Zoners: Can you believe this info?

hendog

Reaction score
burmafrd;3031551 said:
I will take one penalty a game as long as the Hotel allows no visitors to Room Romo.

I see what you did there.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3031482 said:
Adams has a team-high seven penalties, including four false start flags. Given the type of speed rushers he faces on a weekly basis, the Cowboys will live with one or two as long as he keeps quarterback Tony Romo clean.

I pulled this from another thread and found it interestingly FUNNY! :lmao2:

WHAT could be done as a coach to help Adams cut down on these mistakes?

SEAROUSLY Zoners, What should Wade do?

Force him to wear hearing aides...

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
the 2 best pass rushers Dallas has faced this year so far (IMO) are Osi Humanurine and Dumervil. Osi was limited to 1 tackle and 0 sacks.

Dumervil did have 2 sacks, but one (which caused the fumble) was not Flo's fault. It was just a good blitz and bad playcall by Dallas. They sent Choice wide and Flozell collapsed in. Dumervil came on a slightly delayed blitz and was able to come untouched. It's hard to pin it on Flozell because he appeared to do what he was supposed to. Bennett was the outside guy and he did his job on that play...it was just a good play call by Denver.

They sacked Romo 5 out of the 9 times he's been sacked this season. That means Dallas gave up an avg of 1 sack in each of the other 4 games. I'd rather have 0, but it's not bad. And i think most of those sacks are going to LBs, so it's not like Flo's giving things up, it's good defensive playcalling and poor pass protection (and Romo hanging on to the ball and taking the sack). IMO, I'd rather see Romo take a sack than chuck up a silly pass while under pressure...those rarely end well.

Despite the penalties, as far as pass protection goes, I'd still rather have Flo than most any other LT in the league.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
peplaw06;3031533 said:
He's had tens of thousands of "consequences" this season alone.

The league fines for tripping etc.?

They don't seem to be motivating him to clean up his act thus far...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dogunwo;3031567 said:
So Dallas should sign everyone available so that someone in the division doesn't get them?

No. let's put up with constant penalties and sloppy play stalling offensive drives with no reprecussions whatsoever.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;3031580 said:
Or he was the best available option and they signed even if he's not 100%.

I'll take a couple of penalties over someone who's not healthy.

Sorry, but I doubt even the Commanders would sign someone not healthy enough to play, much less pass a physical.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
stasheroo;3031672 said:
The league fines for tripping etc.?

They don't seem to be motivating him to clean up his act thus far...
Maybe it's not a question of motivation.

Seriously, everyone's so worried about 4 false start penalties in 5 games... What about the fact that he's been MONEY as a LT for going on 12 seasons now? He began starting in the 5th game of his rookie season, and he hasn't given that spot up since, save the 10 games he missed when he blew out his knee.

Personally, I'll give up 5 yards a game to a false start and an occasional hold. I'd guaran-damn-tee you that Levi Jones wouldn't be any better. That guy was on the street until the Skins lost Samuels.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
stasheroo;3031680 said:
Sorry, but I doubt even the Commanders would sign someone not healthy enough to play, much less pass a physical.

We are talking about the Commanders right? If they need him bad enough they can make him pass a physical.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
peplaw06;3031689 said:
Maybe it's not a question of motivation.

Seriously, everyone's so worried about 4 false start penalties in 5 games... What about the fact that he's been MONEY as a LT for going on 12 seasons now? He began starting in the 5th game of his rookie season, and he hasn't given that spot up since, save the 10 games he missed when he blew out his knee.

And is that based on phenomenal play or the fact that the team hasn't done anything to remotely challenge him for his spot?

Personally, I'll give up 5 yards a game to a false start and an occasional hold. I'd guaran-damn-tee you that Levi Jones wouldn't be any better. That guy was on the street until the Skins lost Samuels.

That remains to be seen, according to Stats Inc, Jones' sacks allowed numbers have been better than Adams' for the past several years.

And 'on the street' has never been a broad brush indictment of a player's ability in my book.

Teams make evaluation mistakes every day.

We'll just have to wait and see how Jones does in Washington. Although given their current state, I don't know if he's in the best position to do that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;3031706 said:
We are talking about the Commanders right? If they need him bad enough they can make him pass a physical.

And if he's not healthy enough to pass a physical on his own, how is he healthy enough to help them?

