Zeke's workload must be moderated

T-RO

Reaction score
He has to learn to take less shots. The one he got the penalty on was silly. He should have just gone out of bounds. Those kinds of hits will shorten you career quick. He needs to sit down with Emmitt who knew how to avoid taking big shots

He was gaining extra yards in a tight game. No way I criticize that.

T-RO

Reaction score
Can’t lose momentum beat Indy!!!

A season isn't a sprint. Gotta have something left come playoffs. The team needs to--and will--lighten the load in upcoming games.

movaughn88

Reaction score
Zeke is the best player we have had on this team since the 90s. I can't even comprehend the punishment he gives out and takes without being hurt.

cern

Reaction score
40 Touches today and Zeke was an amazing warrior throughout. We couldn't afford to hold back today as it was a key game. But coaches will need to start to think about his readiness for the playoffs. He took a ton of hits today.

Dallas will need to use him more sparingly in the next few weeks.
It does bear watching.

mldardy

Reaction score
40 Touches today and Zeke was an amazing warrior throughout. We couldn't afford to hold back today as it was a key game. But coaches will need to start to think about his readiness for the playoffs. He took a ton of hits today.

No they don't. He had his moderation early in the season and will probably get one before the end of the season because the last game of the season we'll rest our starters but he doesn't need to be moderated or whatever.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
There is 0 reason to run him into the ground. I was all for giving him the ball as much as possible today cause a win today pretty much clinched the division. The next 3 weeks (unless a miracle) pretty much only have a bearing on seeding.

cern

Reaction score
He has to learn to take less shots. The one he got the penalty on was silly. He should have just gone out of bounds. Those kinds of hits will shorten you career quick. He needs to sit down with Emmitt who knew how to avoid taking big shots
I didn't think it was a penalty. He was being pushed down from behind. I might be biased.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Rest vs. rust will be a big question mark for this team in the final weeks of the season. Do we want our guys fresh? Or do we want this offense -- which features a lot of new parts still figuring each other out -- to continue getting more time together.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
A season isn't a sprint. Gotta have something left come playoffs. The team needs to--and will--lighten the load in upcoming games.

We’ll see, it will show up in the outcome of the game...

T-RO

Reaction score
No they don't. He had his moderation early in the season and will probably get one before the end of the season because the last game of the season we'll rest our starters but he doesn't need to be moderated or whatever.

Moderation?

Zeke was already the most heavily used back before today. And today?
40 touches is equivalent to almost THREE GAMES for most running backs.*

*The average back gets about 15 carries and maybe a few receptions per game.

mldardy

Reaction score
Moderation?

Zeke was already the most heavily used back before today. And today?
40 touches is equivalent to almost THREE GAMES for most running backs.*

*The average back gets about 15 carries and maybe a few receptions per game.
So what. We needed him for everyone of those touches. He's not going to get touches like that every game but today it was needed. Stop whining and enjoy the damn win. You people can't enjoy anything with finding some bs to complain about.

Goodness it's like you go thru the entire box score saying 'Let's see what I can find to complain about? No not that, not that, ehh not that either, oh here we go. Go to cowboyszone, click Post New Thread.' Whining begins.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Activate Darius Jackson instead of Rico "the legend" Gathers.

Jarwin and Schultz held down the TE position today, and Jackson can help lessen the load on Zeke the next 3 weeks.

T-RO

Reaction score
There is 0 reason to run him into the ground. I was all for giving him the ball as much as possible today cause a win today pretty much clinched the division. The next 3 weeks (unless a miracle) pretty much only have a bearing on seeding.

Exactly...the only thing we can do is pass the Bears...and that wouldn't change much.

We play to win, but we don't play win-at-all-costs.

Skillit

Reaction score
Get a new pony then

You think it’s that easy? Or that mentality is the way to use resources?

We have a top 2-3 back in the nfl and the reason the team moves the ball- there is no guarantee we can replay him with another high draft pick.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Beat the Colts!!:starspin:

Leave Dez Ellison alone...he finally is coming out of last season!!!

blueblood70

Reaction score

bot last week they were complaining he takes himself out too much LOL those fans are clueless but lest win one more lock up the division and then start thinking of reducing snaps of many , Tsmith , zeke, Martin for sure ..I dont wan tto coast or take Byes but go full out with starters for 2.5 3 quarters to keep momentum but then use backups a lot more..Get Conner wiillams comfortable at RG just in case Martin needs some time..

definitely start giving guys SME rest but not total sit downs, I say regardless play them ALL the last 3 games but start giving some rest to those who we need but not enough to throw off timing and momentum..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I have said this many times. We need another good young RB to help shoulder the load. Need to get one in the offseason. A better Oline should help next year as well.