Zimmers Army

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I see that of late Nors has tasked Zimmer on accountability and general poor DC results since he's been here, there is a groundswell of support for Zimmy. Forever dubbed Zimmers Army.

Parcells, JJ clearly made a mistake in giving him that new deal. 406 points allowed in 2004 later. Parcells has jumped in and mandated a 3-4 move and no more passive reactive undersized 4-3 cover 2 with Roy chasing receivers into the end zone. Turnovers? What is that.

Its amazing that there is a groundswell of support for Zimmer now on this board. See some of the recent threads. I wonder where the Groz movement went? This is a classic Groz, 4-3 thread. Man some back last November were convinced we were staying 4-3, draft, free agency and Glover defense. Great read on a Saturday morning!

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12790&highlight=groz

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
I see that of late Nors has tasked Zimmer on accountability and general poor DC results since he's been here, there is a groundswell of support for Zimmy. Forever dubbed Zimmers Army.

Parcells, JJ clearly made a mistake in giving him that new deal. 406 points allowed in 2004 later. Parcells has jumped in and mandated a 3-4 move and no more passive reactive undersized 4-3 cover 2 with Roy chasing receivers into the end zone. Turnovers? What is that.

Its amazing that there is a groundswell of support for Zimmer now on this board. See some of the recent threads. I wonder where the Groz movement went? This is a classic Groz, 4-3 thread. Man some back last November were convinced we were staying 4-3, draft, free agency and Glover defense. Great read on a Saturday morning!

GROZ stood for Get Rid Of Zimmer.

How do you equate GROZ to the 4-3?

There's no real support for Zimmer. Some people are just tired of the way he's being branded with no corroborating evidence to support it.

There is a difference.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I will post Zimmers Defense year by year.

Its all excuses on why his defenses are usually less than average. This is his last chance.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hostile said:
There's no real support for Zimmer.

I beg to differ, TH.

This endless nonsensical refrain that installing the 3-4 (still to be determined to what extent this year, I think this year we still are more weighted to 4-3, a 60-40 thang, Bill AIN'T starting four rookies in his front seven no matter how high they were drafted..see James Farrior top ten pick platooned for three years) automatically spells Zim's demise sure has me ready to
champion the guy on a "personal" basis.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
Parcells, JJ clearly made a mistake in giving him that new deal. 406 points allowed in 2004 later.
While I am still an official GROZ member, not all of bad things that happened with our defense last year was his fault. The HC and GM were responsible for the meltdown at RCB and Wiley and Woody getting hurt was unforseen.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Nors said:

:shatfan:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I agree its not all Zimmers fault.

Lacewell and JJ have some blame here as well!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Some facts for Zimmers Army!

2000 361 points allowed 22/31 in NFL, 16 Ints, 2637 yards rushing 4.9 ypc (ouch)
2001 338 20/31 9 Ints (ouch) 1710 3.6 ypc
2002 329 13/32 19 ints 1818 3.8 ypc
2003 260 2/32 21 ints 1999 3.9 ypc (year saved his ***)
2004 405 28/32 (ouch) 1764 4.2 ypc

To summarize - 2 horric seasons, 2 below average seasons and 1 good season.
Average year for the Zimmaster.

21.2 Points a game
17th in NFL/Points allowed
15 ints a year
1986 yards rushing, or 124.1 a game!

That translates out to about, well, 31 wins in 5 seasons and a 6-10 average record.

Who's his agent?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Hostile said:
GROZ stood for Get Rid Of Zimmer.

How do you equate GROZ to the 4-3?

There's no real support for Zimmer. Some people are just tired of the way he's being branded with no corroborating evidence to support it.

There is a difference.

Well put Hos. Actually...............perfect.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Nors!!

And Bill has none?
He tokk a 5-11,5-11,5-11 team to playoffs.

Took a step back last year, his blame - allowing Zimmer to stay in his undersized 3-4 and aging. Big mistake now being fixed.