That sounds like a clear contradiction to me.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
stasheroo;3031714 said:
And if he's not healthy enough to pass a physical on his own, how is he healthy enough to help them?

That sounds like a clear contradiction to me.

What I mean is each team has a doctor that clears the player. One doctor could say he's ready to play when another says he can't. It's happened before where a player goes one team and fails then goes to another and passes.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
stasheroo;3031708 said:
And is that based on phenomenal play or the fact that the team hasn't done anything to remotely challenge him for his spot?
What do you want? Did you want us to draft a LT in the first round of the past few years? Yeah, even the worst run franchises in the NFL don't often draft left tackles in the first round when they have a second team all pro and multiple time pro-bowler manning down the position.

That remains to be seen, according to Stats Inc, Jones' sacks allowed numbers have been better than Adams' for the past several years.

And 'on the street' has never been a broad brush indictment of a player's ability in my book.

Teams make evaluation mistakes every day.
Good thing we have you here to set us straight.

We'll just have to wait and see how Jones does in Washington. Although given their current state, I don't know if he's in the best position to do that.
Making excuses already? I thought you were gonna wait and see...?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
peplaw06;3031730 said:
What do you want? Did you want us to draft a LT in the first round of the past few years? Yeah, even the worst run franchises in the NFL don't often draft left tackles in the first round when they have a second team all pro and multiple time pro-bowler manning down the position.

Like receiver, I think tackle is a position the Cowboys have been reluctant to address for several years.

Good thing we have you here to set us straight.

Yeah, that's what I'm after, that all-important internet credit. But heaven forbid anybody isn't right on board with everything this team does or doesn't do. You'll get your 'frandom' questioned.

Making excuses already? I thought you were gonna wait and see...?

Why so miserable?

I'm not excusing anything.

Like I said, we'll see what we'll see.

landryscorner

Reaction score
New coach coming in in 2010 will not have FLO on his roster...you can count on that....how long has he been on the league?? even a new coach can't change the way FLO plays...your seeing Flo's last year in Dallas.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
The only thing stasheroo, that I'd like to add is this.

There are several teams out there who could use LT help. Green Bay, for example, their OL has been terrible. Rodgers has been sacked something like 25 times in 5 games. And yet... Jones wasn't even brought in for a look-see.

Yes, franchises make mistakes and maybe Jones is an example of such. But far more players end up out of the league for legitimate reasons than "missing" out on someone like Levi Jones.

Odds are Jones has issues (injury related) that teams weren't willing to sign bec. they didn't see an upgrade.

We shall see. But the Commanders didn't even bring Jones aboard until AFTER the injury to Samuels. Otherwise, they likely don't bring him aboard either...

The other thing is... we do have Free on the roster, whom we know nothing about. I'd rather see what Free could do than bring Jones aboard.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vintage;3032076 said:
The only thing stasheroo, that I'd like to add is this.

There are several teams out there who could use LT help. Green Bay, for example, their OL has been terrible. Rodgers has been sacked something like 25 times in 5 games. And yet... Jones wasn't even brought in for a look-see.

Actually I read that they did have Jones in for a look. They didn't sign him though.

Yes, franchises make mistakes and maybe Jones is an example of such. But far more players end up out of the league for legitimate reasons than "missing" out on someone like Levi Jones.

Definitely. I was just pointing out that they do sometimes make mistakes.

Odds are Jones has issues (injury related) that teams weren't willing to sign bec. they didn't see an upgrade.

Definitely so.

We shall see. But the Commanders didn't even bring Jones aboard until AFTER the injury to Samuels. Otherwise, they likely don't bring him aboard either...

The other thing is... we do have Free on the roster, whom we know nothing about. I'd rather see what Free could do than bring Jones aboard.

And I can see that line of thinking too. I was just playing the couch-GM bit and saying what I would do if it were me.

I'd like to give Adams a bit of a wake-up call myself.

RS12

Reaction score
WHAT could be done as a coach to help Adams cut down on these mistakes?

Retirement. Looks to me like he already did.

Givincer

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm willing to put up with the absurd false starts, because I don't take for granted how good he is. Also I don't think it's worth messing up the continuity of our line.

And I'm not saying I don't get frustrated when he jumps, because it truly is unbelievable the regularity with which it happens.

burmafrd

Reaction score
did not get a chance to watch the game. How did the Hotel do? Did he allow any visitors?