News: Zeke's swan song season

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That's called a signing bonus. Literally every player in the league gets the same exact thing when they sign an extension.

You're wrong about this too.. Zeke got a lot more than a 7.5 million dollar signing bonus on his deal. He also got a 13 million dollar "option bonus" and and 8.6 million dollar "restructure bonus." Just because Jerry and the agent played games with the wording doesn't change one thing about it.. Zeke got more money because of his holdout. A lot more.. Down here in Texas we call that a raise.

Flamma

Reaction score
You're arguing semantics here and not very well. If he didn't want a raise why didn't he simply get an extension that continued to pay him 6 mil a year?
drumroll please
because he wanted a raise.

And he knew that if he did not get the money when he did the Cowboys were going to ride the hell out of him for two more years and kick him to the scrapheap without his ever having gotten the big deal contract his play warranted at the time. Again if the Cowboys had known at that time that they were going to turn the reigns of the offense over to a guy who never saw a down that didn't look like a passing down to him then they absolutely should NOT have signed the deal. But hindsight is always 20/20.

I agree with you. But people are saying he didn't honor his contract. I'm also in a union, and we're going to get a new contract in 2 years, and a raise. That doesn't mean I'm not honoring my current contract. Even if we went on strike, that doesn't mean we're not honoring the current contract.

Many people are under the impression that the extension he got wiped out his two remaining years and paid him more. That never happened. He held out to negotiate a future contract.

Flamma

Reaction score
You're wrong about this too.. Zeke got a lot more than a 7.5 million dollar signing bonus on his deal. He also got a 13 million dollar "option bonus" and and 8.6 million dollar "restructure bonus." Just because Jerry and the agent played games with the wording doesn't change one thing about it.. Zeke got more money because of his holdout. A lot more.. Down here in Texas we call that a raise.

I'm talking about at signing. That was 7.5M. The option bonus was his 5th year option!! The restructure bonus came during his extension, not at signing, and not at any time during his rookie deal. I'm not wrong about anything.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
At no point has anyone argued any such thing .. go back under your bridge..

Wait a minute now................you just showed statistical evidence that Zeke is faster than Turpin. You truly believe that.

Ive never seen anyone as delusional as you. Actually I have. There is two of you that are so blind on Zeke, its scary. Almost reminds me of the Garrett apologists.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
But not yet. Might as well relax, we have no control over it. Enjoy the ride!

Are you enjoying the ride? LOL

I dont enjoy watching Zeke dive up the middle for 3 yards all year long. Reminds me of Eddie George and Parcells.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Wait a minute now................you just showed statistical evidence that Zeke is faster than Turpin. You truly believe that.

Ive never seen anyone as delusional as you. Actually I have. There is two of you that are so blind on Zeke, its scary. Almost reminds me of the Garrett apologists.

Either your level of reading comprehension is laughable or you're absent from under your bridge. 20.66 is less than 20.85. If that math is too complicated for you then take it up with your teachers..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Either your level of reading comprehension is laughable or you're absent from under your bridge. 20.66 is less than 20.85. If that math is too complicated for you then take it up with your teachers..

No, its cool bro. Zeke is a top 5 back, he is elite, fast, and he is faster than Turpin. LOL

ESisback

Reaction score

I dont enjoy watching Zeke dive up the middle for 3 yards all year long. Reminds me of Eddie George and Parcells.

Enjoying the ride? More often than not, yes. Nothing’s perfect. It’s like a marriage—take the good with the bad. The worst part for me isn’t even the runaway greed, rule changes, or the nonstop injury train. It’s the constant crying and misery by over serious “realists”. It’s a game. No one here works for the team!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Enjoying the ride? More often than not, yes. Nothing’s perfect. It’s like a marriage—take the good with the bad. The worst part for me isn’t even the runaway greed, rule changes, or the nonstop injury train. It’s the constant crying and misery by over serious “realists”. It’s a game. No one here works for the team!

Casual fan!! Thats cool. No issues.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

In the NFL world we call that a huge mistake. Whenever a pundit writes a story about some of the worst contracts in the NFL Zeke is always either the #1 or at the top of the list.

ESisback

Reaction score
I don’t care about the contract “language”. If his checks were larger after that, he MAKES MORE MONEY! That’s called a raise! You are right, sir!

Sydla

Reaction score
I don’t care about the contract “language”. If his checks were larger after that, he MAKES MORE MONEY! That’s called a raise! You are right, sir!

I am honestly perplexed at what you two are arguing about. You seem to be saying the same thing.

ESisback

Reaction score

Yeah, I always wondered—why does he just run into the back of his blockers?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah, I always wondered—why does he just run into the back of his blockers?

Some people that dont understand what is happening will tell you that Moore only calls plays for Zeke to run up the middle.