Twitter: Zeke: "You guys make me feel awkward"

Lutonio

Reaction score
I like it. I'll continue to be critical of him, but I'm optimistic he'll bounce back if Prescott continues playing like he is and teams back off to play more coverage.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I like it. I'll continue to be critical of him, but I'm optimistic he'll bounce back if Prescott continues playing like he is and teams back off to play more coverage.
The league has been pass happy for quite sometime now. The Cowboys are finally catching up. I it's giving Zeke limited plays. When he does have a chance to make a play, he doesnt (Vikings Game) because he's rusty. :lmao:

aria

Reaction score
Okay fair enough, let me ask you another question though. Suppose we pay Dak 40 million a year in the off-season and come this time next year he is 8th in the league in yardage and TDs, would you rail against him and his contract also?
No. He has handled his contract much differently than Zeke, has been a leader on and off the field, QB is not a position that is easily replaced, he has shown he doesn’t need Zeke in order to succeed (which was one of the Zeke lovers last defenses of him that was proven untrue) and in most cases you need an above average QB to win championships, the same can’t be said for RB’s.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and drew all the focus from the defense,,, see how great your passing game is once the other teams don't have to respect your run.

Just blow them off Zeke,,, most of the time they're just angling to spread hate and discontent.

Too bad many posters do not realize this, or won't admit it. They just was to post stupid stuff which shows Zeke handles it better than they do.
Just like I try to blow off all the stupid Zeke hate posts on here anymore. Waste of my time to respond to Stupidity unless really needed. :laugh:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a loser. He demands to be paid as the best back in the league, doesn’t show up to work until he is and is now suddenly content with consistent piss poor performances. This game very well could have gone the other way, what would his response be then?

How about saying he was happy about the win but that he needs to work harder, try to improve and his performance in those games were unacceptable to him personally? But nope, he got paid, he doesn’t care if he has bad games or how much he contributes to a win, as long as that pay check keeps coming.

Loser post.
If he would have said what you wanted him to say, you would find fault with that too. It is what you always do with everything.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh...probably not, I’ve toned it down a lot but then he does or says something stupid once again. I’ll never be done, never liked the person but gave him several chances and he kept proving me right. Never liked fhe draft pick and will never like the contract. He demanded to be paid as the best RB in the league then I’m going to hold him to that standard and be that much more critical until the day he no longer wears a Cowboys u iform which couldn’t get here soon enough.

What a sad and miserable being. How did Zeke get this much control over you?

simplycowboys210

Reaction score
This season he has certainly played closer to scrub than superstar. This is disconcerting since the talent is there. We've seen it.
The only reason why your saying that is because he damn near won the rushing title 3 years in a row. Hes still 8 in the league for rushing and theres probably idk 24 teams that would beg to differ. Show me another RB we've had other than Smith that did that, and even he had off years.

aria

Reaction score
The man scored twice and that's not good enough? I don't like him either, my friend but I do believe in being fair when talking about him. Yards gained is not the only way he contributes to the team's goals. When he is scoring, he is earning his money. He was too tired from scoring the TD to be in the play to get the 2 point conversion. That's why he said he wanted Pollard to go in, not because he thinks Pollard gives them a better chance to win.
I couldn’t care less about TD’s. I’ll give him credit for the catch and TD against the 3rd worst defense in the league but that’s it.

There have been plenty of teams that have used RB’s or FB’s exclusively for short yardage situations (ie TD’s) and just because they rack them up doesn’t mean they are great. So if we get the ball on the 2-3 yard line, run it 3 times, and Zeke happens to get in 1 of the three then his value goes up as a RB because of the TD? I don’t buy that. Josh Allen has as many rushing TD’s as Zeke, perhaps he’s a better RB than Zeke AND can throw the ball.

Too many variables (ie play calling) to judge a RB’s worth solely on TD’s Joe.

If people want to use that reasoning than look no further than 2018 when Zeke was tied for 20th with Dak for rushing TD’s. Did he not earn his money last year because he only had 6 TD’s? During his stellar 2016 season (thanks to the best line in the league at the time) he had 1600 yards, 15 rushing TD’s and averaged 5.1 ypc. LeGarrette Blount had 1150 yards, 18 TD’s and averaged 3.9 ypc. Who would you rather have?

This year he demanded to be paid as the best and if using TD’s as a measuring stick he is tied for 6th, that is nowhere close to the best. He’s the one that brought the spotlight and standard upon himself with his contract demands, not me, but since he wants to be paid as the best that’s the standard I’m going to hold him to.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Too bad many posters do not realize this, or won't admit it. They just was to post stupid stuff which shows Zeke handles it better than they do.
Just like I try to blow off all the stupid Zeke hate posts on here anymore. Waste of my time to respond to Stupidity unless really needed. :laugh:
Ive got long ignore list of the Zeke, witten and other troll members..

waste of brain cells

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's okay with not performing as long as there is a W (that he had little to nothing to do with). A true competitor hungry for a championship would be like "Yeah, we got a win, but I need to improve. I need to strive to get better."
He has previously said that. Does he have to say it contstantly? I think that's an unreasonable expectation. I think his point was only that everything isn't about him personally, and that team success overrides individual success. Isn't that what we want players to buy into? Besides, he knows that he isn't going to be the standout every week. I'm sure he also knows that teams keying so hard on stopping him is opening up things in the passing game, so he is still contributing.

