Twitter: Zeke's agent speaks out

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Oh, don’t do this to me @Corso not here, not now. Don’t publicly disrespect me like this!

You can’t just expect to dance in and out of my life like a moth around a porch light on hot summer night and think it won’t effect our relationship. I thought what we had going was more than just a flash in the pan, it was more than the shallow, sexually charged relationship myself and @Ranching have. I’ll give you 24 hours to respond in kind or I’ll be forced to take it to the next level, and trust me, you don’t want that. Or maybe you do ;):oops:
Don't worry... 'bout a 'ting.
'Cause every little 'ting
Gonna be alright...

Cowfan75

Reaction score
No, you got sucked in by the agent like Elliott did. It was a joke. Everyone knows it. If you can't get over it you need to grow up.

Lol..what? Sucked in by the agent like Elliott did? We know it was a joke..a bad joke, but still a joke. Don't wet yourself defending Jerrah.

DaleMc

Reaction score
Zeke expects respect when he isn't showing any?, the CBA may say a rookie and negotiate after their third year but holding out isn't negotiating, its taking your ball and going home because you are mad. So many of these players are selfish and put themselves over the team which doesn't lend itself to championships. I like Zeke,he is a good player but he is being a baby IMO

aria

Reaction score
Don't worry... 'bout a 'ting.
'Cause every little 'ting
Gonna be alright...
Whew! There you are, you’re such a tease! I’ll take it though, good to see ya back buddy.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

Per Mort at :espn:

Funny that his agent is claiming that he's still in Los Cabos. Did he fly back already?

:popcorn:

giphy.gif

cds99

Reaction score
A bit disrespectful even as a joke? Probably. But probably no worse than holding out when you’re still under contract for two years.

Holding out from training camp while under contract is a hardball negotiating tactic. So he can’t get too bent out of shape if Jerry plays hardball back.

Personally I would prefer Jerry not make the little quips like that.

I will add: I wish both sides would get a deal
Done already.

Get a deal done? They did get a deal done, when he was drafted with the 4th overall pick and he inked his contract. I would tell him to get his *** to work. Period. Players like him think they can leverage against a contract that they signed and said they would play for. Suck it up butter cup to all the players I would have to say.

khiladi

Reaction score
I find it absolutely hilarious they are talking about disrespect. How about showing respect to the guy that stuck his neck out for you when you missed 6 game because of your poor choice in women and not holding out with 2 years left on your deal?

Stuck his neck out? Please.. What did Jerry have to lose other than watching his team get blown out by good teams and flounder against mediocrity. Jerry wanted to win..

HungryLion

Reaction score
Get a deal done? They did get a deal done, when he was drafted with the 4th overall pick and he inked his contract. I would tell him to get his *** to work. Period. Players like him think they can leverage against a contract that they signed and said they would play for. Suck it up butter cup to all the players I would have to say.

That’s fantastic

khiladi

Reaction score
Dallas already said they prefer to negotiate before contracts expire to lock player up before they hit free agency. Dallas already said they wanted to get a deal done.

They put a contract out there for Zeke that Zeke felt was low-balling him.

VACowboy

Reaction score
This is long. I really don't expect anyone to read much of it but this issue and all the BS about "doing business" bugs me, all the talk among fans and media about who really wants to win and who doesn't, who should want to win and who “doing business” is an ok excuse to not to.

Anyway…

I wish Jerry had kept his mouth shut, but the idea that Zeke’s feelings have been crushed by a two-word quote? Please. This whole pathetic thing reeks of an agent desperate to find leverage for a client he's given a bum steer. If Rocky and Zeke are feeling disrespected by Jerry joking about Zeke not being in camp, maybe they should think about the wisdom of their strategy.

Because I don’t know what Rocky expects. He fired the first shot when he counseled his client that the best way to get a deal done with Jerry Jones was to play hardball with two years left on his contract. I obviously don’t know the tenor of the talk that had taken place to that point but judging from pressers and interviews, the team was completely ambushed when Zeke didn’t show up in Oxnard.

But Rocky didn’t just have his client skip camp. He had him skip camp and go to fricking Cabo, rub Jerry’s nose in it a little bit. He knew what he was doing, and it was obvious that Jerry took it that way too. Rocky and Zeke didn’t seem so all about respect when they thought they had the team over a barrel, did they?

So camp cranks up and word starts to trickle out of Oxnard about the rookie RB’s excellent work, and I think anyone who’s honest will admit they thought this was just the Cowboys posturing. I did. Maybe it was. But then Saturday night happens, and it’s just one game against backup LA Rams, but there was no Tyron Smith, Zach Martin or Amari Cooper on the field either. And Pollard didn’t just have a good night. He tore those scrubs up to the tune of 8.4 yards a carry, one catch for nine yards and a 14-yard stomp through the Rams defense into the end zone.

