Zoners: Be Honest......

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The defense played poorly at points today. No can, or is going to, deny that. However I doubt they're going to play that poorly every single week all year long.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There is still a lot of time to get better.

The pass rush was awful today. I expect that to change.

Im not as confident in our ability to stop the run.

We were actually penetrating the line well but we just couldn't get stops in the backfield.

We didn't do great today but I can already tell are secondary is upgraded.

IMO the whole team looked sloppy today and Romo was extremely off early and the offense looked lost at times but yet we still managed a double digit victory.

Based on this performance there is no where to go but up imo.

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
It's stressing to see the GB defense go to the 3-4 and wreck shop against the Bears and seeing Dallas play the 3-4 and looked pitiful. It just doesn't make since.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Vintage;2939226 said:
Defense is 1-0.

Wade?

MWILL;2939742 said:
It's stressing to see the GB defense go to the 3-4 and wreck shop against the Bears and seeing Dallas play the 3-4 and looked pitiful. It just doesn't make since.

GB was at home against a divisional rival. Divisional games are always hard fought.

I wasn't very pleased with the D today, especially the run D. Given the Giants and Skins can run the ball, seeing the Bucs do whatever they wanted in the run game was pretty frustrating.

Grevus

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;2939392 said:
In the year 1007 dinosaurs roamed the earth

T-Rex's would make terroble recievers

Actually, what happened in the year 1007 are the following:

* Aethelred buys two years of peace with the Danes for 36,000 pounds of silver.
* Songjiang County, the later city of Shanghai, is founded (approximate date).
* Henry II of Germany founds the diocese of Bamberg.
* Isaac I Comnenus was born, Byzantine emperor (d. 1062)
* Gruoch, wife of King Macbeth was born (d. 1060)
* Ouyang Xiu, Chinese historian, essayist and poet, was born (d. 1072)

None of these have anything to do with football.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2939219 said:
Ref above.....I read in another thread:banghead:

Honestly.......can ANY of you believe this happen to our D?

Well, we did manage to win. The special teams were outstanding, and the offense went nuts in the 2nd half. Its good to get a win when one of your units had a statistically bad day.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
royw11utdc;2939509 said:
lol wouldnt you clowns want the defense to be playing their best in December-January hopefully instead of September 13th, which they were still able to win the game, I SWEAR... BE HAPPY WE WON, GREEDY *** *******S

I think most of us want them to play at their best all the time. When you hit puberty you will understand this better.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
What do you want from a team that did not tackle during camp. It's the first time these guys have had to hit anyone and hold on.

cowboyed

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2939295 said:
Seems to be true.....however, what are they missing?

Spears picked it up today.

Spencer looked good.

I feel maybe Hamlin has went down hill since he signed his contract......did anyone notice anything positive from him today?

I really believe we need a strong big NT....and put Rat at the DE.

Hamlin actually had a great open field tackle on a receiver (I forgot on who, Clayton) but he just isn't the force on the field he was in his first year. The Seahawks let him go for a reason besides the head injury.

cowboyed

Reaction score
viman96;2939322 said:
I thought Sensabaugh played a decent game. He can close in quickly on the ball and can lay some wood.

Sensabaugh played beyond decent, he played very well and that penalty called on him was beyond ticky tacky. He just touched the receiver and it netted an interference penalty. Not only did Sensabaugh cover well and play physically hard, but he also blocked a field goal in the first quarter.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Sensabaugh played well - Jenkins not. The d-line got manhandled by a below average offense which is the real concern here.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
cowboyed;2940092 said:
Sensabaugh played beyond decent, he played very well and that penalty called on him was beyond ticky tacky. He just touched the receiver and it netted an interference penalty. Not only did Sensabaugh cover well and play physically hard, but he also blocked a field goal in the first quarter.

He got away with a horsecollar. You know #31 would have drawn that penalty.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
sonnyboy;2939367 said:
OMG Someone call the Whaaaaaaambulance!

Our defense had a poor day. No worse than opening night 1007 against the Giants.

Why not cry about what we did well.