BermyStar

Reaction score
Apology accepted and I apologize for suggesting that your age matters in regards to anything. I was just implying that I was probably a fan longer than you've been alive and meant no disrespect by that in itself..it was more of defense of my fandom. That's all :) I'm just frustrated by Zeke not being the elite back he's been in the past. I know the potential is there. I've seen it. And he's been great on blocking and picking up the blitz. But he used to break tackles better and used to be quicker in maneuvering. I'm not sure if it's physical or mental, but he's not performing up to what we know he can. Given what he's being paid as far as percentage of the cap, he needs to.
I also accept your apology (and you are right btw, I was born in 82). What frustrates me most is the lack of organization the team continues to show. We built a "Romo friendly" offense, then turned it into run heavy with the OL and Demarco, chose not to pay Demarco cause the OL was so good and RB could presumably be easily acquired at less of a cost, than drafted Zeke (which I was ok with), then after paying most of the OL (deciding not to trade any of them for Jamal Adams) and paying Zeke we've now reverted to a passing team? Ok. We have a defensive coordinator that is essentially a DL coach, a Secondary coach that is essentially a defensive coordinator, we've head OCs on the field in the box and on the field again, calling JGs offense, then their own offenses or a hybrid version of theirs and JGs, but no then it's JGs again and wait... no theirs. I think the organizational "structure" of the Cowboys is laughable, and it's pretty embarrassing.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I couldn’t care less about TD’s. I’ll give him credit for the catch and TD against the 3rd worst defense in the league but that’s it.

There have been plenty of teams that have used RB’s or FB’s exclusively for short yardage situations (ie TD’s) and just because they rack them up doesn’t mean they are great. So if we get the ball on the 2-3 yard line, run it 3 times, and Zeke happens to get in 1 of the three then his value goes up as a RB because of the TD? I don’t buy that. Josh Allen has as many rushing TD’s as Zeke, perhaps he’s a better RB than Zeke AND can throw the ball.

Too many variables (ie play calling) to judge a RB’s worth solely on TD’s Joe.

If people want to use that reasoning than look no further than 2018 when Zeke was tied for 20th with Dak for rushing TD’s. Did he not earn his money last year because he only had 6 TD’s? During his stellar 2016 season (thanks to the best line in the league at the time) he had 1600 yards, 15 rushing TD’s and averaged 5.1 ypc. LeGarrette Blount had 1150 yards, 18 TD’s and averaged 3.9 ypc. Who would you rather have?

This year he demanded to be paid as the best and if using TD’s as a measuring stick he is tied for 6th, that is nowhere close to the best. He’s the one that brought the spotlight and standard upon himself with his contract demands, not me, but since he wants to be paid as the best that’s the standard I’m going to hold him to.
LOL, you don't care about TDs. Then you don't care about winning. It seems all you care about is having something to complain about.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Is it even possible to have a RB rush for 150-200 yards, and a QB pass for 400 without 1 or 2 deep ones? Seems this is the only way every fan would be content..

fansince68

Reaction score
He's okay with not performing as long as there is a W (that he had little to nothing to do with). A true competitor hungry for a championship would be like "Yeah, we got a win, but I need to improve. I need to strive to get better."
Zeke had 2 Touchdowns in that game. Blocked for Pollard on one play, many blitz pickups for Dak to be able to get 444 yards passing. Dont just look at the stat sheet when judging performance.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
When Zeke gets going, Dak's numbers are going to lower. People will go off on Dak.
When Dak gets going, Zeke's numbers are going to lower. People will go off on Zeke.
I can't help but feel that fans will never be content or happy.
I also can't help but feel that if we STOPPED PREDICTABLY RUNNING ZEKE UP THE MIDDLE ON 1ST DOWNS, HE'D HAVE MORE YARDS! I mean seriously! We've done that in every game and almost every 1st down since Zeke even came into the league. Like Kellen said, they likely need to approach the run game differently. Let's calm down here.

aria

Reaction score
LOL, you don't care about TDs. Then you don't care about winning. It seems all you care about is having something to complain about.
So in your opinion, TD’s are the major determining factor of what makes a RB good or not?

I care about TD’s but if we had a stud TE or fullback that we could reliably go to every time we’re within the 5 or 10 yard line and they got the TD that wouldn’t change my opinion of the RB. How in the hell do you not understand this? How do you not take into consideration the other players or coaching decisions?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke, that's OK, your QB got little credit for a 66% win rate, it was all about the missed throws.

If anyone watches this OL run block, they see the real problem, inconsistency. Elliott is a power back and he's used that power a lot in his first 3 seasons with more carries than any other back and the majority of those were runs with contact. He's known for "falling forward" because of that power. Bu that wears on any body. It did on Earl Campbell, Jerome Bettis and Christian Okeye.

Just like Marion Barber, Elliott ran with wild abandon hurdling and ramming tacklers. Then he got his deal and knows in order to see that money he has to stay healthy and on the field. Anyone here that thinks they would think different hasn't been there. Barber changed just as Elliott has because he's talked to every great RB with a longer career that 4 years and they've cautioned him. Protect yourself to protect your career.

Guys, you don't think Dorsett and Emmitt didn't counsel him on longevity? They also had better run blocking lines than he has right now and an offense becoming less run dependent as they spent their time on 55-60% run teams.