Twitter: Zeke's agent speaks out

Sydla

Reaction score
No more guarantee than any other employer has after they make you an offer for employment. While you are working for that company you get a weekly check whether you suck at your job or not, right? Same deal.

I work for a corporation that sets certain financial goals and if I don't achieve those goals they can and will replace me with someone who will.

I don't understand why folks are so worried about the owners who are profiting billions every year. They're gonna be okay, I just know it. Players go out and destroy their bodies for a few short years and get tossed to the street when they can no longer do it, so they try to get as much as they can for as long as they can, and no matter what, the owners still turn profits...so what's the problem?

Why do people make this argument?

What the owners are making isn’t the issue. Some people realize this is a capped league and bad contracts hurt a team. Some think paying a TB a huge contract isn’t a wise move.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
People taking Elliott’s side on this....... LOL.

He and his agent are being babies and trying to drum up support for their stance here.

It’s a crappy PR move by them.

Some of us see this for what it is which is negotiation posturing. The people that don't see this, i.e., the anti-Zekes, are the ones causing the emotional commotion thinking the agent's comments are 100% serious and are now "offended" by it. It's like I mention elsewhere that if people have something against someone, anything they can see as negative against that person they will.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I just drafted Pollard for my fantasy team. I hope Zeke sits the whole season.

Sydla

Reaction score
Some of us see this for what it is which is negotiation posturing. The people that don't see this, i.e., the anti-Zekes, are the ones causing the emotional commotion thinking the agent's comments are 100% serious and are now "offended" by it.

Of course it’s posturing. But it still doesn’t make Elliott and his agent sound less like babies here crying about disrespect here.

That’s preposterous.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
You you literallylaughed out loud when you heard it? Smh
sorry to hear about your stuttering problem but yes I laughed out loud, it was a funny line by Jerry....if you're going to go through life being offended every time by some minor slight little comment, you're going to live a miserable life......as my Father used to say, life is tough, times are hard, here's your bleepin Christmas card, suck it up buttercup!!

JayFord

Reaction score
Idk what upsets me more

The zeke holdout or philly fans chiming in and opening their mouths more than they talk about the eagles

I’m sorry eagles fans just disgust me I don’t want to call them disgusting but I’m close

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Of course it’s posturing. But it still doesn’t make Elliott and his agent sound less like babies cryin a out disrespect here.

That’s preposterous.

But if it isn't "really" about disrespect and "is" posturing, then they aren't babies, they're just using strategy. Without emotion in the equation this is easy to see. But if people are anti-Zeke or anti-players*getting-paid then this is truly serious and the worst offense ever by someone they want to believe something negative about.

Blackrain

Reaction score
No more guarantee than any other employer has after they make you an offer for employment. While you are working for that company you get a weekly check whether you suck at your job or not, right? Same deal.

I work for a corporation that sets certain financial goals and if I don't achieve those goals they can and will replace me with someone who will.

I don't understand why folks are so worried about the owners who are profiting billions every year. They're gonna be okay, I just know it. Players go out and destroy their bodies for a few short years and get tossed to the street when they can no longer do it, so they try to get as much as they can for as long as they can, and no matter what, the owners still turn profits...so what's the problem?

Problem is he signed a contract , made a commitment if he wasn't satisfied he should not have signed at that time . Jerry made him a very competitive offer he should take it and get to camp . His off field antics cost Jerry money and Jerry isn't asking for it back . What price do you put on not making the playoffs and having an opportunity to play for a championship .

Sydla

Reaction score
But if it isn't "really" about disrespect and "is" posturing, then they aren't babies, they're just using strategy. Without emotion in the equation this is easy to see. But if people are anti-Zeke or anti-players*getting-paid then this is truly serious and the worst offense ever by someone they want to believe something negative about.

If the posturing is foolish, then yeah, it just makes them sound like babies.

And this posturing is foolish. So they really think Jerry is gonna cave now because poor old Zeke said he felt disrespected?

Dre11

Reaction score
A bit disrespectful even as a joke? Probably. But probably no worse than holding out when you’re still under contract for two years.

Holding out from training camp while under contract is a hardball negotiating tactic. So he can’t get too bent out of shape if Jerry plays hardball back.

Personally I would prefer Jerry not make the little quips like that.

I will add: I wish both sides would get a deal
Done already.

I'll add, Jerry has also went to battle for him and took criticism for his problems, whether he was guilty or not. Then he pulls a holdout 2 years early.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Idk what upsets me more

The zeke holdout or philly fans chiming in and opening their mouths more than they talk about the eagles

I’m sorry eagles fans just disgust me I don’t want to call them disgusting but I’m close

Rooting for the Eagles must be so boring they have to come to Cowboys fan forums.

It must upset them the Cowboys are still America's Team and the Eagles won the Super Bowl two years ago and hardly anybody outside Pennsylvania cares.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
If the posturing is foolish, then yeah, it just makes them sound like babies.

And this posturing is foolish. So they really think Jerry is gonna cave now because poor old Zeke said he felt disrespected?

"Babies" would be truly being emotional about this but this is just an orchestrated ploy to keep this in the press. It's not foolish. It guarantees that Jerry, Stephen and whomever else will continue to get asked about negotiations by the press. Will that speed up negotiations? Maybe not but it can't hurt.

Dre11

Reaction score
This just tells me Zeke knows he *** up trying force Jerry hand after what Jerry did for him.