Zoners: Giants future?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners:

If the Giants win the SUPER BOWL--I will really be Sick!

They played the PATS very tough in N.Y. so dont dismiss this happening! :bang2:

cnhnyy

Reaction score
Gints will be crushed this Sunday. All of their three TDs were aided big time by our/ref's stupid mistakes and I do not see their luck continues in Green Bay.

M McCarthy and Farve will eat gints secondary alive.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think the Pack win this week but I have no problem with the Giants and should they represent the NFC as well as the NFC East I'll pull for them. Unlike Skins and Eagles I don't have a deep hate for the Giants.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Fletch;1906106 said:
Won't happen. I guarantee it.

Yea, and I would of guaranteed all of you ZONERS that Dallas would of won last week also!

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
I'm so glad you put "ZONERS:" in every thread title you start.

Otherwise, I wouldn't know whether to read it, for fear that it might not be addressed to me.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I will be absolutely shocked if the Giants dont lose by 10 or more points.

Boysboy

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1906103 said:
Zoners:

If the Giants win the SUPER BOWL--I will really be Sick!

They played the PATS very tough in N.Y. so dont dismiss this happening! :bang2:

Honestly-all I'm hearing from the national sports media is...Packers are dominant, Favre is ALMIGHTY, Packers will beat the Pats in the Super Bowl, Packers will mandhandle the Giants b/c the Cowboys didn't play up to potential against them, Packers this, Packers that(and they FAIL to mention their NON-existent pass rush AND ****** run D). And my ex-girlfriend, who's a Packers fan, is dogging me now.

No, no, NO! The Packers CAN'T win-I want to media and my ex to SHUT UP for awhile, at the very least.:bang2:

utrunner07

Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;1906177 said:
I'm so glad you put "ZONERS:" in every thread title you start.

Otherwise, I wouldn't know whether to read it, for fear that it might not be addressed to me.

:laugh2:people are starting to get a little testy.

chargrove

Reaction score
The last time I checked the box scores, the Giants came closer than anyone to beating the Patriots in the last week of the season and played one heck of a game from start to finish.

Then they won a playoff game against TB.

Then they beat Dallas in their own place in another playoff game.

Huh.

I'd say the Giants are on a roll at exactly the right time. Green Bay, watch out.

Kilyin

Reaction score
chargrove;1906482 said:
The last time I checked the box scores, the Giants came closer than anyone to beating the Patriots in the last week of the season and played one heck of a game from start to finish.

Then they won a playoff game against TB.

Then they beat Dallas in their own place in another playoff game.

Huh.

I'd say the Giants are on a roll at exactly the right time. Green Bay, watch out.

Actually the Ravens came closest to beating the Patriots.

Green Bay is going to steamroll the Giants.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Kilyin;1906491 said:
Actually the Ravens came closest to beating the Patriots.

Green Bay is going to steamroll the Giants.

Green Bay has a weak pass rush and a vulnerable run D-don't count on it.

Jerry Tagge

Reaction score
Boysboy;1906299 said:
Honestly-all I'm hearing from the national sports media is...Packers are dominant, Favre is ALMIGHTY, Packers will beat the Pats in the Super Bowl, Packers will mandhandle the Giants b/c the Cowboys didn't play up to potential against them, Packers this, Packers that(and they FAIL to mention their NON-existent pass rush AND ****** run D). And my ex-girlfriend, who's a Packers fan, is dogging me now.

No, no, NO! The Packers CAN'T win-I want to media and my ex to SHUT UP for awhile, at the very least.:bang2:
Where are you hearing this? Seriously, I want to know because I'm not hearing this. I'm hearing how good Ryan Grant was after fumbling twice and all the Favre love. You have to expect Favre love. The guy has been around for 17 years.

I'm hearing the Packers should win but don't be surprised if the Giants upset them at Lambeau.

All I'm hearing about the Super Bowl is that the Packers and Giants are playing for the right to get clobbered by the Patriots.

Jerry Tagge

Reaction score
Boysboy;1906661 said:
Green Bay has a weak pass rush and a vulnerable run D-don't count on it.
Packers pass rush hasn't been the same since Johnny Jolly went on IR. Same for defending the run.

Packers run D has trouble against big backs like Brandon Jacobs.

I'm actually more worried about the run D than the pass rush. Cullen Jenkins is healthy for the first time this year. Teams can't double team Kampman anymore. KGB is also healthy so I look for Eli to be on the run quite a bit.

I'm actually hoping for snow again because I don't think Coughlin will have Eli put the ball in the air if it's snowing. This makes the Giants one dimensional and the Packers D eats one dimensional offenses for lunch. Ask the Seahawks.

Cowboys presented matchup problems for the Packers D because they have so many offensive weapons. Marion Barber is the kind of RB that runs all over the Packers. Jason Witten is the best TE in the NFL and the Packers are the worst team at covering the TE. Marcus Pollard let a sure TD pass go right through his hands.

Giants don't present as many matchup problems as the Cowboys do. I also think the Packers offense will have a field day against that banged up Giants secondary. MM isn't using the 5 WR set anymore. He's mostly going with the 3 WR set. Sometimes he goes 2 TE and still throws out of it. He'll keep an extra blocker in for max protection against the Giants pass rush.

My prediction is the Packers win in a close game. Hopefully the Chargers win earlier in the day. If they don't, then I hope the Packers do what no other team has done this year - beat the Patriots.

I'm looking forward to the Cowboys coming up to Titletown next year. I hope it's on Sunday night or Monday night.

giantfan1232

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;1907082 said:
It's over on Sunday for the G-men....they have no shot.
I think it will be close but I'm expecting the Packers win and a ticket to get destroyed by the Patriots.:(

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
giantfan1232;1907153 said:
I think it will be close but I'm expecting the Packers win and a ticket to get destroyed by the Patriots.:(

Good luck bro....you're team does have alot of heart I will grant you that, but I just think the Pack are on a huge role right now and probably going to expose that decimated secondary.

Boysboy

Reaction score
giantfan1232;1907153 said:

Wow-for a team that's won NINE straight road games, you have NO faith in your team? Wow...

Seriously-the Giants have been pretty dog-gone good all year. Those 2 games we played in the reg season, 2-3 plays could have easily flipped both of these game your way, and the NFCDG would have been played in The Meadowlands instead.