Zimmers Army

twa

Reaction score
Nors.... When did you start referring to yourself in the third party sense?
IF you are not simply off your meds...PM me I can refer you to a good shrink :D

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
boysfanindc said:
I have always found it to be amazing, the level of blame and dislike (almost hate to the point we call him all sorts of names like wuss) that a large portion of this board has towards Zimmer.

It is not the drafting, the coaching or the offense that’s has caused this team to be a poor team. It is Zimmer and his cover 2, playing Roy out of position and instructing the DB's to under no circumstances ever look for the ball.

This team has been bad because of Zimmer. Last year I even heard people say it was Zimmer's fault because we did not bring in a CB, Wiley was his choice, thinking Delroy and Blade would perform etc.

But now that we have had a focused draft on D this year, that every one is happy about. Well that must be all Bill.

I am not a big Zimmer supporter, in my opinion the jury is still out. But by no means is he the sole reason this team has not been good the last five years. I can even argue that he is the least of the problems.

Look at the drafting since 2000 and you tell me why we have talent issues.

If you look at the Offensive performance versus the Defenses performance over the last 5 years, the offense has been generally much worse then the defense.

Year - O Rank - D Rank
2000 - 23 Vs 22
2001 - 30 Vs 20
2002 - 30 Vs 18
2003 - 15 Vs 1
2004 - 14 Vs 16

We have had some terrible offenses the last 5 years and some fairly average defenses. Offenses this bad have negative impacts on a defense.

Yet Zimmer is taken apart passionately on this board more then anyone else by far.

We have had terrible drafts (ownership) and terrible offenses (talent, coaches) and average to slightly below defenses. Yet Zimmer is the biggest target.

I don't get it, the only thing I can figure is a lot of people signed up for GROZ's initially and now they want to make sure they prove them self’s right.

I have already seen threads such as if the D is better this year it is because Zimmer got demoted and will be replaced by the DB coach or because now BP will be hovering over the D.

It seems there is no way for Zimmer to win even if the D is good this year.

Seems like agenda’s to me more then anything else.

Nice post.

As "average" as our defense has been our offense has been worse.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
boysfanindc said:
I have always found it to be amazing, the level of blame and dislike (almost hate to the point we call him all sorts of names like wuss) that a large portion of this board has towards Zimmer.

It is not the drafting, the coaching or the offense that’s has caused this team to be a poor team. It is Zimmer and his cover 2, playing Roy out of position and instructing the DB's to under no circumstances ever look for the ball.

This team has been bad because of Zimmer. Last year I even heard people say it was Zimmer's fault because we did not bring in a CB, Wiley was his choice, thinking Delroy and Blade would perform etc.

But now that we have had a focused draft on D this year, that every one is happy about. Well that must be all Bill.

I am not a big Zimmer supporter, in my opinion the jury is still out. But by no means is he the sole reason this team has not been good the last five years. I can even argue that he is the least of the problems.

Look at the drafting since 2000 and you tell me why we have talent issues.

If you look at the Offensive performance versus the Defenses performance over the last 5 years, the offense has been generally much worse then the defense.

Year - O Rank - D Rank
2000 - 23 Vs 22
2001 - 30 Vs 20
2002 - 30 Vs 18
2003 - 15 Vs 1
2004 - 14 Vs 16

We have had some terrible offenses the last 5 years and some fairly average defenses. Offenses this bad have negative impacts on a defense.

Yet Zimmer is taken apart passionately on this board more then anyone else by far.

We have had terrible drafts (ownership) and terrible offenses (talent, coaches) and average to slightly below defenses. Yet Zimmer is the biggest target.

I don't get it, the only thing I can figure is a lot of people signed up for GROZ's initially and now they want to make sure they prove them self’s right.

I have already seen threads such as if the D is better this year it is because Zimmer got demoted and will be replaced by the DB coach or because now BP will be hovering over the D.

It seems there is no way for Zimmer to win even if the D is good this year.

Seems like agenda’s to me more then anything else.

Agreed BoysFaninDC!

Imagine what Zimmer's defenses might have done with a good offense and better personnel decisions made by Jerry/Larry. The stats that Nors posted actually make Zimmer look pretty good, IMO.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Of course not. Bill once coached Nors favorite team, the Patriots, while poor Zimmer has never coached or played for Nors favorite team. :D

Parcells has never won the big one without Bellichek who has 5 and counting now.

Will he win one with Zimmer as his DC?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Nors said:
....I wonder where the Groz movement went? .....

Maybe its just that people finally realized that Zimmer IS a bad DC. There is no more need for discussion about it. This thing is settled!

