Zekes injuction hearing scheduled for Oct 30

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Don't like how confident the NFL sounded today in regards to getting their way this time. The TRO was given by a more senior judge... don't see why this returning judge would rule different

They have no choice, but they will lose again.

NorthDalal

Reaction score
To those of us following the legal side of this case closely.The NFL lawyers have been issuing condescending and overly confidant press releases all along.At first they matched this up with "inside leaks" to friendly reporters that Article 46 would prevail without condition, then it was a bunch of non-sense about how Brady was a precedent.The latest blustering from the NFL side is designed to halt the momentum in the press that the procedure was flawed and three judges in different jurisdictions have raised the issue of Fundamental Fairness required for an arbitration hearing to be valid.The press has begun to figure this out and has shifted towards Zeke and the NFLPA's logic this week after Judge Crotty excoriated their arguments.They are working on the forum nervous-nellies,and underinformed fans,and Eagles,Commanders,Giants fans....... now with the "Zeke should take his punishment" non-sense.Zeke's side is smart with wins and now threatens to alter this case as one that will take on the core issue of "Is there evidence he actually did it.?" The NFL is fearful of confront that issue since they have nothing but a complaintant with a changing story and inconguous made up timeline,a bar fight with another woman witnessed by 4 bouncers(two off-duty police),& witnesses who swore their were no bruises at pool party previously when she stripped down to underwear(Yes she did) to swim and text messages showing her arranging fake witnesses who ended up not backing up her story.This is going to bit Goodell in the butt and change NFL procedures going forward.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Yep right on cue for the NFL.

They'll rule in NFL favor on the 30th. Zeke gets suspended all of November and half of December.

Best way to crush any chance of Dallas getting it going at the right time and opens the door wide open for the Eagles to just waltz into the playoffs with the division.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Yep right on cue for the NFL.

They'll rule in NFL favor on the 30th. Zeke gets suspended all of November and half of December.

Best way to crush any chance of Dallas getting it going at the right time and opens the door wide open for the Eagles to just waltz into the playoffs with the division.
Yes because the NFL would prefer to have the Eagles in the playoffs rather than the Dallas Cowboys ratings juggernaut.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Believe we are going to see a lot happen over the next several weeks and not because of just the Zeke case with the NFL but the whole suspension and investigation methods the NFL uses. The unfairness of how the NFL is doling out suspensions will be called into question because the way the arbitration is working could affect all business and employees, and that is the big deal. But for the sake of argument, lets look at the facts.
1. It is in the world minds except the NFL, that the arbitration was unfair and everyone including the NFL knows why, and that is they obviously wanted to hide facts.

2. A federal judge in Texas ruled for Zeke and mainly because the arbitration was unfair, see #1.

3. The 5th Court Circuit of Appeals Federal ruled 2-1 that the NFLPA jumped the gun in Texas so upheld the suspension while in their decision believed the arbitration to be unfair.

4. The NFLPA and Elliott are petitioning the 5th Court for an en blanc hearing in front of all 9 judges in the 5th to as I understand it the whole case i.e. Elliott, accuser, anyone else part of the case, Henderson, Goodell and very possibly other players and owners could be called. Will it be granted, stay tuned.

5. The NFL's favorite court, Southern District of New York Federal Court granted a temporary stay based on waiting on the 5th Court and telling the NFL that the arbitration was unfair and it is nothing like the Brady case that the NFL seems to want everyone to believe.

6. So by my count, at least 3 Federal judges have told the NFL that they are in the wrong.

7. Now NFL wants the Southern District judge to have a hearing before Oct 30th which has already been set for 10 AM that day.

8. It was the senior judge in the Southern District that temporarily ruled for Zeke, so someone want to tell me why another judge not as senior overrule him and if she did would it not be something she could later regret if she did. Is the NFL trying to bully her? Would seems so or they have so much dirt on her that she is compromised in dealing with the case.

