Zion Johnson

Gaede

Reaction score
Between Linderbaum, Green, and Zion, I like our chances of getting OL at 24.

I think the team will probably target DE, which also looks good for us, but OL is a solid backup, especially with those three guys

Malhavoc

Reaction score
What do they do with Collins ? Do you keep him at RT or move him inside to LG ? I think Green, Linderbaum, and Penning could be in play if available. Also have to see what they do with Gregory. DE could be looked at is well.

Carson

Reaction score
What do they do with Collins ? Do you keep him at RT or move him inside to LG ? I think Green, Linderbaum, and Penning could be in play if available. Also have to see what they do with Gregory. DE could be looked at is well.
Collins is RT. He is staying RT.

If they consider/considering moving him to LG, last year was a golden opportunity. He missed multiple games, Steele played well and they still kept him at RT.

RS12

Reaction score
So if Jerry is to believed based on his rambling presser yesterday, they value position flex on the OL. If that's the case you would have to think this player is high on their board.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Zion played Center in game today. I thought he was solid and I definitely like the idea of drafting an OL with position flex at every position on the OL. Zion has been high on my IOL wish list, and today he solidified that.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Zion played Center in game today. I thought he was solid and I definitely like the idea of drafting an OL with position flex at every position on the OL. Zion has been high on my IOL wish list, and today he solidified that.

If we take an OL in the 1st round it would be ideal he has some position flex as he could step-in as a Day 1 starter at LG or at center for Biadasz.

cnuball21

Reaction score

I think Zion as more of a solid 2nd round prospect. I like him a lot and think if we take him at 24 I’ll be meh. Good player, fits a need but we’re likely passing on a better player on the board.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I think Zion as more of a solid 2nd round prospect. I like him a lot and think if we take him at 24 I’ll be meh. Good player, fits a need but we’re likely passing on a better player on the board.
For me, it depends on how the draft goes. I do like Ingram from LSU how should be available in the 2nd if they go defense in the 1st.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Between Linderbaum, Green, and Zion, I like our chances of getting OL at 24.

I think the team will probably target DE, which also looks good for us, but OL is a solid backup, especially with those three guys
Ya I think DE and OL will have some very good options at 24

cnuball21

Reaction score
For me, it depends on how the draft goes. I do like Ingram from LSU how should be available in the 2nd if they go defense in the 1st.

Yea IMO ideally we sign a competent vet FA G to a short deal and then hopefully get a solid G prospect to develop. I’ve heard good things about Ingram as well. You can usually get a solid IOL prospect in mid rounds.

I’m a big proponent of maximizing value and taking what the draft gives you. This class is LOADED at DE and top 50/75ish CBS and LBs. I’d love to walk away from this draft with one of each and a solid G prospect to develop if we can sign one in FA.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Friday on NFL radio they did an interview with him. Seems like a smart kid, has 2 majors in college. In terms of play they had been raving about this kid and talked with him about switching to center and he talked about the work he has been putting in at center position, would not be shocked to see him at center in the pros.

fivetwos

Reaction score
He is a plug and play starter at LG. Will 24 be too high? Not sure, will depend on who falls and how the process plays out. Right now, many see Zion as an 2nd rd player.
IMO there's usually nice value in the mid 20s at interior OL and off ball LB. Both happen to be needs.

Zion is 2nd round because teams often choose to take risks at other positions but he will be a riser.

Other teams seem to find ways to build a nice OL as a unit with one, maybe two high picks.

We seem to need to spend high picks and big money and they still stink somehow.

But it can't be the coach, since he is MMs buddy.

Keeping him for 22 would be just below the idea of keeping Nolan for 21 IMO.

Two HOF players, a 3rd and a 4th and another that should have been a 1st....and Philbin can't work with that.

Something is off there.

The Realist

Reaction score
IMO there's usually nice value in the mid 20s at interior OL and off ball LB. Both happen to be needs.

Zion is 2nd round because teams often choose to take risks at other positions but he will be a riser.

Other teams seem to find ways to build a nice OL as a unit with one, maybe two high picks.

We seem to need to spend high picks and big money and they still stink somehow.

But it can't be the coach, since he is MMs buddy.

Keeping him for 22 would be just below the idea of keeping Nolan for 21 IMO.

Two HOF players, a 3rd and a 4th and another that should have been a 1st....and Philbin can't work with that.

Something is off there.

One of those HOF guys is a couple years at best from being out of the league and is hurt 50% of the time. That 3rd is a bust at guard but good in special packages at FB. The 4th is a backup caliber center. The cupboard is almost bare on the OL.
Even if you go OC/LG in 1 and 2 this year you aren’t done rebuilding.

fivetwos

Reaction score
One of those HOF guys is a couple years at best from being out of the league and is hurt 50% of the time. That 3rd is a bust at guard but good in special packages at FB. The 4th is a backup caliber center. The cupboard is almost bare on the OL.
Even if you go OC/LG in 1 and 2 this year you aren’t done rebuilding.
OL high picks tend to be "safe."

Guess we are blowing those as well.