All I heard all preseason was how penalties, poor special teams play and a lack of big plays on offense would be our down fall.

I'd say the team put those concerns to rest today.

Our defense is the last concern of mine.

Wow, I didn't realize the Cowboys have been around that long.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
You have to be concerned by the defensive performance today.

The d-line got pushed around pretty good. One bright spot was Marcus Spear play. He actually had a decent game.

Pass rush? I think we really missed Ellis today in that respect. You have to admit, Ellis could rush the passer. What I saw from anthony spencer today does not give me a lot of confidence.

Secondary? I think the schemes we were playing had a part in so much yardage given up. It seemed like we were playing bend but don't break game plan hoping Tampa would make a mistake.

I would blame Brian Stewart for this but, well, you know the deal.

I say we fire the defensive coordinator. :shades:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2939219 said:
Ref above.....I read in another thread:banghead:

Honestly.......can ANY of you believe this happen to our D?

To be honest the Run defense played bad. The pressure was a tad late on Leftwich but in my view it had more to do with Leftwich willing to stand in there and take the big hits. I know one thing Leftwich will not make it 16 weeks taking the hits he did yesterday

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Bradie James said on a DC.com interview that they didn't want to make excuses but they didn't really know how the Bucs were going to attack because they haven't seen how this Offensive Coordinator was going to attack teams.

They didn't know all the tendancies.

He said in the 2nd half they had a better understanding as to what they were going to do.

Keep in mind you have to give Tampa some credit because they had guys making spectacular plays.

Jenkins also said the humidity played a huge factor and a lot of people had their energy drained early in the game.

Excuses, I know, but hopefully they'll do better next week.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CATCH17;2940248 said:
Bradie James said on a DC.com interview that they didn't want to make excuses but they didn't really know how the Bucs were going to attack because they haven't seen how this Offensive Coordinator was going to attack teams.

They didn't know all the tendancies.

He said in the 2nd half they had a better understanding as to what they were going to do.

Keep in mind you have to give Tampa some credit because they had guys making spectacular plays.

Jenkins also said the humidity played a huge factor and a lot of people had their energy drained early in the game.

Excuses, I know, but hopefully they'll do better next week.

It does not matter the why it does matter that Wade acknowledge that we have to improve on defense. Status quo is not going to cut it. I think this group will perform better this coming weekend

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
Grevus;2940075 said:
Actually, what happened in the year 1007 are the following:

* Aethelred buys two years of peace with the Danes for 36,000 pounds of silver.
* Songjiang County, the later city of Shanghai, is founded (approximate date).
* Henry II of Germany founds the diocese of Bamberg.
* Isaac I Comnenus was born, Byzantine emperor (d. 1062)
* Gruoch, wife of King Macbeth was born (d. 1060)
* Ouyang Xiu, Chinese historian, essayist and poet, was born (d. 1072)

None of these have anything to do with football.

Actually, the more things change, the more things stay the same ...

1007 is part of the Viking era, but it is clear that the Viking era is near its end.

In 1007 is was due to Europe building great castles to fend of the Vikings and the spread of Christianity to pacify the Vikings a little bit. In 2009 it's due to Favre breaking down and they have quarterback roulette behind him.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
CowboyMike;2939521 said:
Didn't we finish 8th last year on D?

So the loss of Thomas, Canty, RW/KD, Henry, Pacman, and Burnett dropped us to what we saw today?

I really don't think so. In many of those, if not all, positions we either upgraded or replaced with equals. I think we just didn't really know what Tampa was going to do offensively, plus we played in the heat and humidity in the dark jerseys, and the D still needs a little time to gel. We'll be fine.

I think the thing most fans are pissed about was the fact that the RBs were piling up yardage after 1st, 2nd an 3rd contact. No defensive scheme will cover up the fact that you can't tackle. None.

That was the most disappointing part of the day for me. The Bucs chewed up our run D and spit it out. It's a good thing that Romo hit a few big plays and forced the Bucs into a passing game. If we would have had to duke it out, the Bucs running game would have crushed us. This entire board would be on suicide watch.