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
How about "Zimmers Heros". Zimmy himself can play Sgt Shultz "I KNOW NOTHING"....... :D

twa

Reaction score
Parcells and Jerry both like Zimmer,and obviously he WILL be the DC this year.
Therefore he has my full support....might as well enlist me :rolleyes:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
The Zimmer hating is ridiculous. How quickly we forget he had the #1 defense in football just 2 years ago. Now suddenly he sucks? How many injuries did he have to deal with last year?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
.....How many injuries did he have to deal with last year?

Zimmer was injured last year? I guess i had his brain amputated..... :p:

No offence!!! But i had to take this one.

Reaction score
Squiggy's army perhaps? :rolleyes:

The guy never could coach...Even in his so called #1 D year...
We SUCKED, never could even slow down half way good offenses...
But we sure played alot of bad offenses that year...

People don't seem to notice just how bad he is...

Hey its 3rd & 3, lets have the CB's play 8 yards off the ball...
Hey lets let Dat cover WR's to the tune of 3-4 easy TD's...
Lets let D Evans cover RB's on 4th & 3 vs a rookie QB...
Lets let a rookie QB in his franchise first game easily beat our D...
Lets let big Ben laugh at how easy it is to play our D...
Lets NEVER teach our DB's to play the ball...
Lets loose like 16 out of 18 games we had the lead going into the 4th...
Lets blame Coslet for not having a 4th down call when zimmy gives up 13 points in less then a min...
Lets take a game changing player and make him average..Roy...
Lets let zimmy have all the worst ever Cowboy's defensive records...

Hey Parcells knows best and he has seen enough of squiggy...
AS every true Cowboys fan should

Its 3-4 now while zimmy holds a clipboard & mops the floors at Vally Ranch...

He will be flipping burgers next year...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
Zimmers Army

General (1 star) Hos
Lieutenant Waffle

Actually Nors that's pretty funny! LOL!

"Lieutenant Waffle reporting for duty sir!"

blindzebra

Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
Squiggy's army perhaps? :rolleyes:

The guy never could coach...Even in his so called #1 D year...
We SUCKED, never could even slow down half way good offenses...
But we sure played alot of bad offenses that year...

People don't seem to notice just how bad he is...

Hey its 3rd & 3, lets have the CB's play 8 yards off the ball...
Hey lets let Dat cover WR's to the tune of 3-4 easy TD's...
Lets let D Evans cover RB's on 4th & 3 vs a rookie QB...
Lets let a rookie QB in his franchise first game easily beat our D...
Lets let big Ben laugh at how easy it is to play our D...
Lets NEVER teach our DB's to play the ball...
Lets loose like 16 out of 18 games we had the lead going into the 4th...
Lets blame Coslet for not having a 4th down call when zimmy gives up 13 points in less then a min...
Lets take a game changing player and make him average..Roy...
Lets let zimmy have all the worst ever Cowboy's defensive records...

Hey Parcells knows best and he has seen enough of squiggy...
AS every true Cowboys fan should

Its 3-4 now while zimmy holds a clipboard & mops the floors at Vally Ranch...

He will be flipping burgers next year...

There is so much wrong with this post it would require several pages to set it straight.

Congrats on a new high in ridiculous, I did not think you could raise that bar, but you did, bravo.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I beg to differ, TH.

This endless nonsensical refrain that installing the 3-4 (still to be determined to what extent this year, I think this year we still are more weighted to 4-3, a 60-40 thang, Bill AIN'T starting four rookies in his front seven no matter how high they were drafted..see James Farrior top ten pick platooned for three years) automatically spells Zim's demise sure has me ready to
champion the guy on a "personal" basis.
Fair enough. You are often a champion of the downtrodden. :D

Nors and I go round and round on this issue. For the life of me I do not understand how he translates what I say. In my mind I could not be much clearer. He has me as a member of GROZ and Zimmer's Army at the same time. How does that work? Not only that, but I don't belong to either camp.

I've asked him and HH to produce one iota of evidence that Parcells is fed up with Zimmer. Not even so much as a scrap. Just more mantras.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Fair enough. You are often a champion of the downtrodden. :D

Nors and I go round and round on this issue. For the life of me I do not understand how he translates what I say. In my mind I could not be much clearer. He has me as a member of GROZ and Zimmer's Army at the same time. How does that work. Not only that, but I don't belong to either camp.

I've asked him and HH to produce one iota of evidence that Parcells is fed up with Zimmer. Not even so much as a scrap. Just more mantras.

Parcells is enthralled with Zimmer, as are you.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Parcells is enthralled with Zimmer, as are you.
Me and Parcells simpatico huh?

We're twin sons of different mothers. We went to different schools together. I went to Penn State, he went to the State Pen.

Don't try and read my mind Nors, it isn't written in crayon.