Zoners: Be Honest......

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
D has slow start

The Cowboys won't like their defensive rank once Week 1 is in the books. Tampa Bay gained 450 yards – more than any team managed against the Cowboys last season – and didn't allow a sack. It's the first time the Cowboys have failed to get a sack under Phillips.

Ref above.....I read in another thread:banghead:

Honestly.......can ANY of you believe this happen to our D?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Not making excuses for them but we had a few quick strike TDs that put our D on the field without much rest. Add in the heat and humidity and you have the potential for some mental lapses.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Ware whiffed on one, and there were a few nice hits.

Well need more push vs the Giants, even w/o any WR's Eli's been known to get into nice grooves

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
viman96;2939252 said:
Not making excuses for them but we had a few quick strike TDs that put our D on the field without much rest. Add in the heat and humidity and you have the potential for some mental lapses.
That's a point I need to consider.
I know one thing, looking at the Giant today, we "better be better".
Not saying that the Giants are all that, but they are a bunch of men.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Rampage;2939274 said:
honestly our defense is average at best. you saw the game today

Seems to be true.....however, what are they missing?

Spears picked it up today.

Spencer looked good.

I feel maybe Hamlin has went down hill since he signed his contract......did anyone notice anything positive from him today?

I really believe we need a strong big NT....and put Rat at the DE.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I thought Sensabaugh played a decent game. He can close in quickly on the ball and can lay some wood.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
I honestly thought that the defense was going to tee off on Leftwich today. The D really came on strong near the end hurrying Lefty but he still had time to wind up and let loose. Luckily Lefty wass off today or the game would've been interesting.

Hopefully we'll be able to get consistent pressure next week

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
OMG Someone call the Whaaaaaaambulance!

Our defense had a poor day. No worse than opening night 1007 against the Giants.

Why not cry about what we did well.

All I heard all preseason was how penalties, poor special teams play and a lack of big plays on offense would be our down fall.

I'd say the team put those concerns to rest today.

Our defense is the last concern of mine.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2939367 said:
OMG Someone call the Whaaaaaaambulance!

Our defense had a poor day. No worse than opening night 1007 against the Giants.

Why not cry about what we did well.

All I heard all preseason was how penalties, poor special teams play and a lack of big plays on offense would be our down fall.

I'd say the team put those concerns to rest today.

Our defense is the last concern of mine.

In the year 1007 dinosaurs roamed the earth

T-Rex's would make terroble recievers

Taz

Reaction score
this season cowboys fans to see how a greg ellis less dallas D does

tunahelper

Reaction score
It seemed like the LBers were not meeting the blockers in the hole and at times were not taking good angles.
Ratliff seemed to shoot a gap and he would knife into the backfield past the runner. Tampa RG and C whooped some butt!

Technique was our major obstacle today.

btcutter

Reaction score
I am a little concerned but let's not hit the panic button after week 1. The team needs to play as a team. Sometimes O will need to cover D and vice versa.
We are 1-0 and need to correct our mistakes just like everyone. No team plays perfect football in week one. Even if they do, they need to keep it up for 16+ weeks.

I am most worried about our front 7 depth esp the LBs. I am already thinking drafting LBs next yr.

ThrowuptheXDez88

Reaction score
lol wouldnt you clowns want the defense to be playing their best in December-January hopefully instead of September 13th, which they were still able to win the game, I SWEAR... BE HAPPY WE WON, GREEDY *** *******S

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Didn't we finish 8th last year on D?

So the loss of Thomas, Canty, RW/KD, Henry, Pacman, and Burnett dropped us to what we saw today?

I really don't think so. In many of those, if not all, positions we either upgraded or replaced with equals. I think we just didn't really know what Tampa was going to do offensively, plus we played in the heat and humidity in the dark jerseys, and the D still needs a little time to gel. We'll be fine.