Zero chance we go 12-5 again

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Personally I think whatever window we think we had is gone, Dallas should have gone all in last year, we didn’t, gone gone

We are losing a ton of players and this team is broken, twitter fights with momas and brothers….not gonna be pretty folks

I’d say 8-9 is best case secenario for next year
You are too pessimistic, good lad.
I say, yes, the decline has begun.
Next season look for 10-7 or 11-6.

I say this for various reasons, among them the window closing as you said.
But we often forget tha the rest of the league is not standing pat as we do. Many new teams such as the Bucs, Detriot, Rams and others are muscling up.

Perhaps Fat Mac is going into 2024 thinking 12-5 when in fact he faces FA defections, clash of egos with Dak/Lamb/Parsons and family members, Dak who is now forever snake-bit and draft picks tha never panned out. Mazi and T and Deuce (late pick) I am looking at you.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
After looking at this seasons schedule many here thought there was a zero chance of going 12-5 a third straight season. However, we could suffer a hangover from this playoff loss. We could be looking at a down year in 2024. Just getting pumped for the regular season could be challenging for the players. No matter how many regular season wins you have or how good your seeding is it doesn’t assure you of anything. It’s possible we could look pretty flat next season. The players didn’t even look motivated for the playoffs. I know a lot of fans will have a tough time getting fired up for the regular season knowing that even a great regular season may not lead to playoff success.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Personally I think whatever window we think we had is gone, Dallas should have gone all in last year, we didn’t, gone gone

We are losing a ton of players and this team is broken, twitter fights with momas and brothers….not gonna be pretty folks

I was thinking between 10 and 13 wins. Twitter family fights mean way much more to fans than most players. Core talent will remain intact here, but lets wait until after the offseason talent acquistion before making our honest predictions.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The whole "window closing" thing is really a fallacy anyway.

That implies there are no changes and the only possibility is for all players to remain on the team and continue to age until they fade into ineffectiveness and retirement.

But that's not reality. Teams aren't locked in year to year. The "window" isn't stagnant. With existing players developing and players leaving and others coming in teams are always changing. Hell, sometimes teams do better - or worse - without any discernable reason at all.

So why is it inconceivable for some that new and/or developing players can keep the window open, or the that even if the window lowers a bit it can rise back without ever shutting?

That's not to say there could never be down years here and there, but it's illogical to think the only possible process is for a "window" to completely close

Reactions: G2

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

13-4

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Yep, 13-4.

tomsanders921

Reaction score

The division is trash though. The eagles are not the same team they were the first half of the season and the previous season. Washington is awful. The giants are equally as bad.

But what hurts Dallas is playing a 1st place schedule next year. We all know how bad this team is against good competition.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score

We're not going to lose anyone unless we want to lose them. We're gonna win 12 games again and lose in the playoffs. Thats who we are. Status quo will be maintained. At the very least.

conner01

Reaction score
We're not going to lose anyone unless we want to lose them. We're gonna win 12 games again and lose in the playoffs. Thats who we are. Status quo will be maintained. At the very least.
We are gonna lose several players. The key is can you replace them. Really the only ones are much of an impact is Armstrong who is a nice rotational player, Biadasz though he’s not great we just don’t have a center and our deep snapper though he may be one they do sign.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

I agree on the zero chance. If Mike can muster a run game to balance the offense and get tougher in the center of the defense to balance that and control the run game, we may go 13-4.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Without major upgrades to the roster and a change in defensive philosophy there is a good chance this team only wins 7-9 games and misses the playoffs. Not that making the playoffs will matter anyways… Choke city

HMJYay

Reaction score
Seven wins against teams drafting top 10. Carolina is Chicago number one pick. Count it yourself. Team was 5 and 5 against all other teams. Weak schedule and record was built on the dregs of the league. Sorry that bothers you.
Defense was also the top scoring defense. Doubt that happens

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
No win/loss prediction, but it's hard to think the team will be significantly improved. Dallas has a reduced number of draft picks, and is picking late every round. Salary cap constraints will make it difficult to sign quality free agents and retain Dallas's own. There's been no meaningful improvement in the coaching staff. Dallas is still stuck with the same choker QB. There's just no clear path to Dallas closing the gap with the better teams. More of the same at best.

Reactions: ICP

kwcool619

Reaction score
The Cowboys Non NFC East opponents home schedule for 2024 will be rough.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
I was thinking between 10 and 13 wins. Twitter family fights mean way much more to fans than most players. Core talent will remain intact here, but lets wait until after the offseason talent acquistion before making our honest predictions.
You mean wait and see how the bargain basket shopping spree goes

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The whole "window closing" thing is really a fallacy anyway.

That implies there are no changes and the only possibility is for all players to remain on the team and continue to age until they fade into ineffectiveness and retirement.

But that's not reality. Teams aren't locked in year to year. The "window" isn't stagnant. With existing players developing and players leaving and others coming in teams are always changing. Hell, sometimes teams do better - or worse - without any discernable reason at all.

So why is it inconceivable for some that new and/or developing players can keep the window open, or the that even if the window lowers a bit it can rise back without ever shutting?

That's not to say there could never be down years here and there, but it's illogical to think the only possible process is for a "window" to completely close
Good post. Ironically, maybe some of us fans are what we complain about with regard to Jerry. Not subscribing to change for the sake of it. Kind of set in his ways.
Your post made think that if I had a team this close for the last few years, I'd work the hardest at filling the weakest positions.

raven55

Reaction score
there won't be any 12-5 season this year teams they will play are all pretty good