News: Zeke Won't Return without Deal

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I guess I don't understand why someone like Zeke wouldn't honor the remaining deal left on the table? Especially after the support the Jerry has shown him through all of his idiocy. Another caveat here is the fact that Zeke is already a rich man and this does become about greed and the lack of honor. Look how Amari Cooper is handling things in a similar situation! Zeke's actions are only shining a negative light on him and honestly it's to be expected. I personally think his actions have proved that he is basically just a time bomb waiting to go off at some point and probably not worth the headache. Hopefully this all goes away quickly, but i like the way the team is handing it in terms of next man up even though us fans aren't settled about it.

If we know anything about Jerry Jones, we know how much he favors loyalty. Jerry is loyal to a fault.

But I can't help but think that Zeke is burning that bridge to the ground with how he is handling this contract issue.

If Jerry gets fed up enough, he may just tell Zeke he's not giving him an extension at all.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Zeke doesn't care about the team. So i've moved on from him. I wanna see what Pollard/Weber can do.

How do we know these guys can stay healthy and bring it in pro football? We don’t and to assume we can is only setting up the rb position for failure. The grass always seems greener on the other side.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He must want market resetting money. 17 million or something. If we offered him gurly money and turned that down then he maybe sitting the season out. And if he does then I let him sit next year too. If he is gonna be this way and not budge then get gordon. I we do something like that then Elliot will know he isn’t playing this year and will be traded after.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
He's shown clues in training camp.
So did Garrett when he first got here. He was supposed to be the new genius OC that was going to do great things. He did for about half of the 2007 season. Not much since. Moore is still an unknown factor.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If not for Jerry's influence with the league office and continually bailing him out, Zeke would most likely be suspended for a decent portion of the 2019 season!

Players aren't paid while suspended, so Jerry is already helping Zeke out more than he even realizes. $3.9 million is not chump change. I think we all forget the details here.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
How do we know these guys can stay healthy and bring it in pro football? We don’t and to assume we can is only setting up the rb position for failure. The grass always seems greener on the other side.

No one knows the future. But enjoy the ride.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think I am in a small group on this in that I really don't care if he shows up or not and we're finally starting to hear some buzz about Pollard and his football IQ and dedication. I've mentioned it before, I would never sign a RB to a 2nd contract and I wouldn't have exercised that option, which also could be a contributing factor to the hold out.

There's also a benefit to this if he doesn't show up. We really don't know what Young Kellen's O will look like but with Elliott showing up and getting paid 14 or 15M, what do you think his marching orders are going to be? Run that same TOP offense in a league where that no longer gets a team there; it's all about Points Off Possessions and this team and that RB are very mediocre at that. Yards do not matter unless you apply Parcells' yardage theory of 100 yards = 6 points and meet that.

Know how many yards Elliott had to get to get 6 points last season? 239
Barkley 119
Gurley 74
Mixon 146
Carson 128
McCafferey 157
Henry 88
Peterson 149
Lindsay 115

Take a good long look at that and tell me about value. That's all the 1k rushers from last season. BTW, 12 other RB's outside the 1K club of the top 30 rushers had more rushing TDs than Elliott. Workhorse back has 20 of the top 30 rushers score more after leading the league in carries?

The Cowboys offense needed 153 yards to get a TD and for this mighty rushing team they ranked 16th in rushing TD's.

So, in order to be better on offense THIS YEAR, tell me why they need a 14-15M RB. It's not a game of inches, it's a game of points.