Zion Johnson

The Realist

Reaction score
Taking snaps at center at the Senior Bowl. Has a degree in CS and working on Master’s in Cybersecurity. Played both LG and LT BC. If he looks good at OC it’s gonna help his draft stock a lot.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Taking snaps at center at the Senior Bowl. Has a degree in CS and working on Master’s in Cybersecurity. Played both LG and LT BC. If he looks good at OC it’s gonna help his draft stock a lot.
Interesting. Zion is one of the LG prospects I like, but it looks like he may go 1st round. Either way, Cowboys can find a versatile OL in Green or Johnson.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
His measurements will push him inside for sure. He’s a very good prospect. Flying a bit under the radar. 24 is too early. But I’d be happy with him at some point in round 2.

The Realist

Reaction score
His measurements will push him inside for sure. He’s a very good prospect. Flying a bit under the radar. 24 is too early. But I’d be happy with him at some point in round 2.

Push him inside? He’s always been viewed as a guard until today.

Flying under the radar? Yeah, ummm, no.

If we take him at 24 it’s a reach. If somebody else takes hinbwe slam our hands on the table when he’s gone.

morasp

Reaction score
I wouldn't complain. He excels at pass protection but is also a good run blocker.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was actually hoping for Darian Kinnard in the 2nd as an OT/OG, but this is really interesting news if Johnson can play OC and OG.

cnuball21

Reaction score
One of the best OG prospects in the class IMO…24 is too rich but might not make it to our 2nd.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Push him inside? He’s always been viewed as a guard until today.

Flying under the radar? Yeah, ummm, no.

If we take him at 24 it’s a reach. If somebody else takes hinbwe slam our hands on the table when he’s gone.
He played RT at a level but his length is going push him inside. And very few in the scouting community see him as a 1st round talent. Good prospect. But I don’t think he’s going to be BPA at 24. If you think so more power to you.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He might be an alternative option if Green is off the board at 24.
The Cowboys like the center they have now and their not gonna reach for a center or short guard who has second round at best traits. I would bet they take a defensive linemen/pass rusher first if Green is not there. I think for the Cowboys to even pick Green he would have to be clearly better then the other players we can pick at 24. Plenty of interior linemen to be had in the second/third/fourth round.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The Cowboys like the center they have now and their not gonna reach for a center or short guard who has second round at best traits. I would bet they take a defensive linemen/pass rusher first if Green is not there. I think for the Cowboys to even pick Green he would have to be clearly better then the other players we can pick at 24. Plenty of interior linemen to be had in the second/third/fourth round.
He is a plug and play starter at LG. Will 24 be too high? Not sure, will depend on who falls and how the process plays out. Right now, many see Zion as an 2nd rd player.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He is a plug and play starter at LG. Will 24 be too high? Not sure, will depend on who falls and how the process plays out. Right now, many see Zion as an 2nd rd player.
Plug and play starter? The Cowboys believe that? You talk to the front office. The Cowboys could have a plan to move La’el to guard. We really don’t know.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Plug and play starter? The Cowboys believe that? You talk to the front office. The Cowboys could have a plan to move La’el to guard. We really don’t know.
You would think if they had plans for Collins to shift back inside, they would of done it, to see how he handles the switch

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You would think if they had plans for Collins to shift back inside, they would of done it, to see how he handles the switch
I am just messing with you but I think they will draft the best tools player between pass rushers and offensive linemen. That seems to be the Cowboys MO of late.

The Realist

Reaction score

You talk to the Cowboys and know they like their center?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I am just messing with you but I think they will draft the best tools player between pass rushers and offensive linemen. That seems to be the Cowboys MO of late.
I think everything is in play outside of QB.

RS12

Reaction score
If there are typically 17 players with first round grades that means logically there is a high probability that the pick at 24 will be a second round talent regardless. If there is a player here they have a first round grade on that falls, likely to be an offensive skill player. Personally I want the best lineman either side available but I dont get a vote.