9. The NFL keeps saying this will not hurt Zeke at all which is wrong legally, morally, and ethically. It is his name and he should fight to vindicate his name especially if he is innocent, at least that's what I fought to protect in VietNam or is the NFL saying they are above the law of the land and a dictatorship.

10 If the NFL does win the case, then every person to go before an arbitrator whether it is the NFL or any other company will suffer harm, great harm. And worst of all, they will have trampled the Bill of Rights.

Yes, my opinions and agree or not but I thank God I have the right to express those opinions in this country.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Believe we are going to see a lot happen over the next several weeks and not because of just the Zeke case with the NFL but the whole suspension and investigation methods the NFL uses. The unfairness of how the NFL is doling out suspensions will be called into question because the way the arbitration is working could affect all business and employees, and that is the big deal. But for the sake of argument, lets look at the facts.
1. It is in the world minds except the NFL, that the arbitration was unfair and everyone including the NFL knows why, and that is they obviously wanted to hide facts.

2. A federal judge in Texas ruled for Zeke and mainly because the arbitration was unfair, see #1.

3. The 5th Court Circuit of Appeals Federal ruled 2-1 that the NFLPA jumped the gun in Texas so upheld the suspension while in their decision believed the arbitration to be unfair.

4. The NFLPA and Elliott are petitioning the 5th Court for an en blanc hearing in front of all 9 judges in the 5th to as I understand it the whole case i.e. Elliott, accuser, anyone else part of the case, Henderson, Goodell and very possibly other players and owners could be called. Will it be granted, stay tuned.

5. The NFL's favorite court, Southern District of New York Federal Court granted a temporary stay based on waiting on the 5th Court and telling the NFL that the arbitration was unfair and it is nothing like the Brady case that the NFL seems to want everyone to believe.

6. So by my count, at least 3 Federal judges have told the NFL that they are in the wrong.

7. Now NFL wants the Southern District judge to have a hearing before Oct 30th which has already been set for 10 AM that day.

8. It was the senior judge in the Southern District that temporarily ruled for Zeke, so someone want to tell me why another judge not as senior overrule him and if she did would it not be something she could later regret if she did. Is the NFL trying to bully her? Would seems so or they have so much dirt on her that she is compromised in dealing with the case.

9. The NFL keeps saying this will not hurt Zeke at all which is wrong legally, morally, and ethically. It is his name and he should fight to vindicate his name especially if he is innocent, at least that's what I fought to protect in VietNam or is the NFL saying they are above the law of the land and a dictatorship.

10 If the NFL does win the case, then every person to go before an arbitrator whether it is the NFL or any other company will suffer harm, great harm. And worst of all, they will have trampled the Bill of Rights.

Yes, my opinions and agree or not but I thank God I have the right to express those opinions in this country.
So let me get this straight. The NFL is petitioning the court to expedite the Oct. 30th hearing? Don't those morons know the presiding Judge is on vacation and set that date? Lol, imbeciles.

diefree666

Reaction score

That is about as good a summing up of this whole mess as I have read anywhere.

diefree666

Reaction score
More and more I am certain this talk about a settlement is coming from the NFL. Their worst nightmare would be Goodell on the stand being worked by Kessler. One thing about a hearing like that- while both sides might have the same opportunities - the NFL has such a weak case and so many things to 'explain' that am willing to bet NONE of their lawyers want to be stuck trying to justify their hot garbage of so called due process and correct procedure.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Yes because the NFL would prefer to have the Eagles in the playoffs rather than the Dallas Cowboys ratings juggernaut.

I don't think the NFL cares if Dallas is in the playoffs or not to be honest.

It's not like Dallas has been making extended trips into the playoffs for the last 20 years and the NFL has continued to move right along.

So, yeah, the Cowboys being in would be nice for ratings but they're not going to give a crap about that.

Especially when it means they can stick it to a player at a more crucial time.

Which I do believe means a hell of a lot more to Goodell then rather Dallas gives them some ratings for the one week they're in the playoffs.