Zoners: Am I missing the boat?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
James Hardy - WR - 6'6" 220 lbs. - Indiana
Hardy is a huge receiver who was a force for the Hoosiers in the Big Ten.

Note: I really believe he would be a great fit if we could get him with our 1st rd pick. What do you folks think? Is this crazy?:star:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Sounds good on paper, how did he do in college exactly?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1914218 said:
James Hardy - WR - 6'6" 220 lbs. - Indiana
Hardy is a huge receiver who was a force for the Hoosiers in the Big Ten.

Note: I really believe he would be a great fit if we could get him with our 1st rd pick. What do you folks think? Is this crazy?:star:
He's very good. May rise in the Draft after the Combines.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Being from Indiana and somewhat keeping up with hoosier football, he put up pretty good numbers. I think he may even broke several school records.

He's played the last couple years with a randle el like quaterback.

I want to say he came to Indiana to play basketball (he did both his freshman year I believe).

Sorry, not alot of details. Good speed, hands, can jump and pretty good size. Never thought he was a 1st rounder.

EDITED TO ADD:

http://iuhoosiers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/hardy_james00.html

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I've heard "Plaxico with a brain", but I can't claim to have watched any Hoosier football myself.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Rack;1914274 said:
Oh man... so many ways to answer this one.

Yes, I do that alot.....I am so upset with not only us losing to the Giants but the way we lost......still hurts bad! Not sure what I open myself up for ;-)

I don't know what I have accomplished this entire week except take crap from so called friends at work............

Never have I hurt so bad emotionally in my 40 years bleeding blue/silver........:bang2:

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
He is tall, 6'7" and played against a lot of shorter cornerbacks. Was the only real Wr option. Played against a lot of lower level teams and disappeared against the better teams. Here is Indiana's schedule. I would not take him in the first 2 rounds.

Indiana St.
Western Michigan
Akron
Illinois
Iowa
Minnesota
Michigan State
Penn State
Wisconsin
Ball State
Northwestern
Purdue
OK State

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
IndianaCowboyFan;1914285 said:
He is tall, 6'7" and played against a lot of shorter cornerbacks. Was the only real Wr option. Played against a lot of lower level teams and disappeared against the better teams. Here is Indiana's schedule. I would not take him in the first 2 rounds.

Indiana St.
Western Michigan
Akron
Illinois
Iowa
Minnesota
Michigan State
Penn State
Wisconsin
Ball State
Northwestern
Purdue
OK State

Could it be because of a lack of a great QB? I read he is very tough.....4.5 forty.....great hands and can out jump anyone for the ball......only negative was a few character issues.

I am thinking with a big target....when ROMO is scrambling.....he would get ROMO out of messes.....win/win situation

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1914279 said:
Yes, I do that alot.....I am so upset with not only us losing to the Giants but the way we lost......still hurts bad! Not sure what I open myself up for ;-)

I don't know what I have accomplished this entire week except take crap from so called friends at work............

Never have I hurt so bad emotionally in my 40 years bleeding blue/silver........:bang2:

Don't even let the Giants loss bother you. Doesn't seem to be bothering any of the cowboys players.

And you had to have seen it coming from the way they played in December. The way you play in december is usually the way you play in January (not always, but USUALLY). And that certainly was the case for the cowboys.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Rack;1914300 said:
Don't even let the Giants loss bother you. Doesn't seem to be bothering any of the cowboys players.

And you had to have seen it coming from the way they played in December. The way you play in december is usually the way you play in January (not always, but USUALLY). And that certainly was the case for the cowboys.

Rack you are correct, however, I had let myself believe that our team did not have anything really to play for since we had home field and the players kinda let up......where I made my mistake was believing we was so good they could turn it on whenever they wanted.....fact is that was wrong thinking.

We really should of lost to Buffalo and the Giants.......13-3 was very mis-leading.....and our Defense (although talented) is missing something and I DO NOT know for sure WHAT?

I still LOVE them though and cannot wait for the April DRAFT, May MINI-CAMP, July TRAINING CAMP........gosh it takes so long to come again!:bang2:

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1914296 said:
Could it be because of a lack of a great QB? I read he is very tough.....4.5 forty.....great hands and can out jump anyone for the ball......only negative was a few character issues.

He was a local kid in H/S and wasn't really a football standout. He went the football scholly route to play BB but without using a BB scholly. He had a Randle El type QB so that wasn't the problem. His big games came against lesser talent. Character issues was beating his G/f. Somewhat of the thug mentality. I was really high on Spencer, another local H/S kid and Purdue standout, last year but nowhere so much on Hardy. From my exposure to him I wouldn't draft him in the first round.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
IndianaCowboyFan;1914318 said:
He was a local kid in H/S and wasn't really a football standout. He went the football scholly route to play BB but without using a BB scholly. He had a Randle El type QB so that wasn't the problem. His big games came against lesser talent. Character issues was beating his G/f. Somewhat of the thug mentality. I was really high on Spencer, another local H/S kid and Purdue standout, last year but nowhere so much on Hardy. From my exposure to him I wouldn't draft him in the first round.

Thanks for the in sight.......you have about talked me out of this UNLESS he drops to the 2nd rd.....I just like his height/jumping ball skills.

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
Just remember I don't get paid to do draft consulting, but I think I have a pretty good idea on a lot of the in state talent and that of the Big 10. With the RB depth and our spot in the second he wouldn't be too bad there.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
IndianaCowboyFan;1914326 said:
Just remember I don't get paid to do draft consulting, but I think I have a pretty good idea on a lot of the in state talent and that of the Big 10. With the RB depth and our spot in the second he wouldn't be too bad there.

I understand.....and appreciate your in sight.......thanks

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1914342 said:
Yeah, good stuff, Indy.

Thanks, just playing my small part to keep the sportscasters, who borrow info from this forum and pass it on as their own thoughts, informed. Just as most everyone else here does. ;)

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Depends on whether or not he can get out of the breaks and get seperation. Otherwise he's just another Matt Jones who had all the size and 40 speed, but can't get seperation and looks like a huge bust.

YAKUZA