Zero chance we go 12-5 again

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Too fatalistic view imo. There is never a zero % chance in sports.

Of course the Cowboys could go 12-5 again. But that doesn't matter. We had this now three years in a row and it got us nowhere. I'd rather have them barely make the playoffs but play their best football in December and January. Do the experiments you deem fit beforehand, but be ready when it counts.

No more stats padding crap in regular season. Give Dak the oline he needs (should solve the rungame problem too) and solve the run stop. Other than that we re ok.
So give Dak 4 or more All-Pro olinemen instead of 3?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Let's see what moves they make first. Cooks and Gilmore additions probably saved the season.

RS12

Reaction score
Nonsense.

They played 7 games against teams that won 10 games or more, 4 road games against teams with 11 wins. The Packers played 4, 49ers 5, and Detroit 3.
Seven wins against teams drafting top 10. Carolina is Chicago number one pick. Count it yourself. Team was 5 and 5 against all other teams. Weak schedule and record was built on the dregs of the league. Sorry that bothers you.

Loso86

Reaction score
Personally I think whatever window we think we had is gone, Dallas should have gone all in last year, we didn’t, gone gone

We are losing a ton of players and this team is broken, twitter fights with momas and brothers….not gonna be pretty folks

I’d say 8-9 is best case secenario for next year
Lol I'm sure or someone said the same last year

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Given their favorable schedule and poor performance against winning teams and in the WC game this season, my guess is less than double-digit wins in 2024.

Staubacher

Reaction score
It couldn't have been laid out better for the Cowboys. Soft schedule, only a few good opponents to dominate them, 2 seed, home field, etc. And they STILL completely blew it.

It won't lay out that nicely for them again anytime soon.

Jerrah is flipping off the fans and trashing the 2024 season like he did for a decade with Garrett.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
This was said last year also, I’ll gladly take 10-7 or 11-6 if the residual effects are a deep post season run /tougher team. That said making these assumptions in January - 8 months before the league starts playing games is just silly.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Tell yourself whatever you need to. Team was exposed as frauds a couple weeks ago. Look at who they played and who they beat. Seven gimme wins.
Now do other teams. I don't understand why people are so afraid to contextualize things. All of the teams that win 10+ games rack up wins against crappy opponents.

Proof

Reaction score
going 12-5 w/ Rush as qb for 4 games and after jettisoning amari, has skewed my perspective on whats likely or unlikely.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Who are we really losing that our record will get worse next year? If we manage to trade Dak then probably, but that won't happen and with key injuries coming back don't see much of a drop, even with a tougher schedule. I see 10 as things stay, WFT and NYG will be tougher outs next year

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Now do other teams. I don't understand why people are so afraid to contextualize things. All of the teams that win 10+ games rack up wins against crappy opponents.
It becomes telling when your team only ever performs against crappy opponents. Look at the way this team played against the 49-ers earlier in the year. That same level of non-performance is what you saw in the playoffs. Now tell me what other team looked that bad? Yes if you are a good team you are supposed to beat the crappy teams. But if you are really a good team you are also supposed to be competitive against the other better teams in the league. You might not win them all but at the very least it should be a 50% chance of gutting out a win. Instead this team basically shows no fight, no interest and certainly no talent when they run up against the better teams in the league.