Zimmer and Sparano need to go

burmafrd

Reaction score
Our O line just plain looks badly coached. Our D has no aggressiveness and no ability to take over a game. We need a mean SOB for both positions.
Someone who will kick butts and slap people around when they screw up. And who will also give compliments when they are earned.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
burmafrd;1121132 said:
Our O line just plain looks badly coached. Our D has no aggressiveness and no ability to take over a game. We need a mean SOB for both positions.
Someone who will kick butts and slap people around when they screw up. And who will also give compliments when they are earned.

I agree!!!!!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
burmafrd;1121132 said:

HOS FOR DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

LD Fan

Reaction score
burmafrd;1121132 said:

Saprano must be a made man or something. I thought he should have been fired last yr but he got promoted. I guess it pays to be a Parcells favorite. At least I gave Zimmer a mulligan last yr. because the defense was new to him. Now he needs to perform too.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
LD Fan;1121198 said:
Saprano must be a made man or something. I thought he should have been fired last yr but he got promoted. I guess it pays to be a Parcells favorite. At least I gave Zimmer a mulligan last yr. because the defense was new to him. Now he needs to perform too.

Jerry and Bill should have let him take the Nebraska job :bang2:

LD Fan

Reaction score
LD Fan;1121198 said:

And back up on my soap box, Parcells has only been successful when he had very good assistants. He doesn't have them here.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
LD Fan;1121201 said:
And back up on my soap box, Parcells has only been successful when he had very good assistants. He doesn't have them here.

He might be able to get Crennell for next year :D

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Folks need to realize that Sparano is working with some kind of weak material here -- so it is hard to evaluate him one way or another. First, he's got two aging vets in Adams and Rivera - these guys are physically past their prime and get beat, not because of mental mistakes but because they are slowing down.

Second, he's got Gurode who he seems to have finally gotten through to. That's a plus for Sparano -- Gurode wasn't exactly a hot property when he was an FA last year.

Third, he's got a reclamation project in Columbo -- given where Columbo was and where he is now you have to call that a success.

Fourth, he's got Kosier who is playing pretty well.

This isn't a ton of talent -- could the line play better? Sure. But I don't think given the talent level that you can reasonably put all the blame on the coach for having a line that couldn't protect Bledsoe.

burmafrd

Reaction score
To me though the confusion and screwups on picking up blitzes HAS to be coaching.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
A few months ago I got a tip that Zimmer will not be back in 2007 even if Parcells stays. I never posted it even though it's from a reputable source. This tip also claimed that the successor is already chosen.

I'm not claiming to know this, just passing along a tip.

Oh, and form a personal standpoint there are very few on our Coaching staff that I would hang on to. They clearly aren't getting this team prepared. Great philosophies, poor execution.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Hostile;1121266 said:
A few months ago I got a tip that Zimmer will not be back in 2007 even if Parcells stays. I never posted it even though it's from a reputable source. This tip also claimed that the successor is already chosen.

I'm not claiming to know this, just passing along a tip.

Oh, and form a personal standpoint there are very few on our Coaching staff that I would hang on to. They clearly aren't getting this team prepared. Great philosophies, poor execution.

In house or out?

LD Fan

Reaction score
abersonc;1121252 said:
Folks need to realize that Sparano is working with some kind of weak material here -- so it is hard to evaluate him one way or another.

Sorry, this one doesn't fly with me. The talent may not be great but that's part of coaching too......evaluating, acquiring, drafting etc. A good coach will also improve the level of play whatever it is when they get them. I know he's in the braintrust at draft time and certainly throughout camp and looking at FA's. If you tell me he was successful somewhere else (I don't know of it) maybe I'd cut him a little slack.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
abersonc;1121321 said:
successor.
If I asked, I honestly don't remember if he told me in house or out.

If I had to wager a guess I'd say it might be Pasqualoni and therefore in house. Although if it is in house I don't know why they didn't just make the move.

Before the season started JJT (I think) wrote an article saying basically it is now or never for Zimmer. The source confirmed that JJT was right on the money in that article.

I can try and ask more questions if I get a chance.

One last thing, it was specifically said that the reason was related to the 3-4. Zimmer still isn't 100% on board with the 3-4.

LD Fan

Reaction score
Hostile;1121334 said:
If I asked, I honestly don't remember if he told me in house or out.

If I had to wager a guess I'd say it might be Pasqualoni and therefore in house. Although if it is in house I don't know why they didn't just make the move.

Before the season started JJT (I think) wrote an article saying basically it is now or never for Zimmer. The source confirmed that JJT was right on the money in that article.

I can try and ask more questions if I get a chance.

One last thing, it was specifically said that the reason was related to the 3-4. Zimmer still isn't 100% on board with the 3-4.

So how exactly would this work. Parcells confides in one assistant about another that is on a short leash? I don't know that I buy that one. More likely Zimmer has acted unhappy and/or frustrated if he doesn't buy into the 3-4. I can see that happening.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LD Fan;1121349 said:
So how exactly would this work. Parcells confides in one assistant about another that is on a short leash? I don't know that I buy that one. More likely Zimmer has acted unhappy and/or frustrated if he doesn't buy into the 3-4. I can see that happening.
My source wasn't another assistant.