I like what he is doing in 2005 and forward. Look at his drafts

Tnew
Al Johnson
Jules Jones
Witten

Now Ware, Spears, Burnett, Canty!

We are on the uptick!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
thats7 said:
Well put Hos. Actually...............perfect.
keep patting backs, just like I was schooled in November thread linked! You guys kill me sometimes!

Have a great day, sunny mornin here.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Seems as though Zimmy is on the hot seat this year, make it or break it so to speak. It's obvious that BP is a man on a mission...taking NO PRISONERS! If Zimmy can't turn the D around the way BP wants...I'm guesing it's Bye Bye Mr. 4-3 Guy!!!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Nors said:
keep patting backs, just like I was schooled in November thread linked! You guys kill me sometimes!

Have a great day, sunny mornin here.

Not patting anything. Agreed with an anology that happens to be very true. On my behalf anyway.

Nors said:
You guys kill me sometimes!
I'm thinking we don't have that kind of luck.
icon12.gif

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Ah memories. At least I didn't make too much of a fool of myself in that thread and got a good Chris Hovan bash in there too. Good job, junk!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:
Nors!!

And Bill has none?

Of course not. Bill once coached Nors favorite team, the Patriots, while poor Zimmer has never coached or played for Nors favorite team. :D

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Nors said:
Some facts for Zimmers Army!

2000 361 points allowed 22/31 in NFL, 16 Ints, 2637 yards rushing 4.9 ypc (ouch)
2001 338 20/31 9 Ints (ouch) 1710 3.6 ypc
2002 329 13/32 19 ints 1818 3.8 ypc
2003 260 2/32 21 ints 1999 3.9 ypc (year saved his ***)
2004 405 28/32 (ouch) 1764 4.2 ypc

To summarize - 2 horric seasons, 2 below average seasons and 1 good season.
Average year for the Zimmaster.

21.2 Points a game
17th in NFL/Points allowed
15 ints a year
1986 yards rushing, or 124.1 a game!

That translates out to about, well, 31 wins in 5 seasons and a 6-10 average record.

Who's his agent?

I have always found it to be amazing, the level of blame and dislike (almost hate to the point we call him all sorts of names like wuss) that a large portion of this board has towards Zimmer.

It is not the drafting, the coaching or the offense that’s has caused this team to be a poor team. It is Zimmer and his cover 2, playing Roy out of position and instructing the DB's to under no circumstances ever look for the ball.

This team has been bad because of Zimmer. Last year I even heard people say it was Zimmer's fault because we did not bring in a CB, Wiley was his choice, thinking Delroy and Blade would perform etc.

But now that we have had a focused draft on D this year, that every one is happy about. Well that must be all Bill.

I am not a big Zimmer supporter, in my opinion the jury is still out. But by no means is he the sole reason this team has not been good the last five years. I can even argue that he is the least of the problems.

Look at the drafting since 2000 and you tell me why we have talent issues.

If you look at the Offensive performance versus the Defenses performance over the last 5 years, the offense has been generally much worse then the defense.

Year - O Rank - D Rank
2000 - 23 Vs 22
2001 - 30 Vs 20
2002 - 30 Vs 18
2003 - 15 Vs 1
2004 - 14 Vs 16

We have had some terrible offenses the last 5 years and some fairly average defenses. Offenses this bad have negative impacts on a defense.

Yet Zimmer is taken apart passionately on this board more then anyone else by far.

We have had terrible drafts (ownership) and terrible offenses (talent, coaches) and average to slightly below defenses. Yet Zimmer is the biggest target.

I don't get it, the only thing I can figure is a lot of people signed up for GROZ's initially and now they want to make sure they prove them self’s right.

I have already seen threads such as if the D is better this year it is because Zimmer got demoted and will be replaced by the DB coach or because now BP will be hovering over the D.

It seems there is no way for Zimmer to win even if the D is good this year.

Seems like agenda’s to me more then anything else.