Now everyone sees that maybe the kid really can play, and though we all know the Cowboys are better with 21 lining up behind Dak and Tony Pollard hasn’t won anything yet but a meaningless preseason exhibition in Honolulu, I bet a vast majority of us were also thinking the same thing, including Rocky and Zeke relaxing back in Frisco, that maybe the Cowboys can win some games with this kid.

But Jerry has to go and say something stupid and careless in the rush of the moment, like he always does. Two words get extracted from the interview, a bad joke about the electively absent Elliot, and blown out of proportion by his agent as he stares down the prospect of the Cowboys maybe being ok without the client he has steered to into this clusterflub. He can’t say or do anything else about the mess he’s made so he defaults to poor athlete mode and whines about disrespect. Masterful business Mister Arceneaux!

I don’t buy the “Zeke is just doing business” argument. I buy that that’s what he’s doing but I don’t buy the idea that he has no choice or that because he’s “just doing business” it’s cool, or even makes much sense. He’s not trying to pry more cash out of Jerry’s tight fist. He’s trying to claim a bigger chunk for himself from the pile of change from which all players are paid.

Every dime Zeke demands he knows will come straight out of the pockets of teammates who are making a hell of a lot less than he is. Every dollar spent to keep Elliot is a dollar the team doesn’t have to keep other players. And the more Zeke makes the weaker the team gets. I’m not saying Zeke should give a damn about anything but making as much money as he can. It’s his life. But the hypocrisy of fans who bash Jerry for doing the same thing is really annoying.

I think Jerry wants to win. Doesn’t cost him any more to put a good team together than it does a bad one, and the more the team wins the more money he makes. It just so happens that he also wants to be the guy in charge of building the team and he isn’t very good at it.

I don’t know what to think about player logic. I understand wanting to make as much money as you can, but this isn’t baseball. The pot isn’t unlimited. All teams have the same amount of money to spend retaining players and it seems to me that at some point either the spirit of competition has to take over or the reality that everyone makes more money when we win has to kick in, and the players become satisfied with a slightly smaller paycheck for the sake of dubs and the millions more they can make by winning in Dallas. I guess the prestige of a bigger contract or something else I’m missing is more attractive to players than the glory and piles of advocation and other money that come with high-level success on the field.

This all comes down to the CBA by which all players agree to live their professional lives. Yeah, it’s crappy that a guy can get dumped before he gets the money ownership agreed to pay him, but the NFLPA gave up the fight on the behalf of all players to have guaranteed contracts in exchange for stuff like fewer and easier practices.

The players deserve better, no doubt. They do make huge sacrifices to play football, but the truth is that no one is holding a gun to their heads and making them enter the world of the NFL. Their eyes are wide open. All they have to do if they prefer good health and long life to big money and the bright lights of pro football is go to class, get serious about the education their athletic ability is paying for and when their four years are up do something other than declare for the NFL draft, just like the rest of us. Guys are still choosing to play RB. I’m a selfish PoS too. I’m glad they still do it because I love watching football, but I don’t feel sorry for them.

Dre11

Reaction score
Don't hate on a man for trying to get paid. Is your job performance related or are you a clock watcher. If your job is performance related you should probably understand his plight.

I don't hate him for getting paid, obviously you didn't read the thread, you're just spouting off as usual. He signed the contract with 2 years left, it was his peers that let the owners have a pay scale for rookies coming out. He can ask for more , but he also could be here just like Coop and Dak. I also doubt most people can stay home from work and demand more money, you'd be fired.

Iago33

Reaction score
You really think he was offended?
I don’t, which is why I said “if.” I think they’re both playing hardball. You seemed to believe he should be offended by Jerry’s “joke.”

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’d rather see him go to AZ and see how many yards he racks up without a top O line. I would buy the NFL package just to watch him suffer and throw side line temper tantrums Odiva style when he keeps getting hit in the backfield. Hell, he may even go all Denver on them and just quit in the middle of a play after getting hammered all night (and not the way he likes).

That would be gratifying indeed.

slick325

Reaction score
Zeke is saying "Dallas who" by not being here with his team.

False...Zeke is saying, Jerry and Stephen you KNOW who is the straw that stirs this drink. Stop playing and start paying.

kskboys

Reaction score
This is long. I really don't expect anyone to read much of it but this issue and all the BS about "doing business" bugs me, all the talk among fans and media about who really wants to win and who doesn't, who should want to win and who “doing business” is an ok excuse to not to.

Anyway…

I wish Jerry had kept his mouth shut, but the idea that Zeke’s feelings have been crushed by a two-word quote? Please. This whole pathetic thing reeks of an agent desperate to find leverage for a client he's given a bum steer. If Rocky and Zeke are feeling disrespected by Jerry joking about Zeke not being in camp, maybe they should think about the wisdom of their strategy.

Because I don’t know what Rocky expects. He fired the first shot when he counseled his client that the best way to get a deal done with Jerry Jones was to play hardball with two years left on his contract. I obviously don’t know the tenor of the talk that had taken place to that point but judging from pressers and interviews, the team was completely ambushed when Zeke didn’t show up in Oxnard.

