Zierlein: Linderbaum is a top 8 player in this draft

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Linderbaum's lack of size scared me initially but his short-area strength and punch is exceptional. He's going to be a good one.

Someone kind of mentioned it, but Tyron played his junior year at USC at 265 lbs. actually. Once he dedicated all his time to weight-training (no more college classes) and professional meal plans, he got up to his now Avenger-like build. Linderbaum can easily put on 10 lbs of bulk between now and next season. He turns 22 just before the Draft.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
No doubt Linderbaum can play. But just on the O Line, I'm taking Icky Ekwonu, Charles Cross and Evan Neal in front of him without blinking. He's like the #4 OL tops.

Couple in a bunch of really interesting defenders like Hamilton, Kayvon, and Stingley, a QB reach or two, and I don't see a home for Linderbaum in the top 10. He'll go in the teens.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
So everybody drafting ahead of 24.

No chance any of those guys will be there at 24.

We're looking more at the tier 2 of OLs in this draft. IMO that's the guys who have the physical talent to excel in the pros but have some question about their games, or the guys who have really solid games but some questions about their physical talent.

Bernhard Raihmann (small school)
Trevor Penning (small school)
Kenyon Green (does he have the feet for tackle, or is he a guard?)
Daniel Faale (is he literally too big to be an NFL lineman?)

We aren't getting a big-school dancing bear with rock solid pass sets at #24, those dudes go top 15 every time.

cnuball21

Reaction score
No chance any of those guys will be there at 24.

We're looking more at the tier 2 of OLs in this draft. IMO that's the guys who have the physical talent to excel in the pros but have some question about their games, or the guys who have really solid games but some questions about their physical talent.

Bernhard Raihmann (small school)
Trevor Penning (small school)
Kenyon Green (does he have the feet for tackle, or is he a guard?)
Daniel Faale (is he literally too big to be an NFL lineman?)

We aren't getting a big-school dancing bear with rock solid pass sets at #24, those dudes go top 15 every time.

Bingo…

This is why I’m not crazy about OL at 24. I’d be ok with Linderbaum, but if we’re forcing the pick we’re likely reaching over a top talent.

fivetwos

Reaction score
He is going to be there at 24.

I'm not convinced we take him, but that's another story.

This reminds me of the all time favorite David DeCastro....the sure thing.

No WAY would he be there for us at 14.....

We deal up for Claiborne so everyone forgot about it....but he slipped to.....pick 24.

Linderbaums position alone is going to cause him to slip. Teams generally want to invest high picks at certain positions and figure they can make it work otherwise with the interior OL.

Dallas is the only team I see that invests so many high picks and cap dollars in the OL overall....and still manages to have it be a weakness.

Carson

Reaction score
He is going to be there at 24.

I'm not convinced we take him, but that's another story.

This reminds me of the all time favorite David DeCastro....the sure thing.

No WAY would he be there for us at 14.....

We deal up for Claiborne so everyone forgot about it....but he slipped to.....pick 24.

Linderbaums position alone is going to cause him to slip. Teams generally want to invest high picks at certain positions and figure they can make it work otherwise with the interior OL.

Dallas is the only team I see that invests so many high picks and cap dollars in the OL overall....and still manages to have it be a weakness.
I agree with you. The team that scared me were New York and Philly. However, with New York, Billy Price played well enough to remain their starting center.

Kelce is going to be 35, on the brink of retirement. They have 3 first round picks so they can afford to invest at center.

This just seems like the player the entire board falls in love with come draft day. We start counting the picks down thinking he will be our guy. Only to have him to go to Philly! Reminds me of Trevor Moehring last season!

fivetwos

Reaction score
I agree with you. The team that scared me were New York and Philly. However, with New York, Billy Price played well enough to remain their starting center.

Kelce is going to be 35, on the brink of retirement. They have 3 first round picks so they can afford to invest at center.

This just seems like the player the entire board falls in love with come draft day. We start counting the picks down thinking he will be our guy. Only to have him to go to Philly! Reminds me of Trevor Moehring last season!
Yep...I mean, there's no way to know until it happens...but players slip all the time.

Reasonable guess that he slips due to position.

Interesting center fun fact lol....only position on the field except for QB that only one is used.

I think he will go high, I just feel like he ends up slipping.

For now anyway, if Zion Johnson can play center or guard, with the possibility of replacing Tyron at some point (small reach) as well....I'm more intrigued by him.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
No doubt Linderbaum can play. But just on the O Line, I'm taking Icky Ekwonu, Charles Cross and Evan Neal in front of him without blinking. He's like the #4 OL tops.

Hello.

Do you think you established anything in your post? You basically named every single OL ranked above him.