Twitter: Zeke: "You guys make me feel awkward"

aria

Reaction score
100% false. Go watch sounds from the sidelines and you will get a different perspective. He is far from not caring. I fact there was a scene where Pollard was saying that he hoped they weren't going to put zeke in and zeke told him..... "naw I wasn't going to do that to you" he wants pollard to get touches and opportunities he wants to win badly. Watch the series all of them.
Exactly, he wants Pollard to get touches because he wants to win. Even he knows who the better option is.

“Coach, I want to win this game, put Pollard in”!

Cmac

Reaction score
What a loser. He demands to be paid as the best back in the league, doesn’t show up to work until he is and is now suddenly content with consistent piss poor performances. This game very well could have gone the other way, what would his response be then?

How about saying he was happy about the win but that he needs to work harder, try to improve and his performance in those games were unacceptable to him personally? But nope, he got paid, he doesn’t care if he has bad games or how much he contributes to a win, as long as that pay check keeps coming.
Are you done?

nobody

Reaction score
Old enough to have written analytical football pieces for 2 seperate websites, because of my ability to understand football a be non partial. I am critical of Cowboys when they deserve it and to the extent they deserve it. Having on blinders would be saying Zeke is the best back in the league, I am not saying that. However, he's closer to a top tier back then he is anything that resembles a scrub. Purchase all 22 and watch him on every snap, with and without the ball and tell me again how scrub like he is.

I'll admit I was wrong to question your fandom. I wouldn't want the same said of me, so for that I apologize.

Apology accepted and I apologize for suggesting that your age matters in regards to anything. I was just implying that I was probably a fan longer than you've been alive and meant no disrespect by that in itself..it was more of defense of my fandom. That's all :) I'm just frustrated by Zeke not being the elite back he's been in the past. I know the potential is there. I've seen it. And he's been great on blocking and picking up the blitz. But he used to break tackles better and used to be quicker in maneuvering. I'm not sure if it's physical or mental, but he's not performing up to what we know he can. Given what he's being paid as far as percentage of the cap, he needs to.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Just because you don't like that I think he's overpaid for what he is doesn't mean I'm trolling. Stop crying about my opinion and ignore it if you don't like it. Trolling accusations are way overused here.

dislike him that’s cool, think he’s overpaid that’s cool too, but be honest with yourself and everyone else,, he earned every bit of the money he will get. He is the best rb in the league. You want him to be like Barkley and Sanders, they lose more yards than they gain. So if he were to get the and immediately start twisting and turning to make people miss and get tackled for a loss, or to only gain 1 or 2 yards, or don’t get the much needed first down then you will be fussing about that. I like his style of running the ball , I will admit that sometimes when he does that Le’Veon Bell hesitating stuff I dislike that style. I love the constant thumping of the defense but his Oline has to provide the initial thump

nobody

Reaction score
dislike him that’s cool, think he’s overpaid that’s cool too, but be honest with yourself and everyone else,, he earned every bit of the money he will get. He is the best rb in the league. You want him to be like Barkley and Sanders, they lose more yards than they gain. So if he were to get the and immediately start twisting and turning to make people miss and get tackled for a loss, or to only gain 1 or 2 yards, or don’t get the much needed first down then you will be fussing about that. I like his style of running the ball , I will admit that sometimes when he does that Le’Veon Bell hesitating stuff I dislike that style. I love the constant thumping of the defense but his Oline has to provide the initial thump

No, I don't believe he's earned every bit of the money he will get. The current contract is for what he WILL do, not what he has done. He hasn't played like the best back in the league. Anyone who says otherwise is blind. If he works hard to get back to his old form, yeah, he is the best in the league, but right now he isn't. But since he is paid like he is, he needs to figure out what he's doing wrong or could be doing better and fix it. It's his job to. I never said I disliked his method of running. I like it. Sadly it leads to a shorter career more often than not, but I enjoy seeing it. He has been having trouble doing it as well this season though.

You can be a fan of a team and players on that team and acknowledge when they're not performing like they should. It's okay to criticize.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Training in Cabo doesn't yield good results. Zeke will look better next year. I am dang mad though that we have to wait until yet again another "next year".

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What a loser. He demands to be paid as the best back in the league, doesn’t show up to work until he is and is now suddenly content with consistent piss poor performances. This game very well could have gone the other way, what would his response be then?

How about saying he was happy about the win but that he needs to work harder, try to improve and his performance in those games were unacceptable to him personally? But nope, he got paid, he doesn’t care if he has bad games or how much he contributes to a win, as long as that pay check keeps coming.

Fair point, but the guy has struggled to break tackles. I get that there are fewer holes, but he just got paid like a superstar and yet plays nearly like a scrub.
How thick is your skull? How many times do you have to be reminded he scored twice? That's not playing, "nearly like a scrub". Why is your only definition for Zeke playing well defined by yards gained? You need to get past that idea and understand there is more than one way that he contributes toward the team goal of winning the game. He more than did his part by scoring twice.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Training in Cabo doesn't yield good results. Zeke will look better next year. I am dang mad though that we have to wait until yet again another "next year".
So you have already given up on this team this season even though they lead their division?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Zeke used to run through people and finish runs now he just falls forward at the end. Its very annoying.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
So you have already given up on this team this season even though they lead their division?
I've given up on a Super Bowl this season , but would love to be proved wrong. To clarify, I still expect a play off berth.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I've given up on a Super Bowl this season , but would love to be proved wrong. To clarify, I still expect a play off berth.
Do you think the Cowboys can win the playoff game they host in the first round? Most likely it will be the Vikings or Seahawks that we play.

aria

Reaction score
Are you done?
Oh...probably not, I’ve toned it down a lot but then he does or says something stupid once again. I’ll never be done, never liked the person but gave him several chances and he kept proving me right. Never liked fhe draft pick and will never like the contract. He demanded to be paid as the best RB in the league then I’m going to hold him to that standard and be that much more critical until the day he no longer wears a Cowboys u iform which couldn’t get here soon enough.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Oh...probably not, I’ve toned it down a lot but then he does or says something stupid once again. I’ll never be done, never liked the person but gave him several chances and he kept proving me right. Never liked fhe draft pick and will never like the contract. He demanded to be paid as the best RB in the league then I’m going to hold him to that standard and be that much more critical until the day he no longer wears a Cowboys u iform which couldn’t get here soon enough.
Okay fair enough, let me ask you another question though. Suppose we pay Dak 40 million a year in the off-season and come this time next year he is 8th in the league in yardage and TDs, would you rail against him and his contract also?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
A true competitor hungry for a championship would be like "Yeah, we got a win, but I need to improve. I need to strive to get better."

Brady is filled with rage over their failures at 9-1.

Undefeated in 2007, all he could talk about were the plays they left on the field.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The man scored twice and that's not good enough? I don't like him either, my friend but I do believe in being fair when talking about him. Yards gained is not the only way he contributes to the team's goals. When he is scoring, he is earning his money. He was too tired from scoring the TD to be in the play to get the 2 point conversion. That's why he said he wanted Pollard to go in, not because he thinks Pollard gives them a better chance to win.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Credit where credit is due, I got this from Shannon Sharpe, if defenses weren't keying on Zeke and stopping the running game there is no way Blake Jarwin is that wide open to seal the win.
It is not a stat - they don't care.

They don't understand it either!

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Do you think the Cowboys can win the playoff game they host in the first round? Most likely it will be the Vikings or Seahawks that we play.
I predict we go 1-1 in the play offs. Obviously I hope I am wrong and we win them all.