But Rocky didn’t just have his client skip camp. He had him skip camp and go to fricking Cabo, rub Jerry’s nose in it a little bit. He knew what he was doing, and it was obvious that Jerry took it that way too. Rocky and Zeke didn’t seem so all about respect when they thought they had the team over a barrel, did they?

So camp cranks up and word starts to trickle out of Oxnard about the rookie RB’s excellent work, and I think anyone who’s honest will admit they thought this was just the Cowboys posturing. I did. Maybe it was. But then Saturday night happens, and it’s just one game against backup LA Rams, but there was no Tyron Smith, Zach Martin or Amari Cooper on the field either. And Pollard didn’t just have a good night. He tore those scrubs up to the tune of 8.4 yards a carry, one catch for nine yards and a 14-yard stomp through the Rams defense into the end zone.

Now everyone sees that maybe the kid really can play, and though we all know the Cowboys are better with 21 lining up behind Dak and Tony Pollard hasn’t won anything yet but a meaningless preseason exhibition in Honolulu, I bet a vast majority of us were also thinking the same thing, including Rocky and Zeke relaxing back in Frisco, that maybe the Cowboys can win some games with this kid.

But Jerry has to go and say something stupid and careless in the rush of the moment, like he always does. Two words get extracted from the interview, a bad joke about the electively absent Elliot, and blown out of proportion by his agent as he stares down the prospect of the Cowboys maybe being ok without the client he has steered to into this clusterflub. He can’t say or do anything else about the mess he’s made so he defaults to poor athlete mode and whines about disrespect. Masterful business Mister Arceneaux!

I don’t buy the “Zeke is just doing business” argument. I buy that that’s what he’s doing but I don’t buy the idea that he has no choice or that because he’s “just doing business” it’s cool, or even makes much sense. He’s not trying to pry more cash out of Jerry’s tight fist. He’s trying to claim a bigger chunk for himself from the pile of change from which all players are paid.

Every dime Zeke demands he knows will come straight out of the pockets of teammates who are making a hell of a lot less than he is. Every dollar spent to keep Elliot is a dollar the team doesn’t have to keep other players. And the more Zeke makes the weaker the team gets. I’m not saying Zeke should give a damn about anything but making as much money as he can. It’s his life. But the hypocrisy of fans who bash Jerry for doing the same thing is really annoying.

I think Jerry wants to win. Doesn’t cost him any more to put a good team together than it does a bad one, and the more the team wins the more money he makes. It just so happens that he also wants to be the guy in charge of building the team and he isn’t very good at it.

I don’t know what to think about player logic. I understand wanting to make as much money as you can, but this isn’t baseball. The pot isn’t unlimited. All teams have the same amount of money to spend retaining players and it seems to me that at some point either the spirit of competition has to take over or the reality that everyone makes more money when we win has to kick in, and the players become satisfied with a slightly smaller paycheck for the sake of dubs and the millions more they can make by winning in Dallas. I guess the prestige of a bigger contract or something else I’m missing is more attractive to players than the glory and piles of advocation and other money that come with high-level success on the field.

This all comes down to the CBA by which all players agree to live their professional lives. Yeah, it’s crappy that a guy can get dumped before he gets the money ownership agreed to pay him, but the NFLPA gave up the fight on the behalf of all players to have guaranteed contracts in exchange for stuff like fewer and easier practices.

The players deserve better, no doubt. They do make huge sacrifices to play football, but the truth is that no one is holding a gun to their heads and making them enter the world of the NFL. Their eyes are wide open. All they have to do if they prefer good health and long life to big money and the bright lights of pro football is go to class, get serious about the education their athletic ability is paying for and when their four years are up do something other than declare for the NFL draft, just like the rest of us. Guys are still choosing to play RB. I’m a selfish PoS too. I’m glad they still do it because I love watching football, but I don’t feel sorry for them.
Very very very well stated!!!!!

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
It was an OBVIOUS JOKE. Only a sensitive, little prima donna would get upset over that. Zeke’s act has gotten so old.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Except Emmitt was better, had just won a Super Bowl and wasn't a complete turd off the field.

And 22 was no longer under contract I believe - whereas Zeke is, for at least one and probably 2 more when 5th year option would be taken (at decent pay, maybe not 15 million though)....

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don't hate him for getting paid, obviously you didn't read the thread, you're just spouting off as usual. He signed the contract with 2 years left, it was his peers that let the owners have a pay scale for rookies coming out. He can ask for more , but he also could be here just like Coop and Dak. I also doubt most people can stay home from work and demand more money, you'd be fired.
Depends on how great your performance is and how much money you make your boss. I hope he gets paid he deserves it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Depends on how great your performance is and how much money you make your boss. I hope he gets paid he deserves it.
I"m simply more interested in my team winning a super bowl than an individual player getting a huge contract.

And he's already been paid.