Twitter: Zeke working it

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Tell ya what...in your blinded hate you maybe haven;t thought about it.

If your dream boy Pitts comes and does as well as what you think.....might open up the field for zeke. heaven forbid THAT should happen.

And I've said it before...make an intentional game plan for Pollard instead of whenever Zeke taps out. Make the defense head spin...instead 3 off tackles in a row for zeke.

Your wish might actually HELP zeke. Now...THAT...would be funny.
Wrong my man on several counts.

First there is no hate on Zeke, I've mentioned several times that he got his money and glad he did cause he's a running back and will get dumped at the first opportunity. Todd Gurley, Demarco Murray there's others but RBs get used up and disposed of.
I was making a joke about Jerry paying him what he did.

Second Pitts ain't my guy, I want defense. However if he is there and of he is as good as advertised it's tough to not take him.

Third I mentioned in another post that if pitts is selected they need to trade one of the WRs for defensive talent.

Fourth I also mentioned with all those pass catchers they should run RB draws minimum of 4-5 times a game because the D is going to be so worried about the pass.

Fifth I don't know why I would root for a player on the team to fail, that will simply hurt the team I'm rooting for right? I think Zeke has declined and Jaylon has empty stats but I'm not gonna sit here and hope that Zeke keeps fumbling etc.

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The explosive disappeared w/the new contract a while back. I’ve seen grandmas shopping the day after thanksgiving w/those moves.

plasticman

Reaction score
I actually thought Zeke played better last season than he did the season before. It looked to me like was giving more effort although the results don't show it. Defenses were keying on Zeke after Dak got hurt. At the same time, he was playing behind tackles that were 3rd on the depth chart. Fredericks retired, Collins out for the season, Tyron playing sporadically, even Martin missed games. There were times when the only original starter was Connor Williams.

I think we will get maximum effort from Zeke this season, Im sure he has heard the criticism and he is a proud man. Barring excessive injury, the Cowboys may put a really good season together. They have the talent, hopefully they will have the mincamps, the training camp and some preseason games to help all players become familiar with the coaches systems.

Last season's circumstances effected all the NFL teams. However, for the teams that had new HC's that season, it must have been challenging trying to come together as a team. I know some teams did better than others, however, to also be hit so hard with injuries was devastating for the Cowboys last season.

I think this season will reveal more about who Zeke is, his character, leadership, and drive.

Croomraider

Reaction score
The Zeke hate is ridiculous.
He Averages 4.5 yards a carry over his entire career!
That's really good.
Last time I checked, we only need 10 yards for a first down?!

Zeke 4.5 ---- Emmitt Smith 4.2

Zeke will dominate in 2021, 5.5 yards a carry!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Great to see Zeke in good shape and putting in the work. No denying that Zeke has to clean up those fumbles though, let’s hope he’s working on it.

If I'm not mistaken he only had one after Thanksgiving.. I'd say that's a good indication that he figured it out. Now that I think about it that Thanksgiving day fumble may have been his last one of the season..

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The Zeke hate is ridiculous.
He Averages 4.5 yards a carry over his entire career!
That's really good.
Last time I checked, we only need 10 yards for a first down?!

Zeke 4.5 ---- Emmitt Smith 4.2

Zeke will dominate in 2021, 5.5 yards a carry!
Good point. Zeke better than Emmitt. Case closed.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wrong my man on several counts.

First there is no hate on Zeke, I've mentioned several times that he got his money and glad he did cause he's a running back and will get dumped at the first opportunity. Todd Gurley, Demarco Murray there's others but RBs get used up and disposed of.
I was making a joke about Jerry paying him what he did.

Second Pitts ain't my guy, I want defense. However if he is there and of he is as good as advertised it's tough to not take him.

Third I mentioned in another post that if pitts is selected they need to trade one of the WRs for defensive talent.

Fourth I also mentioned with all those pass catchers they should run RB draws minimum of 4-5 times a game because the D is going to be so worried about the pass.

Fifth I don't know why I would root for a player on the team to fail, that will simply hurt the team I'm rooting for right? I think Zeke has declined and Jaylon has empty stats but I'm not gonna sit here and hope that Zeke keeps fumbling etc.

And 6th...I Was just yanking your chain. "making a joke" if you will. Thanks for the detailed reply!

I hope you don;t take every reply so seriously! That'd drive ya nuts.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I'm not mistaken he only had one after Thanksgiving.. I'd say that's a good indication that he figured it out. Now that I think about it that Thanksgiving day fumble may have been his last one of the season..
He did indeed "clean it up". Haters didn't notice.

(FYA..I'm not saying DanA is a hater...they know who they are)

MyFairLady

Reaction score
At least Emmitt had the decency to win two superbowls before he decided to hold out for more money.