because of

11. Chicago Bears (6-10)
12. New Orleans Saints (7-9)
13. Philadelphia Eagles (7-9)

and he surely will not get by the rams at

15. St. Louis Rams (7-9)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If Tennessee takes Tunsil and Cleveland takes Goff then I think Lynch and Wentz will both be there at #4. Don't think SF will trade up for another QB besides Goff and I don't think SD will take a QB. Now if Cleveland falls in love with Lynch or Wentz then I can see SF trying desperately to trade up to #3 with SD for Goff. We shall see....

Tennessee hates to trade, the Eagles offered 3 first round picks last year to move up and take Marriota and the Titans gave Chippy the middle finger. They are set to take Tunsul, almost a done deal.

That leaves Cleveland and San Diego ahead of us............with Goff, Lynch, Wentz, and Bosa all on the board, somebody is going to fall to us.

Don't get cute is my message, just stay at 4 and somebody really good is going to drop to us.......we trade back and we could lose out, especially if somebody leap frogs infront of us and we lose our player we wanted.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Tennessee hates to trade, the Eagles offered 3 first round picks last year to move up and take Marriota and the Titans gave Chippy the middle finger. They are set to take Tunsul, almost a done deal.

That leaves Cleveland and San Diego ahead of us............with Goff, Lynch, Wentz, and Bosa all on the board, somebody is going to fall to us.

Don't get cute is my message, just stay at 4 and somebody really good is going to drop to us.......we trade back and we could lose out, especially if somebody leap frogs infront of us and we lose our player we wanted.

I agree 100%....we are guaranteed to get Goff, Lynch, Tunsil or Bosa if we stay at #4.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I don't want a "good enough" arm. I want a great arm attached to a head that can make the right decisions. Don't think that is too much to ask at the #4 pick. Give me Lynch and a year behind Romo please.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't want a "good enough" arm. I want a great arm attached to a head that can make the right decisions. Don't think that is too much to ask at the #4 pick. Give me Lynch and a year behind Romo please.

All teams want what you want.

Do they get it? No.

Look at the Commanders. They mortgaged premium choices thinking Griffin had a "great arm attached to a head that can make the right decisions".

Even Andrew Luck looked like he couldn't avoid interceptions if his life depended on it this year.

It is not just as simple as picking at the top of the draft and getting a Hall of Fame QB.

You have to not only get the best prospect that checks most of the boxes, but have the right system to fit what they do, the right support structure it takes to manage them and develop them.

It is not easy and that explains the bust factor, much more so that just saying the team "reached" for the player.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The player has to have enough arm strength to make all the throws in tight windows in the NFL but I'd be even more concerned with football IQ, release, toughness and pocket awareness. Someone with enough mobility to move around in the pocket and also the improvisational ability to make plays when things break down.

Toughness not just in playing through pain but also keeping your eyes down the field in the face of a pass rush. You'll never be a successful pro QB if you can't do that. It's one of Sam Bradford's greatest flaws.

Basically Romo, is what I'm looking for. Another one of him and a 2nd crack at providing that guy with a better supporting cast.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
For those who missed the game:

A lot of stuff under center surprisingly.

He might be the best prospect in this draft. You see a lot of similarities between he and Andrew Luck as far as physical ability go.

I don't know how well he grasps the mental side of it but everything else looks in check so far.