Twitter: Zeke's declining yard average per year

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same run blocking as early in the season. Overall the OL graded out above average but zeke didn't. Yes that is your narrative, your narrow point of view blaming the OL. They aren't great but better than average. Plenty of guys wishing they could run behind this OL. They just can't make up for zekes lack of explosiveness. More excuses. He's a good short yardage and goal line power back with superb blocking skills who's running ability has been in decline for the last few years. Blame whomever you want though.
Let me ask you a simple question.....how many yards or ypc did tony have running up the middle? And...if you watch zeke 2021 highlights....and tell me hes toast....you really are a pure hater.
You think this view makes you more in the know....a better football and cowboys fan. I think it makes you look dumb. Not saying you are...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone who is struggling to accept that a RB is declining after years of tread on his tires should just be ignored. You don't understand patterns of positions and you have fanboy goggles on.

Zeke is nowhere near what he used to be and what he used to be was gone in a flash. Nature of the position and building your team around an RB and giving him a sizable contract tells you how out of touch the Jones' family is when it comes to modern football.
If you are looking at me wgen you say that....i tell you again....its not what i said.

Of course a rb will "be in decline" after heavy use....and especially having one of the best rookie rb seasons ever. But i look at early 2021 season, pre injury.....i dont see a rb that is "done". All im sayin

fredp22

Reaction score
Zeke could care less.
his yard per carry may keep going down but his pay per game keeps going up. He screwed Jerry and is done. what incentive does he have to do any better?
Moore or OL isnt to blame- Jerry is

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let me ask you a simple question.....how many yards or ypc did tony have running up the middle? And...if you watch zeke 2021 highlights....and tell me hes toast....you really are a pure hater.
You think this view makes you more in the know....a better football and cowboys fan. I think it makes you look dumb. Not saying you are...

Luckily no one's cares what you think. I don't care what others think I'm not trying to suck up to anyone. I don't hate Zeke but facts are he's lost a couple steps as most RB's do. You can view that as hate all you want.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Luckily no one's cares what you think. I don't care what others think I'm not trying to suck up to anyone. I don't hate Zeke but facts are he's lost a couple steps as most RB's do. You can view that as hate all you want.
Welll thank our lucky stars the feeling is mutual.
So now we're arguing if zeke has lost a step. I never said otherwise. I said o line and km share blame in running game woes...along with zeke.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
LOL Zeke defenders be like he isn't the worst in the NFL he is the 5th worst as if that is somehow even close to good. Check his yards per pass attempt I bet it is even worse than his yards per pass completion.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Get a running back top 3 rounds next year, not this. There is no transition. No need to waste a potential starting player on your team.
Yes but if they cut Elliott and don't resign Pollard (I'd prefer to not have a second RB contract ever again) then they will go into next year's draft needing two of them.

They aren't going to do that, and we know we keep our own vs signing anyone else's players, plus there will be Pollard jerseys left on the shelves....which all adds up to overpaying for him if we don't draft a RB this year.

I fully HOPE they understand this and use one of those many 5ths on one, and maybe the same next year.