Zoners: Answer this question please?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners:

I respectfully ask you this question:

T.O. is an older receiver headed for a spot in the NFL Hall of Fame upon his retirement.

I really believe he is CURRENTLY the BEST receiver in the NFL?

What do you believe?

Am I CRAZY?

If you disagree, who is better...don't pick a younger WR.....pick a more productive/better one.....that is the challenge!

I DO NOT know one?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would have to be you, you sexy silver tongued devil. :laugh1:

I guess you could make the case that he is one of the best STILL playing. Moss and Harrison would be up there...I used those two others because you asked not to use young guys.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2105925 said:

I guess you could make the case that he is one of the best STILL playing. Moss and Harrison would be up there...I used those two others because you asked not to use young guys.

the only problem with Moss and Harrison neither is more productive with TO having more receiving yards and receiving TD's than both of them this is a trick question.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I think the best wr in the NFL right now is Randy Moss:scram:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2105925 said:

Thanks BrAinPaint!

I have learned to be careful when you are out there monitoring my b.s.

But, I agree with you this time.......those along with Fitz are the only one I would consider....but, I really like T.O. the best overall.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Rampage;2105942 said:

Hes a better deep threat but not a better overall receiver when it comes to blocking, underneath routes, going over the middle and YAC.

firehawk350

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2105949 said:
Hes a better deep threat but not a better overall receiver when it comes to blocking, underneath routes, going over the middle and YAC.
I would agree with this. I would take TO before Moss. Moss is a great receiver but hasn't produced as consistently. Ocho Cinco is a great one too though.

However, give him a half competent QB and I'll take Moss over TO. Gotta take the single season TD record holder.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Rampage;2105942 said:

OK, you picked the ONLY one who I could consider ahead of T.O. and I appreciate you judgement BECAUSE I do admit to being prejudice to Cowboy players anytime their is a tie between a Cowboy players and anyone else.

Moss is a stud.......and I cannot argue that with you.

But, IF, our Cowboys would try to gameplan to T.O. exclusively vs the way the Pats do with Moss.....running up the scores etc.......

I like T.O. chances.......considering that info......do you agree?

T.O. would hang talent wise--right?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2105949 said:
he also catches better than owens.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy;2105947 said:
I would say that Ocho Cinco is up there as well. Not that I care for his antics

I'll entertain a number of receivers in the league over TO, but not Chad. The guy simply disappears when his team needs him the most. Who gets the ball on third and long...not 85. He's good, but not nearly as good as many people, including himself, make him out to be.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rampage;2105942 said:
If we're talking most dangerous I agree. Owens runs routes that Moss doesn't as far as over the middle. Moss' speed is other worldly. He'd probably be who I'd say given TO's drops.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
tomson75;2105969 said:
I'll entertain a number of receivers in the league over TO, but not Chad. The guy simply disappears when his team needs him the most. Who gets the ball on third and long...not 85. He's good, but not nearly as good as many people, including himself, make him out to be.

tomson75, you bring up a solid consideration.

Husmanzadia(sp?) help me, is a great receiver when a 1st down is neaded for the beagles and as the season went on.....seems to be a #1 WR for be beagles.....therefore, it is NOT ocho cinco with me!

Good post.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2105964 said:
OK, you picked the ONLY one who I could consider ahead of T.O. and I appreciate you judgement BECAUSE I do admit to being prejudice to Cowboy players anytime their is a tie between a Cowboy players and anyone else.

Moss is a stud.......and I cannot argue that with you.

But, IF, our Cowboys would try to gameplan to T.O. exclusively vs the way the Pats do with Moss.....running up the scores etc.......

I like T.O. chances.......considering that info......do you agree?

T.O. would hang talent wise--right?
I put Owens at #2 just slightly behind Moss with Marvin Harrison in 3rd place.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rampage;2105980 said:
I put Owens at #2 just slightly behind Moss with Marvin Harrison in 3rd place.
I agree, but would also say that Owens is slightly ahead of Harrison because of his dropsies. It's not a wide gap by any means between Moss and Owens, but the gap is smaller between Owens and Harrison, imo.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2106048 said:
career stats TO is ahead of Moss.
T.O. 12 seasons=173 games Moss 10 seasons=154 games

receptions=882 receptions=774

yards=13,070 yards=12,193

touchdowns=129 touchdowns=124

not to mention Moss spent 2 years in that hopeless pit named Oakland.