ZONERS: 2nd rd CB cut... do we want him?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1737735 said:
WWMD?
spagnola_50.jpg

Mick wouldn't want to sign him. Mick doesn't want to sign anyone or see anyone start over anyone else. He always thinks whatever we have going now, is the best thing and hates to see change.

He was against signing Tank, he was against playing Romo when we had Bledsoe, the guy hates change.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Wimbo;1737836 said:

I see this and think... its an omen....a CB - "pick 6" ;)

Wimbo;1737836 said:
NEGATIVES: Started off very slowly at the Senior Bowl and seemed confused against a higher level of competition.

Then I see this and I think..... Wow... more of the same... add another confused guy the mix of already confused guys.

Wimbo;1737836 said:
Will need time to mentally adjust at the next level but can be a starting for a team by the late part of next season.

Then I wonder.... can he? adjust, that is?

Big Dakota

Reaction score
TheCount;1737911 said:
Mick wouldn't want to sign him. Mick doesn't want to sign anyone or see anyone start over anyone else. He always thinks whatever we have going now, is the best thing and hates to see change.

He was against signing Tank, he was against playing Romo when we had Bledsoe, the guy hates change.

Sorry, you haven't been around long enough to get it.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
hendog;1737818 said:
Exactly. It wouldn't hurt to bring him in. If he didn't work out cut him. No loss.
agreed, can't be any worse

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
hendog;1737726 said:
Surely he could be an upgrade over Nate.

Nate Jones isn't bad on ST and he is by far the best blitzing CB we have. While we don't blitz CBs much, it's a nice thing to have. I'm not sure what his actually numbers are, but I believe he has a sack and a QB pressure in either 2 or 3 blitzing attempts this season.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Put him and nate on the grill and see who does better and keep that one. Sure could not hurt. BP liked to churn the roster- usually came up with some useful guys.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
nyc;1737930 said:
Nate Jones isn't bad on ST and he is by far the best blitzing CB we have. While we don't blitz CBs much, it's a nice thing to have. I'm not sure what his actually numbers are, but I believe he has a sack and a QB pressure in either 2 or 3 blitzing attempts this season.

Nate Jones on special teams don't concern me, but Nate Jones in coverage especially with injuries to our #1 and #2 Cb's is like watching the Exorcist as a 7 year old.........:eek:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This guy is not smart but, he is a lights out athlete. If you put him in a position where you isolate him on a WR and just have him play man up on that guy, I think you could probably have some success. He gets into trouble when he has to think about what he's doing. That's bad. I think he would be worth bringing in but don't expect him to be a guy who can work in a complex defensive scheme. Let him do what he can do. That's cover straight up. In the NFL, that alone is a pretty big draw. I'd probably bring him in.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I live in Pgh and have watched him his entire career. He flat out stinks. Bad things happen when he plays, like a punt hitting him in the head. He was a small school player-drafted too high-project. And he has a career-threatening neck injury. No thanks.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1737888 said:
His name is pronounced "Coakley".

So we should sign him just to be trade bait. :D

:laugh2: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Every few months someone comes up with the perfect reply. Must have been your turn.