Zoners: BP will work deal with Mr. Jones

khiladi

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan;1847387 said:
Barber/McFadden Combination would be lovely..... But I don't agree to trade Bobby Carpenter off... He's going to be the Cowboys Brian Urlacher.... He is not getting the opportunity to play...

Are you kidding me? If we had McFadden this year, at least 4 of the runs that McFadden would have been carrying instead of JJ was carrying the ball, would have gone for TDs. And if McFadden was 80 percent of what Peterson is, we will have won out.

yesfan

Reaction score
I think McFadden would certainly be a great addition with Barber
in the backfield,there's just secondary concerns that might better
be addressed with the two picks in the first.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Hostile;1845862 said:
I am on board for Rice or Stewart, but I'd be just as happy giving the starting nod to Barber and finding a compliment for him in a later round. I like the kid from South Florida too. His name escapes me right now.

Hos. I think that is Kevin Smith from Central Florida that you're talking about. South Florida doesn't have a back with more than 832 yards, so it probably isn't anyone from S. Fla. that you're thinking of.

I really like him too. He's got nice size and he rushed for 2,448 yards this season.

However, according to GBN, he just decided to stay in college for his senior season.

He'll be a good one, next year.

"(3:00 PM): No draft for college’s top rusher… Central Florida junior RB Kevin Smith has announced that he will be returning to UCF for his senior season at UCF and will pass on a chance to enter the 2008 draft. The 6-0, 212-pound Smith ran for 2,448 and 30 TDs this fall and is just 180 yards shy of tying former Oklahoma State standout Barry Sanders for Division I-As all-time single-season mark."

Link: http://www.gbnreport.com/index.htm

Look under the December 20th heading, down on the page.

EDIT: Nevermind Hos... I see this was already posted in this thread. That's what I get for not reading the whole thing before replying.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Some of you guys are really missing the point. Miami only has a few players that are really good. Carpenter automatically would probably be the 2nd or 3rd best LB on the team if he went there. He played very well in a playoff game- so he CAN play. Maybe he would only be there for a few years before someone better came along- but that is what you do when your team is 1-13.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Khiladi:
we get the point. You hate and despise BP and think he accomplished nothing. You do not have to keep posting the same thing over and over again.