows that Prescott is a liability.

Zeke was hit behind the line constantly. The coaching staff should have mixed it up more or Dak should have changed the plays at the line but we know he can't read defenses for sh!t.

Stop Zeke and have two 100 yard backs = Would take a miracle to win

I am honestly surprised the game was as close as it was

This !

cern

Reaction score
Our game plan stank. The fault was not zeke's. Any opinion to the contrary is ludicrous.

Big_D

Reaction score
lol anything to build up the QB. Dak Precott just isn't an accurate QB and it will bite them every year. It's the #1 reason Zeke couldn't run, because the Rams D had zero respect for the passing game and was able to sell out to stop Elliott. They won't be able to do that with any of the 3 teams remaining.

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score
Elite RBs don’t win you championships.

This place wants the 90s Cowboys, yet whine that’s Garrett has created that play style.

You’re all part of the problem.
Anyone not on the team or coaching the team is responsible for the team's demise. To think otherwise is ludicrous .

khiladi

Reaction score
Excuses for Dak..

Rams stacked the box and Dak couldn’t make them pay. Cowboys went pass heavy the first five drives with them floundering.

The running game does what it’s suppose to including wearing the defensive fronts down to the point Dak can run a draw in the fourth quarter and get credit because holes are now so wide open.

Our QB can’t capitalize with his arm..

Dallas pass to run ration was 15-9 well into the third, meaning Dak scrubbed against a mediocre secondary. Their most balanced drive was the first which was scripted, was 3-4 ratio, meaning more Zeke, and because of that got Cooper in the slot in single coverage on a first and ten which resulted in an easy TD that any basic QB could make.

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score
Excuses for Dak..

Rams stacked the box and Dak couldn’t make them pay. Cowboys went pass heavy the first five drives with them floundering.

The running game does what it’s suppose to including wearing the defensive fronts down to the point Dak can run a draw in the fourth quarter and get credit because holes are now so wide open.

Our QB can’t capitalize with his arm..
When he sees cooper lined up in single coverage and doesn't look his way after the snap, i have to wonder what is his malfunction.