Twitter: Zeke's rookie burst is back

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Risen Star, May 13, 2022.

1. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

10,344 Messages
    11,832 Likes Received
    Better than ever.

2. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

26,836 Messages
    19,478 Likes Received
    if you haven't noticed its the NFL, the injuries aren't a zeke thing lmao..i mean have you checked the teams injury lists? Ravens lost like 6 starters before game 2 ..it happens. It actually happens to college players and oh wait HS players who are much younger. Wait did i mention its FOOTBALL, we see players go down non contact in practices have horrific injuries in preseason games..

all we can hope is he can manage to stay healthy..im focusing on the present and moving forward not dwelling on the past and BTW Pollards missed as many games in 3 seasons as Zeke has in 8+ years goi back to college. He was banged up the last month as well..zekes fault??? blame the coaches again, how about the trainers LOL

off with their heads.. i can not believe players get hurt in the nFL..shocking. Dak had 2 injuries in 2021 whole recovering form his major injury in 2020..like i said Zekes tough he fought to stay on the field for his team and all he gets is hate..:facepalm::rolleyes::popcorn:

Bullflop and fivetwos like this.
  3. Ranched

Ranched "We Are Penn State"

32,885 Messages
    80,225 Likes Received
    This guy....:rolleyes:

4. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

24,381 Messages
    22,607 Likes Received
    if this is true, it would be the first time in human history that an NFL rb actually got faster with age. Im calling BS here.

5. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

26,836 Messages
    19,478 Likes Received
    not hard to believe its straight line in shorts non pads and no defense running at you type data.. i see retired guys like TO etc still have close to their playing era speed at 40 yrs old..yes these are athletes Premium professionals that heal up over the offseason have fresh legs and yes its believable..
    doesn't mean anything come regular season game accepts zekes healthy and fresh. they said this last year showed video he was mocked but first 7 games he showed all the reports were correct..he was faster had some cut and wiggle back gut two injuries that took it all away,

6. CoachD

CoachD Well-Known Member

1,493 Messages
    1,520 Likes Received
    Did he go to Cabo to get in shape again?

Rayman70 likes this.
  7. TheDude

TheDude McLovin

10,829 Messages
    9,101 Likes Received
    If we play against stationary tackle dummies he may go for 12 yards

Rayman70 and Whyjerry like this.
  8. TheDude

TheDude McLovin

10,829 Messages
    9,101 Likes Received
    How far is the race? 20 yards and zeke can fall forward and break the tape with that head

9. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

11,821 Messages
    18,837 Likes Received
    Lol yeah right. Didn’t we hear the same crap last year. I remember that stupid video.

Rayman70 likes this.
  10. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

24,381 Messages
    22,607 Likes Received
    last 3 years,exactly same thing every offseasn. The local team media..ie Fish, regurgitates the same shiet every year in May.

Whyjerry and charron like this.
  11. plasticman

plasticman Well-Known Member

6,012 Messages
    10,075 Likes Received
    Just great!

Okay, what did he burst this time?

12. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

48,564 Messages
    26,453 Likes Received
    I heard how fast he can wave himself out of the game after a short run improved to 30 mph.
    Speed kills.

13. charron

charron Well-Known Member

10,017 Messages
    10,528 Likes Received
    RB's typically look great to start the year....think he will still look good after 6 games?

14. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

15,169 Messages
    19,183 Likes Received
    It's because of the contract, which he didn't give to himself.

YPC is of course gonna get noticed when you're making 15 million, or whatever it is, but realistically they needed someone to pick up dudes ready to tear Daks head off on pass plays.

His eventual replacement is going to need to have that same ability, and I was hoping to get that guy in the past draft, but it didn't happen.

I think Malik Davis has a good shot to make the team as a 3rd down type of back. We haven't had that threat since Dunbar and that wrinkle would help overall IMO.

15. StarChamber_33

StarChamber_33 Well-Known Member

308 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    This could very well be Zeke's final year as a Dallas Cowboy, so Rookie Burst or not, he will be running the ball with Extra determination and Added motivation..

16. Floatyworm

Floatyworm The Labeled One

18,428 Messages
    16,355 Likes Received
    A haircut and get rid of the stupid jewelry would do him a hell of a lot more. Time to grow up kid. :popcorn:

17. VaqueroTD

VaqueroTD Well-Known Member

2,366 Messages
    5,196 Likes Received
    Meh. Been hearing this every season. No one overrates like our beloved Cowboys.

18. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

44,436 Messages
    29,644 Likes Received
    He never had a burst

19. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

10,622 Messages
    8,905 Likes Received
    And he likely had to do the plant and cut this and that to compensate for in hole, in space burst

this article and many other incoming articles are gonna be placed, based off the concern and perception that zeke no longer has burst and home run speed. Which also comes the speculation that the Cowboys will cut Zeke after this season - as one of those "hard " decisions to come.

Fact is Zeke was not displaying former burst and speed before that knee injury in the prior years.
    i thought he ran well in 2019 with Pollard's help to allow the Cowboys finished 5th in the NFL in rushing.
    But that was bell cow workhorse Zeke. .. that wasn't a guy that could pull away from defenders on off tackle runs and quick RB screens in 2016.

In 2018, Zeke only had one run of over 40 yards vs Seattle for (which he also fumbled on that play)
    We can keep making the excuses for ZKE... per bad OL , ..bad coach run scheme and design,..bad knee,..Skip Hicks offseason program ,etc. ... but fact is he no longer possesses idea burst.

20. GORICO

GORICO Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    5,941 Messages
    5,501 Likes Received
    mr Risen---i did not think you too got caught up in the hype....Zeke has his "twitch" back......or back to 2016 form?......now i know the country has been invaded they even got Risen....i hope Dowdle and #20

along with our new LG and in a little while our new center will start tearing up the league and forcing safeties down and then we toss over the top----TD baby