Zoners: CrazyCowboy training camp observations

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Hello Zoners:

I am really tired from a great day at training camp.

My Observations:

-- I do not understand why practice is advertised to start at x-time and players keep showing up as they please.....it takes approx 10 extra min for them all to show up.

--94 Ware, DeMarcus is a STUD.....I do not know anything else to say. He dominates whoever is in front of him and I get the feeling sometimes that he is SuperMan and can get to the qb anytime he wants to......pay him what ever and we will justify it in the Zone.

--82 Witten, Jason is a great TE, however, has he lost focus? Yes, it is training camp but he literally has 3 illegal procedure penalities in two day....more then the Hotel....what is up with that Jason?

--58 Williams, Jason is going to be a factor on ST and maybe the Nickel. He is quick.......on one play he did not go for the play action......picked up Choice out of the backfield and easy knocked down the ball and seemed to be faster out of the break then the rb who knew the play......nice job Rook!

--Chad Peters is a great guy and I got to speak with him briefly this morning. I predict this young man will be an Awesome reporter one day and I hope it is Mickey Spags replacement with the Cowboys! A fine young man and sports reporter.

--25 Watkins, Pat experiment is done imho......you can clearly see he is feeling the heat of our rookie class.....in drills he constantly bobbles the ball while the rookies are faster/smoother/and catch the ball clean.

--93 Spencer, Anthony might be a very good pash rush, however, this player excells in the run defense......man, he pushed Columbo back and killed the rb on 7-7 drills.....it was AWESOME.

--9 Romo, Tony AMAZES me watching his coolness, foot movement in the pocket, composure under pressure.....but, most of all his QUICK release.....wow....I could watch moxie play all day Zoners! BTW anyone who believe his arm strength is a little weak......he easily flicked one 58 yrds on the run against his body.....put it to rest.....ROMO has a very good NFL arm--period.

--90 Ratliff, Jay deserves more credit on the DL then he gets.......we would be hurting without his strength, hustle and leadership.......ask Gurode who got blew up by Rat on a inside drill this morning.

--99 Olshansky, Igor has disappointed me but it is early.....I have isolated on the player as I was excited about the signing.......nothing good or bad to report.....just waiting to see something Zoners.....he does look strong

--DISCUSSION

I am officially worried about our WR's......after today, I hate to report that I am officially giving up on the 86 Stanback, Isaiah WR experienment......he dropped a bomp in stride from ROMO.....I did not have a great angle.....so at worse it might have been just a little under thrown.....but, you could tell by Coach Wade's reaction.....he should of caught it for a TD.

After 3 practices, here is my opinion/ratings of the WR group.

1. 19 Austin, Miles -- has made the easy, difficult and all catches thrown his way. By far has the best speed/size/combination of all of our WR's. If we are going to put any pressure on the opposing teams CBs then this is our guy Zoners.......start pulling for him now.

2. 17 Hurd, Sam has really shot up the WR scale with todays fine performance.......seems better then average speed......tough catches in the middle of the field......no drops.....just consistant

3. 84 Crayton, Patrick just keeps making plays with his quickness in the slot.......I believe he will excel as the #3 WR.

4. 11 Williams, Roy or 4 RW (it does not matter which number he wears) is hard for me to figure out.....I really want to justify that #1 etc....draft picks we gave up for this guy and I pray it pans out Zoners....but, the facts are he has done little in 3 practice sessions.......he does make some of the difficult catches, however, if the play does not work just right....he lets up on the play....I hate that! I will try and keep an open and positive mind about this guy as after all he will be our #1 WR but right now he is not the #1 in camp........that goes to Austin

Ok, Zoners what is you honest opinion about our WR situation? Will we be ok because of our RB's and AWESOME TE's? Or, should we look at Matt Jones or some other options?

Suggestions are welcomed because I am concerned.

Thanks

--

burmafrd

Reaction score
Igor will equal Canty for less then a quarter of the money. So that works for me.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2861291 said:
]
--99 Olshansky, Igor has disappointed me but it is early.....I have isolated on the player as I was excited about the signing.......nothing good or bad to report.....just waiting to see something Zoners.....he does look strong

--

Thanks for the report CC!

As far as Igor, I think that's a positive that there's nothing bad to report. He's supposed to be solid against the run and clear the way for DWare. That's his job. Do the grunt work, nothing spectacular. :)

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
:(
CowboyMike;2861308 said:
Thanks for the report CC!

As far as Igor, I think that's a positive that there's nothing bad to report. He's supposed to be solid against the run and clear the way for DWare. That's his job. Do the grunt work, nothing spectacular. :)

Yes, that is a very valid point......he did not lose any ground when I watched him but, did not get a bunch of push either.

Duane

Reaction score
Great report, hope you get to make a few more practices.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
CC, how is Buehler looking; worth the pick? Is he lining up on any other special teams units?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2861327 said:
CC, how is Beuhler looking; worth the pick? Is he lining up on any other special teams units?

I heard they put the receiving players in one of those American Gladiator rolling things whenever Buehler practices kicking off

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2861328 said:
I heard they put the receiving players in one of those American Gladiator rolling things whenever Buehler practices kicking off

:laugh2: Bad move, that will just shred other players with shrapnel when those things explode!

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CC, I'm very impressed with your camp reports. You touch on all the stuff I care about. I look forward to more if you can.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Joe Rod;2861327 said:
CC, how is Buehler looking; worth the pick? Is he lining up on any other special teams units?

His leg strength is termendous--period.

I love the potential of this pick helping our st's .....field position will improve drastically....he looked accurate on his fgs' and they would of been 55 yds at least.......we will all love this pick one day.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2861334 said:
CC, I'm very impressed with your camp reports. You touch on all the stuff I care about. I look forward to more if you can.
That is the nicest sig on the site. Very clean.

Hey CC, thank you for the reports. If you see Chad Peters again tomorrow, tell him Hos said hi.

tchoice23

Reaction score
I guess Mike Jenkins is having a great camp and thats why RW is not making big plays.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile;2861358 said:
That is the nicest sig on the site. Very clean.

Hey CC, thank you for the reports. If you see Chad Peters again tomorrow, tell him Hos said hi.

Will do Hos, however it will be Saturday as I work will keep me from attending tomorrow.....

tchoice23

Reaction score
Crazy,
WP was gushing about Bennett today. What is your opinion on beans, from this camp?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
tchoice23;2861370 said:
Crazy,
WP was gushing about Bennett today. What is your opinion on beans, from this camp?

Ref my report yesterday about #80.....he is the early MVP of camp if I had a vote.

tchoice23

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2861373 said:
Ref my report yesterday about #80.....he is the early MVP of camp if I had a vote.

We can just have him as #1WR if RW doesnt work out.:D

RS12

Reaction score
I am officially worried about our WR's......after today, I hate to report that I am officially giving up on the 86 Stanback, Isaiah WR experienment......he dropped a bomp in stride from ROMO.....I did not have a great angle.....so at worse it might have been just a little under thrown.....but, you could tell by Coach Wade's reaction.....he should of caught it for a TD.

Yep this and the O Line depth are highly questionable. Second bad report on Stanback I read today, though one report said he was doing well. Sounds like he is less than 50/50 to be in a Cowboy uni the forth pre season game.

lgarcia792002

Reaction score
cc.. thanks for this info.. love it.. any how i still have faith in my boy roy .. i don't know why but i have faith in him.. i think it might take a little time but he will get rolling and hopefully everything will start coming together and looking nice.. im still not giving up