bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2106133 said:
T.O. 12 seasons=173 games Moss 10 seasons=154 games

receptions=882 receptions=774

yards=13,070 yards=12,193

touchdowns=129 touchdowns=124

not to mention Moss spent 2 years in that hopeless pit named Oakland.

He contributed to the "hopelessness" by flat out dogging it.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
bbgun;2106137 said:
He contributed to the "hopelessness" by flat out dogging it.

You brought up valid points .....however, don't forget the mess T.O. got into with Philly,,,,,,suspension etc....hurt his stats--right?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2106140 said:
You brought up valid points .....however, don't forget the mess T.O. got into with Philly,,,,,,suspension etc....hurt his stats--right?

By "dogging it," I was referring to Moss in Oakland. TO sabotaged himself in Philly.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
for all you picking Moss over Owens................what about the Moss and him dogging it in Oakland for 2 years and lack of effort at the end of his time in Min......? T.O. would never dog it he always gives his all......Moss and his record season last year doesnt erase his deficiencies...in my opinion.....Moss has no drive he takes what is easily there......

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
dadymat;2106154 said:
for all you picking Moss over Owens................what about the Moss and him dogging it in Oakland for 2 years and lack of effort at the end of his time in Min......? T.O. would never dog it he always gives his all......Moss and his record season last year doesnt erase his deficiencies...in my opinion.....Moss has no drive he takes what is easily there......
he dogged it and played on a terrible team for 2 years not to mention owens has also played 2 more years and moss is just behind him and only 5 tds short of him. what's the most important thing about being a wr? the ability to catch the ball and moss is superior to owens when it comes to catching the ball.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Rampage;2106133 said:
not to mention Moss spent 2 years in that hopeless pit named Oakland.

I have no sympathy for his self-inflicted purgatory period in Oakland.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Rampage;2106162 said:
he dogged it and played on a terrible team for 2 years not to mention owens has also played 2 more years and moss is just behind him and only 5 tds short of him. what's the most important thing about being a wr? the ability to catch the ball and moss is superior to owens when it comes to catching the ball.

in 8 of his 10 seasons, all Moss has done is run the go route, and then used his size to catch the ball over TO.

in all 12 seasons, TO has used his skills to outwork the DB in route to catches YAC, and TD's

give me the player that works the field, and can catch the ball anywhere on the field.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
dargonking999;2106251 said:
in 8 of his 10 seasons, all Moss has done is run the go route, and then used his size to catch the ball over TO.

in all 12 seasons, TO has used his skills to outwork the DB in route to catches YAC, and TD's

give me the player that works the field, and can catch the ball anywhere on the field.
this is becoming such a popular myth it's laughable. the guy has 124 career tds from running a go route:laugh2: boy he looked afraid going across the middle on this play last year
moss%20one%20hand.jpg

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Rampage;2106254 said:
this is becoming such a popular myth it's laughable. the guy has 124 career tds from running a go route:laugh2: boy he looked afraid going across the middle on this play last year
moss%20one%20hand.jpg

going across the middle when the S isn't in position, and the CB is beat, doesn't show me anything.

Try again later.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Nobody is better than Owens. There is not a better WR in the NFL young or old better than T.O. right now, and have not been since 1998.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Id love to have Steve Smith on my team. Can he get the jump balls? No. But thats about all he cant do.

Imagine what hed put up with a Romo, Brady, Palmer, or P.Manning.

Spectre

Reaction score
As for all-around talent T.O. is a arguably the best.

But if you don't mention Braylon Edwards when talking about the best WRs in football then you don't watch enough NFL.

Steve Smith, when he's on, is phenomenal, as well.

Harrison is not a candidate if we're talking about currently. He's no longer the player he once was.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Rampage;2106254 said:

If you are trying to make a case that Moss goes across the middle with any regularity I suggest you just give up on it and save everyone a bunch of time.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Spectre;2106266 said:
As for all-around talent T.O. is a arguably the best.

But if you don't mention Braylon Edwards when talking about the best WRs in football then you don't watch enough NFL.

Steve Smith, when he's on, is phenomenal, as well.

Harrison is not a candidate if we're talking about currently. He's no longer the player he once was.

Edwards should probably string together a couple of seasons of good play before he is thrown into that mix. I was going to mention Edwards but didn't for that reason. Any player who has only come out and played 1 good year usually doesn't have a whole lot of right to be involved when talking about the best at their position.

Steve Smith does deserve to be in the discussion but hes one of those cases where hes being held back by not having any help. If you start throwing Smith in there then I think you have to start considering Andre Johnson who has probably been held back more than any WR ever has.

Really it comes down to Moss or TO.

If you asked me who I would want as a player to open up your offense and really command attention away from the LOS, I'll take Moss.

If you asked me who I would want as an all-around complete threat and total package, I'll take TO.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MarionBarberThe4th;2106264 said:
Id love to have Steve Smith on my team. Can he get the jump balls? No. But thats about all he cant do.

Imagine what hed put up with a Romo, Brady, Palmer, or P.Manning.

Steve Smith belongs in any discussion for best current WR.

I'm not sure why people hold it against Moss that he only runs one route if nobody can stop it. Moss has far better hands, but his splits on grass are much lower than they are on turf. That was part of the problem for him in Oakland--that and no QB. Personally, I much prefer Owens style of play, but Moss is the more valuable WR.

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
Owens is more of the consummate receiver than Moss.

I believe that neither one are the best at their craft. If I had to pick, it would be Moss because he's more trustworthy in the hands department than Owens.

Other than that, I'd pick Owens.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
I think T.O is the best in the game.... Randy Moss got over-rated once he started to get balls from brady, where was he when he was in the Raiders???
T.O played with Mcnab and he was putting numbers up, that should tell u enough.. :laugh2:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moss is better..... Braylon Edwards is seriously getting better every year and his numbers show it. Larry Fitzgerald, when healthy is right up there. If he had a REAL QB throwing to him his numbers would be amazing. Let us not forget one Steve Smith either.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Sarge;2106327 said:
Moss is better..... Braylon Edwards is seriously getting better every year and his numbers show it. Larry Fitzgerald, when healthy is right up there. If he had a REAL QB throwing to him his numbers would be amazing. Let us not forget one Steve Smith either.

I wanted to mention that but I went and looked at the numbers from last year and the Cards had a damn good offense. I didn't realize that Warner did as good as he did.

27 TDs last year. If Fitz was on a team with an elite QB, I could see his number being better but Warner looks to have provided more than enough.